Girls: Bra size after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    42G to 36DD currently (after 87 lbs. lost). I would guess when I hit my goal, I'll be a 34DDD or 34DD still.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    but still pretty unwilling based on how much my mother hates them. Won't needs them for a while anyway - 26 year-old, no history of breast cancer.

Certainly not advocating a mammogram for these purposes, but they are nothing. Super easy. Mildly uncomfortable, but that should be it.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I started at 214 and a 38G, borderline 40.
    After losing 47lbs, I'm now a 36DD, and if my underbust keep shrinking like it is I'll soon be a 34DDD.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I went from 38 DD at 213 to a small 36 DD at 146.I have big bones and not much fat in my upper back anymore so I don't think I'm going to lose much more, I might lose a cup though but 36 D are definitely too small.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Little to Littler
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I actually went up in sizes as I lost weight--it's about the different in boob to bust----I went from being a 40C to currently a 34DD after losing 95 pounds initially--gaining some back with lifting for a total of 69 pounds lost.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    My last properly fitted bra was a 44HH. Before that I was wearing a DDD or E cup, but the band was so loose it might as well have not existed. I've gone from the 44HH (UK) to a 40GG(UK). So far my band and cup size is going down fairly evenly. I wouldn't mind losing a bit more cup size though so I can actually buy a bra not imported in an actual normal store. US sizing puts me around an I cup.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Every person is different. Myself at my heaviest 5'4" weight 301 lbs, size 44DDD. Now 229 lbs, 40 C :sad:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am 38DD at 212 lb right now! So this is a perfect thread for me.

Actually last week I bought a couple of 38D bras "just to see" and the cups runneth over BADLY haha. I'm ok with that though. In recent years (weight from 280-220) I was in a 40DD and at my heaviest (307) I wore 42DD. So apparently despite over 90 lb weight loss my DD cup size is the same.

I wore those 40DD forever because at first they were on the loosest (outer) hook, kinda pinching on my back and side, and by the time I switched to 38DD the old bras were on the tightest hook and getting pretty saggy.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I was 38DD at 160lbs, and am 30DD now at 124lbs. Definitely smaller, but still the same difference between chest and bust size (so same cup designation).
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    IMHO everyone is different and in my line of work, (lingerie retailer) I have seen a lot of range. However, for me personally im 5'6, lost 110lbs so far, and went from a 44DD to a 34C (barely more like a small C)
  • AlyssasDiet
    Options
    Thank you for all the helpful replies! My best guess from what you've all said is that my cup size won't go down much. Big breasts do run in my family, and I was a D cup by the age of 12 (without being too much overweight). I've lost about 25 lbs so far and I was originally a 40D but when I went down to a 38 band I had to bring the cup size up to a DD.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    36D/DD at 165 to 34DD at 142. Not a whole lot of change, really.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It depends on the comp of your ladies. You could go down in band size but up in cup size if they're more tissue based. If they're mainly fat based you could see losses. Of course, they could wait until the very last minute to disappear at all. I'm desperately hoping for any kind of decrease in cup size at all. There's enough fat left there for them to go down, but I've only gone down in band size (34DD to 32E)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much my cup size will shrink once I've lost the weight. I know it's a silly question but I'm really curious about it and I'm hoping some of you ca tell me your experience. I'm currently a 38DD and I weigh 211lbs(at 5'5"). My goal weight for now is 160lbs. What can I expect?

You can expect a lot of loss in the girls if you genetically have smaller breasts or very little loss if you have a naturally large amount of breast tissue.

I went down a band size but up a cup size. My sister in law lost nearly everything. It's all in the genetics.
  • nut_meggles
    Options
    I went from a 36D to a 34B... Gained back a few so now I'm at a 34C
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't changed too much either. Starting weight was 268, boobs were 48DD, current weight 172, boobs are 42DD. I had hoped (still hope) for a bigger loss.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I lost about 66 lbs and had to buy three new rounds of bras. I think the bottom line is: start saving your pennies! LOL It gets expensive.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    All you ladies need to check out the reddit "A Bra That Fits" and measure yourselves! Many of you are probably wearing the wrong size bra. A properly fitted bra can change a gal's life ;)
    I'm 5'8" and at 223 and breastfeeding I was wearing a 38DD (but not properly fitted, so who knows what size I really was). My bust shrunk quite a lot and now at 149 lbs and still breastfeeding I'm wearing a (properly fitted) 32F. The "F" makes them sound super busty, but they're actually very average sized.
  • rosemary98
    Options
    I lost about 66 lbs and had to buy three new rounds of bras. I think the bottom line is: start saving your pennies! LOL It gets expensive.

this was definitely true when I was pregnant....my breasts were huge!