Girls: Bra size after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I was a 32D when I was skinny before, then a 38D when I was fat. But when I lost weight, I went down to a 34C. Sad times.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. My band size went way down, but my cup size actually went up. (40B to a 34C). I lost a lot more fat around my ribcage than my actual breasts. And since a C cup on a 34 band is smaller than a C cup on a 40 band, it meant that I actually gained a cup size.

It all depends on how/where you lose weight.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I literally have nothing to lose. I buy A-cup bras because AA bras are not that easy to find in most places. I've gained a little in the boob as I've gained a bit of weight, but I still don't fill out an A-cup. Zero concerns for me in that department when I lose this weight again...
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I was told by a bra fitter that as the number size goes down the cup size goes up. Cup size depends on the number of inches different between measuring right below the breast and the measuring around the breast. with you're bra on to keep the girls up in position.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Starting bra size: 38 DD
    Ending bra size: 34 B

I was considering a breast reduction prior to the weight loss, so yay me!!! That saved me about $8k...
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Went from 36D to 32A. I'm back to what I was before having kids 40 years ago.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    As others have said it depends on genetics and body comp. after a breast reduction in 2001 I was a 36d then I gained weight and had 3 kids. In June I was a 42 Dd/DDD depending on style. Now with a 35 lb loss I'm a 38dd/DDD. Hoping to go down to a 36D again since I believe everything that came with weight gain should be fat tissue. I would be even happier if I went down to a c cup.
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Still going down but I started at a 40I at 240 lbs and now at a 34GG at 177. Hope it will continue to go down a few more cup sizes with the last 30 lbs and if not I will be looking at a reduction.

I think it depends on how much of your breast tissue is density vs fat and also if you had a larger cup size at a lower weight.
  • nattatalie
    Options
    Of course everyone is different but I went from 225 pounds at a 40DDD to a 34-36D at 147 pounds now, so quite a decrease for me. They also hang lower than they did before, and there's a lot of extra skin. I lost the weight in less than a year so I'm sure that has something to do with it too, I'm hoping it'll get better but I'm not expecting that. BUT I'd rather be skinnier and wear a more supportive bra than be back at the weight I was. ;)
  • sloane70
    sloane70 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Similar height & size as you during my last weight loss took me down to a 36C at 140 lbs, and a 36D at 160. But keep in mind you may have excess skin, and if so, a fuller coverage bra is better than a demi or balconette
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    38C to 34B here - i didnt have as much to lose but basically expect a cup or two
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was a 38D (ish) at my heaviest, which was somewhere around 220. By 170 my band size was down to 34 but my bust size hadn't changed as much so I was a 34DDD/F (by measurement - I never actually bought a bra this size because I didn't have the money to pay for one). Now at 158 my bust measurement seems to be the only one changing and I'm at a 34D.

Also, my boobs are very sad-looking now. :-(
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    At 196 I was a 38D. I'm now 149 and a 36D. Not a lot of change for me.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    SW-138 lbs, bra-36 C

CW-111 lbs, bra 32 A

IBTC!! But I'd rather be cut and fit with little mosquito bites than be the big fattie I was and have big tits. Plus I'm really small, so small boobs look ok on me, I'm still girly. Just my opinion, so it works out.

edited for typos
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started my journey at 252 lbs and wearing a 42 F bra, I am now 175 and wearing a 38 DD.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I went from 38 DD at 213 to a small 36 DD at 146.I have big bones and not much fat in my upper back anymore so I don't think I'm going to lose much more, I might lose a cup though but 36 D are definitely too small.

"Definitely too small" :noway: Wow I wish! I went from a full 38C (almost a D) to a 32... I'm hoping I'm still a B (doubtful prob an A, I haven't gotten new properly fitting bras yet) :sad: Every girl is different. Sorry no way to give you a good answer. I'm NOT happy about my small girls (major shock, still adjusting!) But I would not trade how strong and healthy I feel to have them back!! No way!!! Good luck!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near done, but I just did my measurements and got a pleasant surprise!. Started out at a 48C in September, and as of this morning I measure a 46DD! Makes me hopeful for the future, especially since my underbust is 45 inches so far, so on my way to a 44! :smile:
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Started at 30E. I have no bras that fit right now, but my measurements suggest I would fit in a 28F.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 14 lbs, but...here's my input. My band size has gone down from a 40 to a 38. My cup size is in between D and C now...sort of an overfull C. Hopefully, the girls don't shrink too much more. LOL...

Also...in for the responses! :flowerforyou:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Started at 30E. I have no bras that fit right now, but my measurements suggest I would fit in a 28F.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/

According to that guide, I'm a 30FF. Do they even make bras in that size? My 34Ds seem to fit fine, and when I try on 32 bands, they're rather snug, even though my actual "snug measurement" is 30 inches. Am I missing something? :huh: