INSANITY +apartment Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    barefoot and land soft

Barefoot? I don't think I could do that....I need more support.

I believe this mentality leads to more foot problems than it alleviates.

ETA: To clarify, I believe the mentality that people *need* shoes...that they need the support...is more problematic than curative. To further clarify, I believe people should build up to *more* time barefoot.

ETAM: What I'm saying is, yogicarl, this may be one of those remarkably rare points on which you and I agree. :drinker:
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Your opinion, but I respect it.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

If that was directed at my comment, I think you misunderstood it (so I went back and clarified it). I think you and I are on the same page with this one.

And if it *wasn't* directed at me, then never mind.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Why not meet your neighbours and ask them if its ok with them to do it properly at a certain time of day. I presume you don't intend to do it at 6am or 11pm so as long as its a reasonable time (after 9am and before 9pm) they should be cool with it. You are not really asking for their permission, you are being a considerate neighbour.

If they agree they won't get cross because they will have been respected by you. It's highly unlikely if you take the time to strike up a rapport with them that they would have a problem. There may be times when they want to make a noise like a party or some thing.

That would be my approach to this problem. Hope it helps.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

If that was directed at my comment, I think you misunderstood it (so I went back and clarified it). I think you and I are on the same page with this one.

It was directed - well in response to - your earlier comment, but I grabbed it by the wrong end. We do agree; my apologies.

I go around barefoot as much as practically possible so I guess my feet are stronger. I did Insanity barefoot with no problem and just landed softly through the feet with no problems.

But I respect it is not everyone's thing.

- and yes, jofjtncb6, it did stop me in my tracks to think we actually agree on something :drinker: - made me all warm inside :blushing:
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

It was directed - well in response to - your earlier comment, but I grabbed it by the wrong end. We do agree; my apologies.

I go around barefoot as much as practically possible so I guess my feet are stronger. I did Insanity barefoot with no problem and just landed softly through the feet with no problems.

- and yes, jofjtncb6, it did stop me in my tracks to think we actually agree on something :drinker: - made me all warm inside :blushing:

I have pretty high arches and when I walk barefoot my feet tend to hurt....if there is a way to strengthen them let me know lol. Weird question I guess but I just can't imagine working out without shoes. Like the other poster said, it may just be a mental thing thinking I "need" them...but I don't know. I am a server at a busy restaurant and on my feet 24/7...I use gel support and arch support in my shoes too.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I have pretty high arches and when I walk barefoot my feet tend to hurt....if there is a way to strengthen them let me know lol. Weird question I guess but I just can't imagine working out without shoes. Like the other poster said, it may just be a mental thing thinking I "need" them...but I don't know. I am a server at a busy restaurant and on my feet 24/7...I use gel support and arch support in my shoes too.

I'm no podiatrist, so take this w/ an appropriate grain of seasoning of your choice, but your feet problem is likely because your feet are weak...and that's despite how often you're on your feet. Shoes put pressure on certain areas of your feet, but not others...which leads to some areas being conditioned (and occasionally exhausted) and other areas being left completely unconditioned. It's a bad combination for when you go without shoes. I believe the solution is to *very gradually* go without shoes a little more each day. Start ridiculously slow. Plenty of programs available online, but it's something I think would benefit a lot of people with their conditioning. You may also find it helps you through your day job too.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

I'm no podiatrist, so take this w/ an appropriate grain of seasoning of your choice, but your feet problem is likely because your feet are weak...and that's despite how often you're on your feet. Shoes put pressure on certain areas of your feet, but not others...which leads to some areas being conditioned (and occasionally exhausted) and other areas being left completely unconditioned. It's a bad combination for when you go without shoes. I believe the solution is to *very gradually* go without shoes a little more each day. Start ridiculously slow. Plenty of programs available online, but it's something I think would benefit a lot of people with their conditioning. You may also find it helps you through your day job too.

Sounds like I can give it a shot, why not? Thanks for the advice! BTW- the "grain of seasoning of your choice" comment made me literally laugh out loud. Thank you for that as well. :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    barefoot and land soft

Barefoot? I don't think I could do that....I need more support.

Aren't we all here for the same things?