I did it! I cruised, I ate, and I survived!

Options
13»

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    So I just have to say...

2 months until I am sailing out of Puerto Rico on my way to the beautiful Virgin Islands and Barbados... CHEERS! :bigsmile:
  • Starsighter78
    Starsighter78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I officially have 7 weeks until we're outta the cold and into the warm - We leave the last week of January for our eastern Caribbean cruise. I am using it as motivation to get/keep myself on track. I'd like be down another 15 pounds before I leave - and I'm determined. I have been stressing a little in the back of my mind about eating on vacation, because frankly, on a cruise it's hard not to eat like it's your job. But I think going into it with the right mindset (enjoy myself, but not kill the diet) will help me make it through. Plus I plan on getting my 10k steps in every day, even if it means getting up a little early and circling the deck! :)
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I officially have 7 weeks until we're outta the cold and into the warm - We leave the last week of January for our eastern Caribbean cruise. I am using it as motivation to get/keep myself on track. I'd like be down another 15 pounds before I leave - and I'm determined. I have been stressing a little in the back of my mind about eating on vacation, because frankly, on a cruise it's hard not to eat like it's your job. But I think going into it with the right mindset (enjoy myself, but not kill the diet) will help me make it through. Plus I plan on getting my 10k steps in every day, even if it means getting up a little early and circling the deck! :)

If you use a fitbit, take the results with a grain of salt. The motion of the boat affects your step count. One day we had some high seas and FitBit said I walked 122 flights of stairs. I walked 4.
  • lessonsinliving
    Options
    Very awesome!

My boyfriend and I went on a week-long cruise to Florida/the Bahamas at the beginning of September and I was so nervous about weight gain. I did want to enjoy myself though, so I ate/drank basically whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and tried not to beat myself up over it. Ended up only gaining 1lb!! In my opinion, you just have to try and enjoy yourself on a vacation. Chances are, unless you're eating constantly all day and all night, you'll be fine :)
  • That is awesome! Hope you had a great time and Happy Holidays!