updated 338# lost in 15 months with new picture

Options

Replies

• SlimDownWithChristina
    Options
    Wow. im floored by your results. Great job, you achieved so much and your an incredible inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    IN AWE!!!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: DOWN 338# WITH NEW PICTURE

I am no rookie or stranger to gaining weight, losing weight, failed attempts, and paying for the same real estate over and over again. I have tried it all except for "the surgery". I really never had any problem losing it. Keeping it off has been my Achilles heal.

This is my story. I woke up on July 27, 2012 and decided enough is enough. I had to do something about my weight problem. I found MFP and quickly joined the website. After that, I logged in every day and recorded my food.

I lost 282# in 52 weeks. I did this with no tricks, no surgery, no supplements, no energy bars or drinks, no shots just pure old fashioned willpower and exercise. I joined a gym on December 24, 2012. Currently, I am there about 4-5 times a week. I probably broke all the rules. I eat about 1,000 calories a day. I eat three times a day with snacks. I have skipped meals when I am not hungry especially on the weekends when I am busy. I weigh myself every day. I visit my personal physician every 30 days. He monitors my progress and draws blood about every 60 days.

In the past year I haven’t had one bite of fast food, pizza, junky sweets or beer. I can’t say as I miss it. I want to lose about another 50#. I am posting this for the people out there who get discouraged or have a substantial amount to lose. You can do it. You have to be determined. Don’t get distracted by outside influences. I decided I would set aside one year of my life to really concentrate on my problem. I am 59 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. Everyone is amazed at my results. Are the results typical? I doubt it. Did I lose it too fast? The answer is probably. Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

beforejpg_zpscd1ceea7.png

photo_zpsd9a653e5.jpg

7aebee30-985f-4cbc-b01b-e29b384666f7_zpsfe0c9d30.jpg

1st picture is July 2012
    2nd picture is Jully 2013
    3rd picture is November 2013

You sir, are my hero!!! Thank you for sharing your journey!!! Just because something is 'right' for some, doesn't mean it is right for everyone!!! What are your plans for maintaining your weight loss? I too have yo yo'd a lot and refuse to do that again!!!
  • idajo2
    idajo2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You've undertaken an amazing - and transformative - journey. Congratulations on your success!
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow so inspiring.
    I need to hear your story today as I have been approached about doing some regime I am not sure about. I prefer to do things correctly as you have.
    I too believe you don't have to over eat when working out to lose weight.
    Congrats to you on your success. I am truly inspired and motivated!!
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great, great job.
  • fattohealthygirl
    Options
    one word: wow!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I LOVE seeing rockstar weight loss like yours. It does make the daunting task of the next 80 lbs seem perfectly feasible. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • JakiDee
    JakiDee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You're story made my day!!
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You are to be commended. You look great. Just what I need for me to remain focused. Thanks a bunch. :-)
  • Indirocks_14
    Indirocks_14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, So happy for you!
  • FrankieBenjamin
    FrankieBenjamin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    well done, this is one of the most inspirational stories on here, well done!
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! :drinker:
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look like a completely - and much younger - different person!
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am crying (for real) tears full of happy for you!!!

I have to admit this made a tear come to my eye. Wow it is truly inspirational. Well done, you are amazing.
  • 120mustdo
    120mustdo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing, an inspiration to everyone!!!
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yep, add this sap to the people tearing up. Well done! You look wonderful and happy!
  • mkmitch3
    mkmitch3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For all you youngsters out there (under 50) this goes to show you at any age with determination and discipline losing weight can be accomplished. Kudos to you!
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    Wow, very well done. Gives us all some inspiration.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: DOWN 338# WITH NEW PICTURE

I am no rookie or stranger to gaining weight, losing weight, failed attempts, and paying for the same real estate over and over again. I have tried it all except for "the surgery". I really never had any problem losing it. Keeping it off has been my Achilles heal.

This is my story. I woke up on July 27, 2012 and decided enough is enough. I had to do something about my weight problem. I found MFP and quickly joined the website. After that, I logged in every day and recorded my food.

I lost 282# in 52 weeks. I did this with no tricks, no surgery, no supplements, no energy bars or drinks, no shots just pure old fashioned willpower and exercise. I joined a gym on December 24, 2012. Currently, I am there about 4-5 times a week. I probably broke all the rules. I eat about 1,000 calories a day. I eat three times a day with snacks. I have skipped meals when I am not hungry especially on the weekends when I am busy. I weigh myself every day. I visit my personal physician every 30 days. He monitors my progress and draws blood about every 60 days.

In the past year I haven’t had one bite of fast food, pizza, junky sweets or beer. I can’t say as I miss it. I want to lose about another 50#. I am posting this for the people out there who get discouraged or have a substantial amount to lose. You can do it. You have to be determined. Don’t get distracted by outside influences. I decided I would set aside one year of my life to really concentrate on my problem. I am 59 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. Everyone is amazed at my results. Are the results typical? I doubt it. Did I lose it too fast? The answer is probably. Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

beforejpg_zpscd1ceea7.png

photo_zpsd9a653e5.jpg

7aebee30-985f-4cbc-b01b-e29b384666f7_zpsfe0c9d30.jpg

1st picture is July 2012
    2nd picture is Jully 2013
    3rd picture is November 2013

You. Are. SHA-MAY-ZING!!!! Congratulations on your awesome success so far!! You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!