5'3" Ladies- Results please!

Options

Replies

• anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 41. I soared up to 151 after surgery and steroids yada yada and cried when I stepped on the scale. I'm aiming for 119, but will be happy with 126 - anything past that is a bonus. So two weeks in and I'm 4.3lbs of the way there through MFP calorie counting and exercise - it really is just that simple that calories in must be less than calories out to lose weight!
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    That's incredible! (to the bodybuilder poster)

Thanks!
  • Chordata25
    Chordata25 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'3" here! I started in January 2013 at around 165 lbs and as of this morning I am 141 lbs. It's pretty slow going but I want the weight to stay off forever and so far I haven't gained any weight back. Just slow and steady weight loss. I also don't really exercise hardcore because of knee issues but I'm trying to now incorporate body weight training in a couple days a week to help tone up. No pics yet because I want to get to 130 lbs for progress pics :)
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    5'2 and still got a long way to go i'm currently 200pounds (92kg) but hoping to get down to 52/3kgs (115pounds)
    feel free to add me!
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", started at 132 and my GW is 114. I'm currently at 120, and you should be able to look through all my profile photos on MFP for a reference :)

Good luck on your journey!
  • yogamoods
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I am about 2.5 lbs away from my 115 lb goal. Do NOT give up. You CAN do this.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I just found out I am 5"3 always thought I was 5"41/2 lol
    well that what I was when I finished secondary school oh yeah that was in 1986, so gravity has played its part over the last 27 years.

SW August 2013 216.5lbs
    CW November 2013 187 lbs
    Mini goal December 2013 180lbs
    Target July 2014 150lbs

For the last 3 months i have being doing gentle exercise = Auqa aerobics 3 times, pilates once per week, a bit of gym work and the odd kettlebells class.

Time now to ramp it up, this Thursday I will get my strength training plan, I have been so amazed by the results from the ladies who do heavy lifting.
    My goal may not be as low as some of you guys, i just want to feel happy in my skin where ever that number lands I'll be happy.

This will be a long slow process for me as I have Hasimoto thyroiditis, which means that it is very difficult for me to loose weight, I get fatigued, and have very slow muscle recovery.

Meds seem to have things under control at the minute, so before the dreaded Menopause really knocks me off my butt, it's time to take action now, build a habit that i can take with me in to a long happy old age I hope.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I always thought I was 5'3" but recently was measured at 5'2 1/2". I guess I shrunk. Lol. I just joined this last week. Last May I was weighing 222 lbs. but I lost 18 in four weeks doing the Daniel Fast. After that I just maintained it till last week. I am in a Weigh Down War at the hospital that I work at and so I weigh in and get measured every Monday. My goal weight is 145. I weighed that 10 years ago and I think that was a healthy weight for me. However, if I make it, I will re evaluate. Right now I'm working out about an hour a day and doing a healthy diet. I've lost 3 lbs so far and get weighed later this morning. I'm excited to become healthier. I am a senior in college and I have a goal to meet before graduation in the spring. I'm also excited for all the support here. I have been so ashamed about my weight in the past and it is really hard to talk about but I am glad for all you people who share your stories! God bless!
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    b22bdd40-80a6-4311-bc58-3d9ddab8978d_zpsffef89f2.jpg
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    I started MFP about 5 1/2 months ago and so far I have lost 54lbs. I still have a long way to go but here are my stats:

Height: 5'4"
    SW: 245
    CW: 191
    GW: 145
  • Bibianna2012
    Bibianna2012 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration Ladies!! you are all doing great!!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    These stories are so inspiring. I love MFP. This site has turned my life around.

I'm age 59 and have lost 42 pounds since April 2013. I've probably lost another 10 pounds because I started exercising in mid-February, but didn't weigh myself for those 6 weeks (I started walking to work and errands because I was disgusted with myself).

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 178
    CW: 136
    GW: 130 (maybe, will reassess when I get there)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 21 years old. I started in March of this year at 191, I've been hovering around 163 for the past 3 months since my son passed away. Trying to get back into losing weight versus maintaining.

i'm so sorry you lost your son. I had a hard time taking care of myself when I lost my husband. My best wishes to you.
  • erandi101
    Options
    Sw:145
    Cw: 121
    Gwen: 115

Just an update: I'm still about the same weight (121) but I joined a women's bootcamp 6 weeks ago and have started toning up. I am no longer obsessing with the scale. Circuit training is intense and exhausting but my clothes feel loose and I feel stronger. I also sleep better and no longer need energy drinks throughout the day.

I have an insane amount of energy throughout the day (after my 5:30am workout sessions). I no longer have cravings for sweet stuff. I've successfully weaned myself off Atkins bars/candy and diet juices and sodas. I drink primarily water and green tea on weekdays....and vodka, wine or gin on weekends. I eat well mon-fri usually and weekends I indulge when I go out with friends. I have noticed that my portion sizes have decreased which is probably due to the lean cuisine meals. Even at restaurants, I tend to stop eating when I'm full.

I don't focus on cardio like I used to. The results are slow. We do a little cardio at bootcamp but it's only about a mile a day. Even though I'm going to bootcamp about 3 or 4 days every other week, I've still managed to lose weight and keep it off
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I started basically June of 2011 at 185/190 lbs somewhere in there. I'm 5'3" so not good and not realizing it either until I was getting ready for work. Now I look back at pics and see the difference but I am down to 123.8 in 18 months. I used another app/website before coming here and wanted to get rid of a few more lbs and tone up.
  • _sam125
    _sam125 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    im 5'3"! started at 153, currently 139.6, goal ~125
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    January 2012 - 172lb
    March 2013 - 118lb
    Current weight - 131lb

I'm 43 years old and I'm 5'3".....I started lifting weights and the weight crept back on.....not happy.....trying to shift the pounds back to 120lb.....

by the way....to the bodybuilder poster.....OMG!!!.....that is amazing.....I would love to look even half that good.....how the heck did you do it??....
  • LisaMS83
    LisaMS83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'2 here, I still have about 20-25 pounds to go until I reach my goal weight, not the best before pictures, but I think you get still see the progress

before 165-169
    before.jpg
    before1.jpg

Today 139
    photo.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    [/quote]
  • cktb4him
    cktb4him Posts: 56
    Options
    Only 5 months late for this post! I have a huge sweet tooth and getting rid of most of it except really dark chocolate keeps me sane. I tried to get rid of all of it and it makes me hangry! I eat a really small piece when I can't resist a candy or junk food craving and it really satiates me enough to keep going.

Started when I was postpartum at 155 two years ago and keep coming back when I gain a little back.
    Start weight 155
    Current weight 125
    Goal Weight 115-117.
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" 38ys old

Starting weight June 2013 : 260lb
    Current weight 4th March 2014: 190lb

70lb down in 9 months :)

I'm eating at approx 1200 cal NETT.. No Dairy, No Yeast, Limited Gluten, No Added Sugar, Limited Processed foods
    and including Bacon and Whole Eggs for breakfast 3 times a week.

Due to a medical condition I'm doing limited to no exercise....

I'm hoping i'll reach 175lb by June 2014

I'm just going to keep eating at approx 1200 cal nett.. with limited exercise until my body plateau's, then review..

<--- Pics in my profile
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!