Embarrassing fat stories!

Options
Hey guys! So this thread is about embarrassing fat stories! Let's motivate each other to lose weight and be healthy by discussing embarrassing events that have happened because of our weight and have a little laugh at ourselves as well :P

Alright I'll go first.

Okay so I have this phobia of small spaces, I was always afraid of the tubes in Chuck E Cheese as a kid.
So I'm at a vacation resort with my parents, maybe age 18 230 pounds, and we go to the water park section. I get on one of the long twisty closed tube water slides... and guess what...

I GOT STUCK

I got to the middle of the slide and I guess the water pressure wasn't that high and my body got stuck :(. Oh my gosh I was terrified, I legit have had nightmares of this exact situation happening before. Luckily the slide wasn't that long and I was sorta near the bottom and I had to scoot myself down through it inch by inch telling myself not to have a panic attack.

I've never been on a water slide since :( Even if I lose weight I think I'm traumatized enough to never go on one. I was so embarrassed I never even told anyone.

LOL what are your stories?

Replies

• karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a nightmare regardless of your size! But it's certainly a good motivation to lose weight.

My story isn't necessarily that embarrassing, but it embarrassed me enough to kick start my weightloss with MFP.

I went to stay with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while about 3 months ago. I knew I had put on weight, about 20lbs at least, but I didn't realise how unfit I had actually become until we went out to do some touristy sight-seeing. I couldn't believe how out of breath I was and tired just walking up/down stairs or trying to keep up with my friend. They didn't say anything about it but I could tell they had noticed. My friend also took a few photos of me and when they sent them to me after I got back from the trip I couldn't believe how many chins I had!

That was a wake up call for me and since that trip I have lost 13lbs. I guess the embarrassment shocked me out of my weight-gain denial. I still want to lose about 50lbs but that god-awful photo spurs me on to lose more weight and return to one, or possibly two chins!
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Was mistaken for being pregnant and the person rubbed my belly, afterwards. Fortunately, it was someone I knew and liked. Sad day that was...
  • cannibaldoll
    cannibaldoll Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I habitually had plumber's crack while I was overweight, all throughout middle school and high school- even with wearing a belt, it wasn't till I lost 20 lbs that my pants started sitting higher.

Quite a few people have seen my butt crack...
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I habitually had plumber's crack while I was overweight, all throughout middle school and high school- even with wearing a belt, it wasn't till I lost 20 lbs that my pants started sitting higher.

Quite a few people have seen my butt crack...
    Awww man me too! Especially when I was in denial of what size pants I wore lol.
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH! I think my story tops ALL of your stories! LOL

I went to an amusement park with my friends and we go to get on the first rollercoaster of the day. I was SOOO excited bc I LOVE rollercoasters, however, I didn't even think about all the weight that I had gained or how it would effect me actually FITTING INTO a rollercoaster!! SOOOOOOo FAST FORWARD to the moment of horror when I had 3 workers trying to SHOVE The safety bar down over my HUGE BOOBS...I kept telling them to STOP and that I didn't want to go but they were like OBSESSED! I could feel my face burning red and just trying to NOT look at the people who were staring or turning around to see what the hold up was. It was the most horrifying moment of my entire life and I will never forget it. Finally I just pushed them away and got the hell outta there making sure to just look at the floor. I could hear people talking and laughing...I really thought I was going to throw up from embarrassment.

Anyway...all I can say is that I survived that and all of those negative experiences have made me a more compassionate person towards ANY AND EVERYbody that is seen as "different".
  • crust2000
    crust2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Was mistaken for being pregnant and the person rubbed my belly, afterwards. Fortunately, it was someone I knew and liked. Sad day that was...

Don't feel bad. More than one person asked me if I was pregnant this past summer. No bueno....

Toward the end of my last deployment, we had a Dress Blues inspection to ensure everyone was ready for the Homecoming. I hadn't worn mine in close to a year with a 20lb weight gain. So here I am getting ready, when a button pops off my blazer and shoots across the berthing right before the inspection. I'm running/screaming, "My button!!! Someone help me find my button!!!". One of the girls from my shop was crying because she was laughing so hard.

We found it, sewed it back on, then I had to explain to my Chief why we were late for inspection. She was off the hook, but I had to wear mine again the next day as punishment for being late, smh.
  • emeraldvssilver
    emeraldvssilver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had 3 workers trying to SHOVE The safety bar down over my HUGE BOOBS...I kept telling them to STOP and that I didn't want to go but they were like OBSESSED!

I feel your pain!!! I went on a rollercoaster. At first I couldn't get the belt around e me and one of the workers had to help me. But THEN as it was climbing and was nearing the top ... THE BELT POPPED OPEN!! I managed to get it back together before the first fall but it was a very close call. I didn't let go of the bar the entire time because I thought it would pop open again! Thank goodness it wasn't one that went upside down.
  • crust2000
    crust2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    trying to SHOVE The safety bar down over my HUGE BOOBS...

I hate when this happens. Luckily, I can smush mine together so the bar will go down and click.

Some days I wish I could just put them on a shelf, so they'll be out of the way :o)
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JSaltsea
    JSaltsea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Had to leave a restaurant because all they had were booths. Very sad.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, the largest part of me was my butt.
    I knocked things down regularly with my butt when squeezing through tight spaces. It's like my butt had a mind of its own.
    Very embarrassing in stores and at restaurants. It even knocked little children down:-(
    Now, I really delight in comfortably walking anywhere no matter how small the space or aisle.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest (or somewhere near) I was also mistaken for pregnant. However I think my most embarrassing was being maid of honor in my best friends wedding and having to wear completely different dress than all the other brides maids because that one didn't come in my size. Everyone was nice and said things like "It's very common for the maid of honor to wear a different dress" but I still stood there knowing that my dress was different because I was too big. :(
  • emeraldvssilver
    emeraldvssilver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    being maid of honor in my best friends wedding and having to wear completely different dress than all the other brides maids because that one didn't come in my size.

this is awful I'm so sorry :(

I was maid of honour for my sister but she let me pick the design because not everything looks good on a bigger person and the other 4 were skinny so they could pull off anything. Once we had the design she refused to buy the dresses from anywhere that didn't have my size.

it really meant a lot that she was willing to do that for me
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest (or somewhere near) I was also mistaken for pregnant. However I think my most embarrassing was being maid of honor in my best friends wedding and having to wear completely different dress than all the other brides maids because that one didn't come in my size. Everyone was nice and said things like "It's very common for the maid of honor to wear a different dress" but I still stood there knowing that my dress was different because I was too big. :(
    Aww man.

Well you look amazingly fit now! You should be so proud of how far you've come.

I want to get like you, you look so strong! You're my inspiration :)
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options

Don't feel bad. More than one person asked me if I was pregnant this past summer. No bueno....

Toward the end of my last deployment, we had a Dress Blues inspection to ensure everyone was ready for the Homecoming. I hadn't worn mine in close to a year with a 20lb weight gain. So here I am getting ready, when a button pops off my blazer and shoots across the berthing right before the inspection. I'm running/screaming, "My button!!! Someone help me find my button!!!". One of the girls from my shop was crying because she was laughing so hard.

We found it, sewed it back on, then I had to explain to my Chief why we were late for inspection. She was off the hook, but I had to wear mine again the next day as punishment for being late, smh.

OMG, I forgot about the Dress Uniform inspections! I've always liked the Blues better because I could "conceal" my fat better than the Whites, even though the pants were cutting off my circulation. I was so happy when we finally got cammies....
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    OMG yes, I was a size 28 maid of honor for my sister's wedding and her bridesmaid was a size 0... we actually wore the same dress but it looked quite a bit different on me, to be sure.

One of these days I'm gonna put that dress back on (now I'm a size 16-18) and see how huge it is on me now. :P
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    Not necessarily due to my weight but I was at a water park and went down a water slide. At the end of this slide, there was this funnel-like structure that my wife and I call the toilet bowl. One time I went down, somehow I got turned around and dropped out of it head first. Unfortunately, my trunks did not fall as fast as I did and the lifeguard got to see more than she cared to see.
  • quit_quittingdan
    Options
    I brought my suit to my sister's wedding not even bothering to check if it fit because "of course it fits, it's the same one I've always had" (yeah right). Well what do you know, the pants were too tight to even bridge the gap with my belt and I had to buy a pair of similarly colored dress pants off the rack on the way. I'm a shorter guy (5'5") so instead of my usual 30" and below inseam, the shortest pair they had that would fit my waist was about four inches too long and I was sliding all around the floor standing on my pant legs. Guess it looked like I had dance moves though so... There's fat. Oops, there's that.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    @ emeraldvssilv Your sister rocks! That is super nice, sweet and thoughtful. :)<3

@ chel325 Thank you so much. You just made my day. :)
  • tiddlebit11
    Options
    bump