Looking for 90-100% clean eaters

Options
124»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

There's no reason to be a d!ck about it though. And I do believe when people talk about the chemicals in food they mean added chemicals and crap that doesn't naturally occur in food. When did you ever plant a Red Dye #5 tree?

So you don't prescribe to clean eating. Big deal. Some people do.

I suppose that I (and some like me) come across the way we do because of our frustration with the abundance of misused terms and the fervor with which they are used. For example, organic, chemical, and processed are three that immediately jump to mind. They are just so wrongly used so often that it grates on folks like me sometimes, I suppose. Sorry to have let my frustration show.

ETA: Clean eating is another term that is a prime example of a source of frustration for so many, mostly because there is no real, good, solid definition of what clean eating really is.

I think this describes my feeling on it exactly. I could get "nutrient dense" but "processed", "clean" and "without chemicals" just sound rather ridiculous to me. Truly there is no such thing as an unprocessed food or a chemical free food. Proponents always say something like "well we all know what it means" or as stated above, "it means added chemicals". Well in some case added chemicals can be fine and in some not. And no I don't really know what it means to eat "clean". Ask 100 people, get 100 definitions or no real definition at all.

FTR, It's not as though I don't have a fairly clear understanding of food and nutrition. I am a professional chef and work with food all the time with in depth study of nutrition. There is nutrient dense food and food that is not so nutrient dense. Almost all food is processed in some form or another. Heck, cooking is nothing but processing food, from the cutting and prepping to the cooking to the right temperature. There are foods with lots of additives and food without additives. Some are good some are not. It is way oversimplified to call foods clean or unclean, processed or not processed and I have no idea what to say about the whose "chemical" thing.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Doesn't exist.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP: I haven't read the replies you've gotten, but no doubt much of the thread has devolved into mocking comments about washing, and showering and eating mud or other nonsense.

You've likely gotten demands to define clean, and then silly comments about how everything is processed...

At least that's the way these threads usually go lol.

Regardless, there are a couple of clean eating groups, some paleo groups and also a perimeter shopping group (among others) where you may find folks who share your dietary and nutritional goals.

Best of luck!
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    ETA: Clean eating is another term that is a prime example of a source of frustration for so many, mostly because there is no real, good, solid definition of what clean eating really is.

OP was not asking for a definition... or asking what anyone thought about it... OP was asking for likeminded people for support.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options

OP was not asking for a definition... or asking what anyone thought about it... OP was asking for likeminded people for support.

Exactly. Yet people who have nothing constructive to add feel the need to drag these threads down, thus deserving teh title of a D-bag and getting the ignore button.

And while i agree that the definition can vary from person to person, who cares? If you don't believe in the principle, why are you concerned with an excat definition? The general intent is eating foods consisting of fruit, veggies, meats, eggs, nuts and other whole foods as close to their natural state as one prefers. If someone else creates thier own "outlier" definition that gets twisted beyond this, who cares? How is that justification to make foolish comments to a group of people wanting to eat a certain way?
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Exactly. Yet people who have nothing constructive to add feel the need to drag these threads down, thus deserving teh title of a D-bag and getting the ignore button.

And while i agree that the definition can vary from person to person, who cares? If you don't believe in the principle, why are you concerned with an excat definition? The general intent is eating foods consisting of fruit, veggies, meats, eggs, nuts and other whole foods as close to their natural state as one prefers. If someone else creates thier own "outlier" definition that gets twisted beyond this, who cares? How is that justification to make foolish comments to a group of people wanting to eat a certain way?

Well, the funny thing is that, if there were a real "clean" diet, I might consider it as it would probably do me a lot of good. It is hard enough to stick to a well-defined set of parameters sometimes. When things are all over the map, I don't know where to go. Oh, and the forums are OPEN, so posting herein and not expecting pushback on something that always, always gets pushback is naive, at least. Perhaps even "foolish."
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Dude, you made your point many posts ago, just let it go already.
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    Doesn't exist.

Speak for yourself sister.

t_89367-04.jpg

After 5 seconds its in the trash. BAM! 100% clean eating
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Dude, you made your point many posts ago, just let it go already.

You're right, not worth the effort. I'm out.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well, the funny thing is that, if there were a real "clean" diet, I might consider it as it would probably do me a lot of good. It is hard enough to stick to a well-defined set of parameters sometimes. When things are all over the map, I don't know where to go. Oh, and the forums are OPEN, so posting herein and not expecting pushback on something that always, always gets pushback is naive, at least. Perhaps even "foolish."

Whatever... bla bla bla...
  • abickford82
    Options
    I also eat 1500-2000 calories per day. I like to think I'm 90% clean, although these days, that probably isn't true (home with my family for the holidays, so I'm not cooking all of my meals, like I usually do). Still, I eat a primarily veggie-based diet. Feel free to add me!

How do you get your protein intake? I've pondered doing mostly vegetarian based (as much as possible -- would probably lean more pescetarian if I tried hard enough) in the past. I do whey protein but I know many of them use animal products, and I'll never be 100% clean. Thanks!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    define 'clean'?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i do i do!!

just kidding, i love pizza.
  • abickford82
    Options
    define 'clean'?

Fruits, veggies, oatmeal, oat bran, lean meats/fish, etc.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    define 'clean'?

But oats are grains. They would not be clean to the paleo crowd.
  • abickford82
    Options
    define 'clean'?

But oats are grains. They would not be clean to the paleo crowd.

Clean eating and paleo is different. As I stated earlier, I follow Tosca Reno's clean eating version. Started following it in 2011 when her eating plan was included (oats were on it). I just believe in eating food closest to their natural state. No arguement there, very simple. Nothing complex or difficult about it.