Anyone wanna join the Christmas Challenge?

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• kapustakid
    Options
    I'd be happy to lose 5-10 before Christmas. I have a check in on December 12, so we'll all know if I'm doing things right then!
  • Ale8a
    Ale8a Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm In! add me if you want :smile:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Anyone else enjoy this Dr Bernstein sales pitch? The picture, 'implies' that you could go from the 'before' to the 'after' before Xmas.... obviously, not possible, but, hey, that's marketing.

Hero_YearEndBonus_Anmtd-vf.gif?1383656118
  • MSClark11
    MSClark11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on their goal? Me...I've lost 5 lbs. I guess it could be possible to lose 10 more by Christmas, but I need to REALLY start taking the gym seriously! :smile:
  • jessicamatar14
    jessicamatar14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am IN, need to loose 20 LB by Christmas time!!
  • shjoll
    Options
    IM IN BUT I WANT TO LOSE 25 POUNDS BY NEW YEARS EVE
  • visabsoluta
    Options
    I am in too. Want to lose 6 kg/13lbs by new years eve
  • greenhudler
    Options
    I'm in for 5lbs! I may be able to lose more, but just wanting to lose at least 5!
  • sexygrandma5
    sexygrandma5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I was just saying this morning I'd like to lose at least 15 lbs by christmas. Then I logged on and seen this post !! :) Perfect timing ...
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Most of these goals are unrealistic ..... the most realistic goal I see here recently is 5 pounds by Christmas. Those who are shooting for 15-20 pounds from 11/23rd, etc are....in for epic fail, most likely. That's about 1/2 pound daily weight loss and really unrealistic unless you use crash methods and then the weight will just come back on as soon as you stop. Statistically it has been proven that weight loss of much more than a pound a week is not sustainable. If you set your goals unrealistically, you will fail and most people who fail stop trying and then gain weight and thus the yo-yo cycle. This is my humble opinion, of course, and from my own years of experience.
  • satoori
    Options
    Kinda late on this train but this is my first time ever posting I'm normally just a ghost reader... I'm in! I'm so bad at logging in what I eat etc so it hasn't been updated at all (and i probably wont start now haha) I've been saying for half the year 'I WILL reach my goal weight by so and so' and each time i lose weight but then fall off the wagon JUST short of my goal, but now it's nearly Xmas and I refuse to get to 2014 and not have reached it.

Hoping to lose 10ibs by Xmas, I started eating healthily from the 1st and as of this Morning I'm 132ibs. My lowest has been 126ibs so I'm excited to break that.

This forum will be so useful in keeping my motivation!!
  • guytr
    guytr Posts: 26
    Options
    I wanna do a Christmas challenge!
  • anitalowe399
    anitalowe399 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi there i need help otherwise i will be way too fat ......ive set myself a short 11 day healthy eating goal...to be carried on into the new year....ive failed many times but need to get a grip ...otherwise my body will be in trouble .... please add me so we can do this together ...thanks
  • AFGyrl
    AFGyrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think I can lose 5 lbs by Chirstmas.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Most of these goals are unrealistic ..... the most realistic goal I see here recently is 5 pounds by Christmas. Those who are shooting for 15-20 pounds from 11/23rd, etc are....in for epic fail, most likely. That's about 1/2 pound daily weight loss and really unrealistic unless you use crash methods and then the weight will just come back on as soon as you stop. Statistically it has been proven that weight loss of much more than a pound a week is not sustainable. If you set your goals unrealistically, you will fail and most people who fail stop trying and then gain weight and thus the yo-yo cycle. This is my humble opinion, of course, and from my own years of experience.

QFT Except the 5 lbs by Xmas part. That is unrealistic. Merry Xmas everyone.

Grinch1.jpg
  • GardenOfSongs
    GardenOfSongs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm simply avoiding putting any weight on over the festive period! Currently about 2/3 of the way through the 30 Day Shred so I'm gonna try to keep it up over Christmas, but I'm working for most of it anyway/on my feet in a busy department store so I figure weight maintenance is as good a goal as any for me :P