Can't. Stop. Watching.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    When...

1331230848_guy_pukes_while_lifting_weights.gif

then and only then have you arrived....LOL

Can't. Stop. Watching.

Meh. That's colourful but most meets I've been to a bit of pee has to be cleaned of the platform. High stress and pressure have their toll :smile:
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When...

AHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    When...

crappy form will do that to you.
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like to think when you start getting that lil bit of swagger, you are a lifter. For me, it was the first time I pushed through a set and involuntarily let out a "wooo" and popped up with adrenaline. That is subjective, though. Generally, I agree, if you lift, you are a lifter. You may be a novice lifter, but a lifter none-the-less.

Are you serious? Being excited at your own lifts is one thing, but getting "Swagger" in the gym is usually for the ones who go through the motions and like to act tough and make others feel inadequate. I get so tired of those people in the gym, hooting and making noise like they are something special and acting like they are "above" others, giving you attitude looks. These are the guys that make the OP feel bad and question whether he's a lifter and belongs in the gym, dont be "that guy".

Those guys are however fun to go lift next to and give a dose of their own medicine when they get too loud: I like to watch their machismo disappear as you sit down calmly and smoothly lift more than the weight they (while grunting and groaning and hooting and puffing up after) were previously doing. Then, you tell them you are feeling a bit down today and increase the weight again for the next set...they usually shut up and clear out. ;)

I feel like we took this a little bigger than what it was. I'm not talking howling across the gym, throwing your bar down, or shadowboxing. Talking about a personal "wooo" or a small grunt, and, yes, sometimes you do pop up after you tough out that last one.

I agree, though, I don't want some sounding like they are giving birth or playing a women's Wimbledon match lifting next to me.