Summer bodies are made in winter!

Replies

• deego14
    deego14 Posts: 79 Member
    5'8
    CW: 135.5
    GW: I don't know If I will lose weight but I need to change my body composition.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    11/4/13

Height: 5' 10.5"
    CW : 211 lbs
    GW: 175 lbs

Will this happen by summer? Who knows, but I would give it a shot. I would be happy just maintaining in the 190s (onederland has been so elusive most of my adult life).
    Just saw this, but those are basically my starting stats from 2 years ago. I lost the wight by the summer (down to about 170), and have kept it off for a year and a half now. It is possible! Hang in there!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Welcome back.

I had originally lost all the weight but allowed about ten pounds to creep back when I started binge eating after the night shifts.

I still work out an hour most days, but diet is 80% of the equation. It takes a lot of effort to run six miles every other day, lift weights and still find time to gain weight. I also damaged a rotary cuff and get some knee pain after the long runs, so I need to be very careful of my health for the long haul. It's pretty depressing when the fat appears over the muscle, and nobody can tell that you work out.

I think it would be so much easier to cut back on the crazy activity and get my diet back on track. You can always out eat your exercise. Over the past six months I've packed a lot of weight onto the stomach, back and thighs. Being thin was kind of creepy too, though - I didn't like feeling so sinewy, bony and cold all the time, and strangers would say things about it. I'm sure there's a middle ground somewhere with my name on it.
  • Bromard6
    Bromard6 Posts: 44 Member
    Height: 6'1"
    CW: 171 (22.8% bf)
    GW: 165 (18.2% bf)

Make that, and I'll buy a leopard print banana hammock and hit the beach. (well, maybe not) ;)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    then why the heck was i wasting my time at the gym during spring??? :)
  • inferiormeatsack
    inferiormeatsack Posts: 28 Member
    Height: 5'9
    CW: 200
    GW: 140

I want to tone and tighten up more than anything, I want to be able to rock cute summer clothes!
  • emegburg
    emegburg Posts: 13 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    CW: 159
    GW: 145

I say 145, but I'm fine with 150 provided I'm very toned with low body fat. I want to be muscular not skinny.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    While it definitely is one of my goals to continue losing weight and get down to a healthier size, it's not my biggest goal. I want to be strong and fit, to be able to enjoy this coming summer fully with my husband and son, to not feel trapped indoors because I'm too unhealthy to do anything else. I can be skinny and still be unhealthy, and so fitness and strength are my biggest motivators. I'm hoping by summer I'll be actively lifting heavier weights (perhaps doing the StrongLift 5x5 program) and focusing on building muscle.

I'm not sure what exactly this coming summer has planned, but I intend to be healthy enough to enjoy ALL of it!

Height: 5'5"
    SW: 222 lbs
    CW: 202.4 lbs
    GW: 165 lbs
  • 5'11"
    cw 260
    GW 190
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Ok, I'm in. Could use the support through this adventure.

Height: 5'4"
    SW (today): 204
    GW (total): 145

At 2 pounds per week, I should be able to get there by the June, so I'm gonna goal it for the July 4th celebration!
    Let's do this~

Oh, and friends are welcome too :drinker:
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    I'm twenty-two and I have never worn a bikini! :blushing: But I'm determined to wear one next summer!
    I'm about to be 25 and never worn a bikini!!!

5'10
    SW: 230
    CW: 190
    GW: 150

I was the same.... 32 never worn a bikini :sad:

Went on Holiday to Florida in September

SW: 187
    Florida W: 163
    CW: 154
    GW: 146

And yes, i wore my first ever bikini :love: :blushing:

Good luck to everyone on their continued efforts :drinker:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    I love how you titled this .. so true!!

Height: 5'8
    CW: 160.8
    GW: 124-130 whatever feels right.
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    I'm signed to a Marathon in May and an Ultra in July so I have to, no choice!

Height: 6' 1"
    SW: 225lbs
    CW:181lbs
    GW:174lbs
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Oh! Oh! Me too!

I'm 27 and 5'5
    Start weight (Feb 2013): 200ish lbs
    Current: 168 lbs
    Goal: originally it was in the 140s but the more time that goes by it becomes less about the number on the scale and more about the way I look/feel.

Feel free to add me. I try to be fairly active on here.
  • Weight now is 211
    goal is 170 or under by June 21,2014
    My Wedding Date.
    oh and I am 28 and 5'9 with 2 children under 2 1/2.
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    I am 5'8
    SW:193
    CW:206 (yeas I gained wait , trying to get out of my rut I have been in for so long)
    GW: 150
  • Im 195 shooting for 210 then back to 190
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    While it definitely is one of my goals to continue losing weight and get down to a healthier size, it's not my biggest goal. I want to be strong and fit, to be able to enjoy this coming summer fully with my husband and son, to not feel trapped indoors because I'm too unhealthy to do anything else. I can be skinny and still be unhealthy, and so fitness and strength are my biggest motivators. I'm hoping by summer I'll be actively lifting heavier weights (perhaps doing the StrongLift 5x5 program) and focusing on building muscle.

I'm not sure what exactly this coming summer has planned, but I intend to be healthy enough to enjoy ALL of it!

Why wait til summer to lift weights? If you start now, you can maintain your muscle mass while you lose instead of having to build it when you get thin which is WAY harder.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member

Why wait til summer to lift weights? If you start now, you can maintain your muscle mass while you lose instead of having to build it when you get thin which is WAY harder.

Oh I've already begun strength training! It's just that at present I'm very weak and struggle to use even 5 or 10 lbs dumbbells during most exercises. I want to be able to do much heavier lifts by the summer and have some legitimate muscles mass to show off, hopefully. I was mostly bedridden for a long while which caused me to lose a lot of my LBM and physical strength; it's been a slow process to get it back. It'll happen though, I just need to stay focused on what my goals are. :)
  • Dre8604
    Dre8604 Posts: 61 Member
    5'6"
    SW 228
    CW 203
    GW 160

I've been struggling recently to get under 200 :-(