How often do you jump on the Scale?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't own a bathroom scale, I go weigh in at Boots Pharmacy once a month (or thereabouts it breaks ... a lot...:grumble: ) works for me :smile:
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Every morning and occasionally before bed.

Saturday is my official day. I don't get excited about gains or losses until Saturday. I can tell I'm losing weight by other factors. I've gone down about two sizes, my face is thinner, and my clothes hang differently. The scale at this point is just a number. :D Still, it's just habit at this point to weigh every day.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every morning before I shower. I kept thinking to myself that I'd stop and only get on once a week, but it's just nice to see how the week is progressing. I only record a loss, and only 1 pound at a time, and only after I've seen the loss for 3-5 days in a row. It's not scientific at all, but then again I also don't weigh my food or measure my heart rate for accurate readings, I just live in a world of guesses and I'll keep doing it until it no longer works.
  • JaneAlflat
    JaneAlflat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    every time I use the bathroom, twice! I don't even know why I do it, it's like an addiction..
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    I can only weigh myself once a week-- I get certain amounts of anxiety from stepping on the scale and normal weight fluctuations really depress me so I do it every Sunday.
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I weigh once per week on Thursday nights before dinner. I have body fat scales so I want the exact same conditions each weigh in. I figure once per week is enough and builds up a little bit of excitement to see the numbers (weight, hydration level, body fat %). After that, I do my measurements and put them all in a spreadsheet. I update my weight then in MyFitnessPal on sometimes my measurements. I only update if 1/2" change
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I know the ideal is once a week.

Here in the real world... not to be gross, but pretty much I step on it every time I poop before I eat breakfast. (So, like 3-4 times a week.) I figure that way I'm getting the lowest weight possible, and I can't make excuses about being heavier because of stuff in my digestive system. I only track it if it's changed by more than a couple ounces.
  • mundaetraversa
    Options
    I don't keep a scale at home to avoid the exact situation you describe. I know it'll taunt me from the bathroom and I'll obsess. I use the scale at my gym about once a week, but I don't weigh on any particular schedule. When I feel like I may have dropped a little weight, I see if I'm right. Only being able to weigh in at the gym also means....I have to get my *kitten* in the gym! LOL