5'3" Ladies- Results please!

Options
OK! Today I am beginning my fitness/health journey for ME. In the past, I tried to lose weight for others but it never came off and I always ended up deflated (except not really, cause I was still chubby). I am 5’3” 148 and my goal is 125. Please show me your results to help get this candy lover some motivation. Note to self: must throw out the trick or treating candy. Thanks ladies!!!

Replies

• Yodifer
    Options
    In for results too. I'm 5'2 151, goal is 120. I started at 186 =O
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I am ashamed to say that I started off in April at 227lbs. However, I am proud to say that I am now down to 197lbs and I'm still going. I've accomplished this by bootcamp 3-4x per week and eating PPW meals (protein, produce, and water). My (first) goal is 175lbs. When I get there, I'll re-evaluate what my next goal should be.
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". I started at 135 and I've lost 10 pounds so far. My goal is to lose another 7 and then reevaluate and decide if I want to lose another 3 on top of that.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 - started off somewhere in the 190s and down to 140 now... I've been watching calories (I "zigzag" through the week- some days are lower cal, some are higher but they roughly average out to 1200/day). I also work out- mostly cardio though I saw my best results when I was doing both cardio and strength, though that was basically 30 Day Shred and some bootcamps around me.
    I'm planning on starting heavy lifting soon- very excited for that but keep procrastinating on it!!
  • AuraLynne
    AuraLynne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I started way too close to hovering around 200. (199 and some change) I've been trying to keep at it for a few months now and have slowly brought my weight down to 188. I have yet to throw in some good exercise, having the issue of hoping off the diet when I had vacation time. Started for this month to walk, lets hope to see results! My current goal is 150.
  • HEATHERACU73
    HEATHERACU73 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and just turned 40. I weighed myself two weeks ago and found I was 158 pounds! I lost my s**t so I decided to start losing weight. I've made sure that I first did my food diary every day, even if I binged and I made sure I worked out 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I just weighed myself today and I'm down to 153.8. I'm so proud of myself. I'm focusing on getting to 130 pounds. Then I can wear my sexy underwear and look good in it=D
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I''m 5'3", 72 years old and female. I started MFP a long, long time ago and have had success as I went along the way. I started out at 188 lbs., now down to 154, but it has taken me a long time to get there. I'm good a checking in every day when I'm not on vacation and try to keep my calorie count to 1200+ a day. I do get in some exercise, although not daily, by dancing around by myself in my living room to the country music channel on TV. I find this is fun for me as I don't really like structured exercises. You do anything that works for you. I do binge once in a while but get back to the wagon asap so I don't get too far off track. I would love to lose down to 150 but I'm happy where I am and so is my hubby and that is all that counts for me. :smooched: :drinker:
  • nerge
    nerge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4" but can I join tooo?! Arrived in Australia for a year - left home at 143 and now I'm 147 don't want it going up (although been trying and failing to get it to move down) GW is 126!! but I'll be happy once it starts moving!! Trying to do Cardio everyday and have to get back in to strength which is what I did before coming here!
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 20 years old. I have an 11 month old, and my pre-pregnancy weight was 165, though when I was pregnant I got up to 195. I got back down to 165 through breastfeeding and some basic exercise by about 4 months postpartum and decided to kick it up a notch in the exercise department to try to get into the healthy BMI range. I started MFP when I hopped on a scale around the time when my daughter was 8 months old and saw that I was back to 165 despite the crazy amount of exercise I had been doing.

So that was almost 3 months ago and since then I've lost 22 pounds. I'm now down to 143 as of today.

My first goal weight is 140 so that I am back in the healthy weight range, but my ultimate goal is 125-128.

Right now, I'm so close to that golden healthy BMI that I can taste it!
  • Mikele17
    Mikele17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    how did you accomplish the 22 lb victory:noway:
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2 (yes it counts, lol)! 39yoa....the first pic was at 138 in Dec 2011 and last pic on competition day at 112 in Sept 2013. I hope to be in the 120-125 range on off season.

pizapcom13810189542721_zps862d07c0.jpg
  • Yodifer
    Options
    In for results too. I'm 5'2 151, goal is 120. I started at 186 =O

UPDATE DOWN TO 149 WOOHOO
  • Angila
    Angila Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I started my weight loss back on May 31st at 154 now I'm 122. The big thing for me was no sugar then next was nothing processed now I lose 1 to 2 pounds a week and that's with out working out! The first two months was hard because I LOVE candy but now I can look at a bag of M&M ( my fave) and not think about eating them. Good luck and you can do this!!
  • stardust92
    stardust92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump for inspiration
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly in your situation. Started around 147 in early August and I'm down to 129 as of this week. I want to lose about 15 more pounds. I am 5'2" and a half. :-) I have had to keep my calories down to 1200 strictly. I have started to wear a fitbit to track my steps and calories. I have found that now that I'm working out on a consistent basis (I try to walk 10,000 steps a day/6 days a week and am doing a Jillian Michaels dvd 5x a week), it's helping. I know there is a lot of controversy about eating back workout calories, so I won't go there. Just see what works best for you.

It's a long slow process for me. But I'm still with it. In the 3 months I've gone from a 10-12 pants to 6-8. I can't say I'm a full 6 yet though because I still have half of my 6's that still don't fit. I'm hoping to be back in 2-4 one day.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    5'3" Started at 270 currently at 205. So close to onederland!!
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    <---- My progress so far. I'm on my phone so can't share the actual pics.
    33yr old
    5'3.5
    SW 175.5
    CW 148
    GW 135
  • Shawver83
    Shawver83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", I guess that's close enough. I started out in August at 200, I'm now at 186. I'd like to get down to the 130-135 range and then take it from there.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 I think...who knows, I could be 5'3 lol. I've been here nearly a year. Started out with dancing, moved to Jillian Michaels workouts and now I'm doing my own circuit/strength stuff. Theres a couple of pics in my profile that show how far I've come although my journey is far from over. You can do it too!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for inspiration as I've been lacking motivation lately and need to start pushing myself again.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I''m 5'3", 72 years old and female. I started MFP a long, long time ago and have had success as I went along the way. I started out at 188 lbs., now down to 154, but it has taken me a long time to get there. I'm good a checking in every day when I'm not on vacation and try to keep my calorie count to 1200+ a day. I do get in some exercise, although not daily, by dancing around by myself in my living room to the country music channel on TV. I find this is fun for me as I don't really like structured exercises. You do anything that works for you. I do binge once in a while but get back to the wagon asap so I don't get too far off track. I would love to lose down to 150 but I'm happy where I am and so is my hubby and that is all that counts for me. :smooched: :drinker:

You rock! I'm 58 yrs old, 5' 3", and started my journey at about 184 (two years ago or so). I now hover around 160-163.......would like to lose another 20 lbs, but am not feeling anxiety about it. I'm very healthy, eat well, have changed MANY of my bad habits, like to walk and hike........that's enough. I love that you dance around your living room........that's so cool :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Keep movin', everyone!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!