Holidays and Sugar

Options

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Sounds like.. Starvation. No thanks, I'll have my pizza and ice cream.

If you can't be supportive you don't need to make rude comments.
    I wasn't being rude. I was being honest. I don't want to starve and I do want my ice cream and pizza. Thank you very much.

You aren't being supportive. You're bragging about eating junk in a thread about eliminating it. That's a bit rude don't you think?

DONT LISTEN TO THA HATERZ! THERE JUST MAD JELLIOUS!
    IM WITCHYU ON THIS JURNEY GURL. LETS LOOSE THIS WAIT BY THANXGIVING!
    You're such an amazing support guy. I'm so lucky to have you as part of my cheer team. Support no matter what because we're all here for the same reason. :heart:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Sounds like.. Starvation. No thanks, I'll have my pizza and ice cream.

If you can't be supportive you don't need to make rude comments.
    I wasn't being rude. I was being honest. I don't want to starve and I do want my ice cream and pizza. Thank you very much.

You aren't being supportive. You're bragging about eating junk in a thread about eliminating it. That's a bit rude don't you think?

DONT LISTEN TO THA HATERZ! THERE JUST MAD JELLIOUS!
    IM WITCHYU ON THIS JURNEY GURL. LETS LOOSE THIS WAIT BY THANXGIVING!
    You're such an amazing support guy. I'm so lucky to have you as part of my cheer team. Support no matter what because we're all here for the same reason. :heart:

GURL, WE ON THIS JOURNEY 2GETHER!
    IM HEAR 4 U JUX LIKE I KNOW U HEAR 4 ME.
    CANT WAIT 2 C HOW GREAT WE ALL LOOK ON THANXGIVING AND ALL THE DOUTERS GON' RECONIZE!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm here with you! I hear cutting out sugar makes weight just fall off, so you can for sure make your goal. Just gotta stay away from all that processed nonsense. Whole foods all the way!

I'm going for whole chickens as the centerpiece of my diet.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm here with you! I hear cutting out sugar makes weight just fall off, so you can for sure make your goal. Just gotta stay away from all that processed nonsense. Whole foods all the way!

That's a great idea! I think that the internal parts of a chicken like the heart and kidneys would be great for the body to cleanse toxins.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

DATS AWESOME! I HAD NO IDEA WHAT HOLE FOOD MEANT!
    THANX FOR THE TIP!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

THANX FOR THE TIP!

No problem friend. Lots of people don't get it! Just yesterday I was having some pizza and my husband was all

"Are you trying to eat the entire thing? Aren't you on a diet?"

And I was like "Don't worry honey, I'm on a whole foods diet, so I have to eat the whole pizza!"

And he seemed really skeptical but he just doesn't get it, you know? So I've been stalled for a month, it's just me gaining muscle! I'll be losing in no time. Maybe I should just get a divorce, he's not very supportive.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

THANX FOR THE TIP!

No problem friend. Lots of people don't get it! Just yesterday I was having some pizza and my husband was all

And I was like "Don't worry honey, I'm on a whole foods diet, so I have to eat the whole pizza!"

And he seemed really skeptical but he just doesn't get it, you know? So I've been stalled for a month, it's just me gaining muscle! I'll be losing in no time. Maybe I should just get a divorce, he's not very supportive.

You have to watch out when you're eating whole foodz you put on a ton of muscle really fast...
  • usmcmp
    Options

THANX FOR THE TIP!

Yeah, just break up!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I"M IN TOO SUPORT U IN UR GURNEY! SUGAR IZ EVIL - ITS FULL OF TOXINZ
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I"M IN TOO SUPORT U IN UR GURNEY! SUGAR IZ EVIL - ITS FULL OF TOXINZ

Thank you!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    COOL-BEANS.gif
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in trying to lose THAT much wait before one of the biggest binging holidays of the year. lol I personally am fitting my macros as I normally do and will allow myself to eat myself into a coma on thanksgiving then hit the gym a few days later bc I HATE all the people that flood into the gym the day after Thanksgiving....never to return again.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    No but I'm looking to lose the weight forever, not in an unhealthy manner that would likely have me gaining it back as soon as I went back to my old, unmodified way of eating. I'm not a fan of yo yo dieting (been there, done that) but we're all here for different reasons... right?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Are you starting a group? If so I am so in!

But i'm confused...What are the benefits of HFCS over sugar? I thought your body treated both as toxins?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

THANX FOR THE TIP!

It's definitely all muscle that you've gained while simultaneously losing fat, hence the 'stall'.
  • Sugarfiend29
    Options
    I am definitely not striving to lose 20 pounds by thanksgiving but you can do your own Internet research and make your own decision on if this is a reasonable and healthy goal.

I am with you on cutting out sugar. I am trying to not eat any refined sugar until thanksgiving too.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Yes, let's do internet research together! I'm so excited to get this thing figured out!

http://www.doctoroz.com/book/sugar-detox-lose-weight-feel-great-and-look-years-younger
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/break-your-sugar-addiction
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/coconut-palm-sugar-best-new-sugar-alternative

^This guy knows everything about everything. I love him.
  • usmcmp
    Options

If he's a doctor he must know everything. I will blindly follow Dr. Oz and all his suggestions!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Are you starting a group? If so I am so in!

But i'm confused...What are the benefits of HFCS over sugar? I thought your body treated both as toxins?

High Fructose Corn Syrup is made from corn, so it's technically a vegetable and your body knows the difference between the toxic sugar and the High Fructose Corn Syrup. It's natural.