Holidays and Sugar

Options
usmcmp
usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
I've decided to get a start on my New Year Resolution before the holidays. I've gained some weight and am unmotivated, so I really want to lose 20 pounds by Thanksgiving. This year I'm giving up sugar to help me lose weight before the holidays. I keep seeing on here how evil it is and how it makes us fat. From now on when I cook I will substitute sugar with high fructose corn syrup.

Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks? Good luck.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Sounds like.. Starvation. No thanks, I'll have my pizza and ice cream.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    In!!! sounds like a great challenge. don't let these other nay sayers say nays to you. they are just unmotivated and lack your motivation.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's a lot of weight in a little time...but good luck.
  • usmcmp
    Options

If you can't be supportive you don't need to make rude comments.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm so fat from all that Halloween candy. It should be illegal to sell, it is poison for our bodies. I am tired of being so fat, count me in for the challenge!

Although, if it's okay with you..I'm going to make my goal 30lbs. I have so much to loose!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    In...but I'll see your 20 and raise you 10....
  • ThePlight
    Options

I wasn't being rude. I was being honest. I don't want to starve and I do want my ice cream and pizza. Thank you very much.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Groundbreaking idea. Refined sugars are poison. Corn syrup comes from corn. It's a vegetable, so it has to be better. Right?!

IN!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'll snort stevia with you.
  • usmcmp
    Options

I wasn't being rude. I was being honest. I don't want to starve and I do want my ice cream and pizza. Thank you very much.

You aren't being supportive. You're bragging about eating junk in a thread about eliminating it. That's a bit rude don't you think?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm so fat from all that Halloween candy. It should be illegal to sell, it is poison for our bodies. I am tired of being so fat, count me in for the challenge!

Although, if it's okay with you..I'm going to make my goal 30lbs. I have so much to loose!
    You might want to incorporate a cleanse to help you get that extra 10lbs. Check out Dr. Oz. He's got great stuff. :flowerforyou:
  • ThePlight
    Options

You aren't being supportive. You're bragging about eating junk in a thread about eliminating it. That's a bit rude don't you think?
    No, not at all. I put it within my calories daily and work it off. I'm not going to ever completely give up sugar. It is simply who I am. Has absolutely nothing with being rude.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

i can eat 4 cups of ice cream every day and fit it in my calories
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Groundbreaking idea. Refined sugars are poison. Corn syrup comes from corn. It's a vegetable, so it has to be better. Right?!

IN!

Thank you! I'm so glad someone else gets it!
  • usmcmp
    Options

You might want to incorporate a cleanse to help you get that extra 10lbs. Check out Dr. Oz. He's got great stuff. :flowerforyou:

You both have great ideas and motivation! Thank you!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

DONT LISTEN TO THA HATERZ! THERE JUST MAD JELLIOUS!
    IM WITCHYU ON THIS JURNEY GURL. LETS LOOSE THIS WAIT BY THANXGIVING!
  • usmcmp
    Options

DONT LISTEN TO THA HATERZ! THERE JUST MAD JELLIOUS!
    IM WITCHYU ON THIS JURNEY GURL. LETS LOOSE THIS WAIT BY THANXGIVING!

Thank you! It's so nice to see supportive people on this site!