Do I look my weight?

Options
Hey guys, I'm new here.

Not sure if this belongs here but it sorta has to do with weight loss..

I was wondering if I look like I'm 239 pounds, when I see myself in pictures or the mirror I never think I look as big as I weigh so I just wanted to hear others opinions.

BTW even though I'm not losing weight for the looks, I am doing it because I feel unhealthy. I was a smoker and heavy drinker so I'm just to just trying to all together turn my life around and be fit. I want to run marathons and climb mountains :)

v8h6w7.jpg

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Sure? It's not a big deal. You weigh 239. In a few months, if you eat to target, you'll be noticeably lighter. Good luck.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    When I was 190 pounds I thought I looked like I was 130 pounds. Now that I am 130 pounds I feel like I look like I weight 190 pounds. Perception will always be skewed.
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks are you're right it's not a big deal. Not something I'm focused on but just wondering.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    You look like you are at an unhealthy weight.

Since that's true, the number doesn't really matter, does it?
  • chel325
    Options
    When I was 190 pounds I thought I looked like I was 130 pounds. Now that I am 130 pounds I feel like I look like I weight 190 pounds. Perception will always be skewed.
    Yeah I've seen this problem a lot. Why do you think you look 190 now though?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have no clue. To me you look fairly short, and therefore I'd think you were probably under 200.

It is seriously hard to guess others' weights.
  • kmtbest
    kmtbest Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Standing next to a skinny friend never helps! lol I wouldn't have picked you to be 100kgs+ but you are what you are so it doesn't really matter. I never realised how big I was until I saw a photo of myself. Good luck on your journey to health :)
  • chel325
    Options
    I have no clue. To me you look fairly short, and therefore I'd think you were probably under 200.

It is seriously hard to guess others' weights.
    Yeah I am ridiculously short .

Yeah I'm thinking that everyone carries their weight differently.
  • chel325
    Options
    Standing next to a skinny friend never helps! lol I wouldn't have picked you to be 100kgs+ but you are what you are so it doesn't really matter. I never realised how big I was until I saw a photo of myself. Good luck on your journey to health :)
    Haha yeah I <3 this skinny friend. But she's nuts, she thinks she's too skinny and therefore unattractive :( Women just can't ever win.
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm older and sensitive to these questions. I still have weight issues..... but to answer your question: You look like you are under five feet five. That said..... you should weigh around 150 to 160, at the least...... but don't rush it, don't starve yourself. Set a plan. As soon as you lose ten pounds you are going to feel soooo much better and then look better , too. Set smaller goals because in order to look as good as you want ... it's going to take some walking..... some dance videos...... some reviewing of what you are eating...... daily. Do it. You look like you are a happy person with friends, support, and a positive attitude. The health benefits of being in your proper weight range is worth its weight in gold. You will feel like a million bucks. Best wishes.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not think you look that weight!
    Good luck on your journey :) Some of the comments seem a little critical, esp if you are just starting out!

You seem lucky in that you dont look your weight now- imagine how much smaller you will look sooner before you even get there! You seem to hold weight well on your figure.

Again, good luck! :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You look very much the same as my daughter in law who is 240 lbs so I'd say yes, you look that heavy.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You look like you weight over 200. I know because I am.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    yep.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 250 I thought I was at least 180. I did not imagine me as big as I was, but to be perfectly honest, you do look your weight.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Yes but I know you've got it in you to look whatever weight you want to be. Good luck honey!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You look like you are at an unhealthy weight.

Since that's true, the number doesn't really matter, does it?

This.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would have guessed around 250ish.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I know what I looked like when I weighed 195. But that doesn't really matter. What matters is getting to a healthy weight in a healthy manner. Good luck.