Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    2iljzop.jpg
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself but I think the difference lies in the fact that as a man I would not feel threatened by your actions, whereas a woman might feel like she was at risk of being physically harmed if a man did those things to her. Having said that I would not give you my pubes and I'd probably laugh in either circumstance.

Just my .02 worth.

smart guy

were there any little crab like critters crawling on that napkin?
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    The difference is in most* cases (not all but most) a guy can do a lot more damage to a girl than a girl can do to a guy. Guy's are just bigger and stronger, that's just biology. Don't get me wrong, women should not hit men any more than men should hit women but the consequences are different. Most men would also agree with me that men just shouldn't hit women. I was just using it as an example of how men and women are different and are held to different standards.

So by that logic it should be okay for me to hit a guy twice my size because he shouldn't retaliate, because he can do more damage to me than I to him.
    I'll try that next time I'm in a bar fight. But I doubt it will work.

No one should pick a fight they're not willing to engage in.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

It's wrong... you really shouldn't DO THAT...

*sticks *kitten* out* ...

no really don't DO IT...

:blushing:

this is what they do all the time. I was dancing at a club this guys comes over to me says "it's my birthday" and sticks his azz out of course the first instinct is to slap dat azz
  • AlyssasDiet
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that in all off my replies I said that women should NOT hit men. Obviously you like to argue but this isn't our post, I think we should stop filling it up with our debate. I won't respond again.
  • FatHuMan1
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that in all off my replies I said that women should NOT hit men. Obviously you like to argue but this isn't our post, I think we should stop filling it up with our debate. I won't respond again.

Just curious how you would defend the double standard, which is at the crux of the OP. And this isn't arguing, it's a discussion.
    Cheers :drinker:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    There are double standards because men and women are different. They can only be held to identical standards in fantasy land.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself but I think the difference lies in the fact that as a man I would not feel threatened by your actions, whereas a woman might feel like she was at risk of being physically harmed if a man did those things to her. Having said that I would not give you my pubes and I'd probably laugh in either circumstance.

Just my .02 worth.

^ This.
    I agree. Men don't normally feel threatened by women. I've had some guys act too strong towards me, & basically try to take advantage of the fact that I even talked to them, or seemed flirty.. And it can make me uncomfortable, depending on who the guy was or how well I knew them. I've had some really weird dudes hit on me, or follow me around, & yeah, it worries me. I don't think any guy would feel threatened by me.. although I've had some tell me I'm intimidating haha.
  • FatHuMan1
    Options
    There are double standards because men and women are different. They can only be held to identical standards in fantasy island.

Fixed it for you

tattoo_zps8ef4b2b6.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    There are double standards because men and women are different. They can only be held to identical standards in fantasy land.
    le plane.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You can do this and get away with it because you are mildly attractive. If some gutter pig tried the same things you did, the results would assuredly be different.

Wow.

I just did some quick calculations and have determined...with 94% probability...that...

tumblr_mghc4yYxaK1ry10fwo1_400.gif
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that in all off my replies I said that women SHOULD hit men.

Y u so violent?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    You can do this and get away with it because you are mildly attractive. If some gutter pig tried the same things you did, the results would assuredly be different.

A_080f69_1488184.gif
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    No they shouldn't, no one should hit anyone. But there IS a difference between a guy slapping a girl across the face and a girl slapping a guy across the face.

No there isn't. I put up with a lot during my marriage because I was "a man" and we're expected to just "manup and grrow some balls" when we are target of domestic violence.
    It's wrong. gender doesn't make it right.
    Now, the sort of playful interaction the OP is talking about is different, however either man would have been perfectly within their rights to file a complaint.
    Personally i would have told her she could have the pubes if she was willing to harvest them herself, or maybe that I had just shaved and had none to offer.
    As for the smack on the *kitten*, I would have taken it in stride and in the playful manner she seems to have intended.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    In. For the pigs. And the kitties.

1exhcl.jpg
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

1exhcl.jpg
    OMGGG <3333
    ETA: I could watch this for hours XD
  • QuietBloom
    Options

1exhcl.jpg
    OMGGG <3333
    ETA: I could watch this for hours XD

IKR? He'd be cute even if he WAS in a gutter!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am reading "mildly attractive" as "wildly attractive" fyi
    You took that very well. I was angry when I read it and it wasn't even about me!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options

1exhcl.jpg

Cuteness overload. Thread will self destruct in 10 - 9 - ...
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I am reading "mildly attractive" as "wildly attractive" fyi
    You took that very well. I was angry when I read it and it wasn't even about me!

Meh I am pretty secure with my physical appearance. I have only ever had one person tell me I looked "abnormal" so that is pretty good right?