That smell....

Options
Over the last couple of months I've been bombarded with what smells like a Bath and Body Works explosion. My cube neighbor (share a wall so I never see her) has been spraying an assortment of body sprays. Day in and day out I sneeze and gag... I finally found out why she is doing this.

I hear her frantically digging in her purse, then it hits me.... That smell... OH DEAR LORD BABY JESUS!

I've been smelling rose, jasmine and chocolate toots this whole time! I'm thinking Secret Santa is buying her some Gas-X this year.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has co-workers like this?

Replies

• FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Oooh ooh that smell......
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Oh wow.. You poor thing. You need a hug...
    Have you told anyone at work about it? D:
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    Oh wow.. You poor thing. You need a hug...
    Have you told anyone at work about it? D:

I didn't have to say anything. My supervisor was in my cubical one day when she was spraying away... He's trying to get our whole department moved. Of course it's not fast enough.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    luckily for my my "office" is a pick up truck so it's just me , myself and I. So any smells are usually produced by Moi! Thiugh some mornings if I leave my work boots in the truck over night after earing them, especially in the summer, I get greeted by an aroma.
    :blushing:
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Oooh ooh that smell......

Ooh, that smell
    Can't you smell that smell?
    Ooh, that smell
    The smell of death surrounds you

I work in a hospital that crap could effect our patients. Not allowed. I like the smell in small doses. But I know what you are saying you can go crazy with the sneezing and coughing. ugh! I feel for you hun!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    People in my office like to clip their nails regularly...although there was a guy who would ride his bike at lunch without showering afterwards (we have a gym/locker room on site).....he would take an axe bath instead.....mmmm, AXE and and onion, what a great smell!
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    In the 1980's, a medical journal known as Ameerican Family Practitioner published a research article on the Physiology of Flatulence. The authors were naval doctors in the submarine corps. This wind-breaking study quantified the mean volume of flatus of a normal person, a person eating 70% of their calories as beans, and the "excessively flatulent patient". It contained graphs of "floaters" vs "sinkers" and the densely informative "flatul-o-gram".

The conclusion was that a daily capsule of activated charcoal (conveniently available in most pharmacies) eliminated any bowel eructations (gut burps) and their consequences.

You are welcome.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have a male co-worker right beside me that does that, but he constantly sprays himself with this awful cheap cologne. I feel like I am getting napalmed.
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Here it's only when the guys come back from jobs that we have to put up with "that smell"... BUT there is some seriously bad breath people out there as well. D= AND all that body spray or seriously old lady perfume kills me as well. Keep it light people! =]
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I would've moved the f^ck out of that area by now. There's NO way I would put up with such an clueless and ignorant person. There are public bathrooms for a reason. And if it's that much of a problem then she should get her smelly a$s to a doctor.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    People in my office like to clip their nails regularly...although there was a guy who would ride his bike at lunch without showering afterwards (we have a gym/locker room on site).....he would take an axe bath instead.....mmmm, AXE and and onion, what a great smell!

I sit next to a nail clipper too! Why can't people do that at home?

AXE and onion, I'm sorry. You might have me beat on that one.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    well, there are worse smells,, farts, poops, garlic,,,, time to get them back..
    bring your own smell and spread it.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    well, there are worse smells,, farts, poops, garlic,,,, time to get them back..
    bring your own smell and spread it.

........it is farts.

Edit: and/or poop.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

I sit next to a nail clipper too! Why can't people do that at home?

AXE and onion, I'm sorry. You might have me beat on that one.

The clipping is awful!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I work in a small office with very little ventilation. When someone "uses" the bathroom, the whole office stinks!!! I mean open a friggin' window!!! I am the one spraying the bath and body spray just to keep myself from throwing up!

I do think you need to make her a cute little stocking with Gas-x and Beano lol. Maybe add some bottles of scents that you like lol. Good luck!!
  • MJC22712
    MJC22712 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a male coworker that wears way too much cologne, it actually smells like an old womans perfume, but I haven't asked if it is. It's so bad that when he walks through the room I'm in, the smell will be very strong there for 15 minutes or so. It's like walking through a cloud of stench that you can almost feel as you pass through it...
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I would've moved the f^ck out of that area by now. There's NO way I would put up with such an clueless and ignorant person. There are public bathrooms for a reason. And if it's that much of a problem then she should get her smelly a$s to a doctor.

If I could pick my stuff up I would. Unfortunately I'm located by the bathrooms and stinky coworker. And don't get me started on the bathrooms. It's very sad that signs are posted to remind females to flush the toilet. COME ON! I work with some nasty b!tches...

Oh and I almost forgot about the ghost ****ter. Someone left a present on the floor in the sink area that's located in a different room than the toilets. I feel like I need to wear a hazmat suit most days.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I have a male coworker that wears way too much cologne, it actually smells like an old womans perfume, but I haven't asked if it is. It's so bad that when he walks through the room I'm in, the smell will be very strong there for 15 minutes or so. It's like walking through a cloud of stench that you can almost feel as you pass through it...

Maybe he likes the old ladies... bahaha..
  • shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Go in early and place a box of these on her desk:

http://www.amazon.com/Flat-D-Flatulence-Deodorizer-Disposable-Underpads/dp/B004YLFU1A/

Maybe she'll get the hint
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I wont sit at my desk and fart. hell no, everyone would know. I get up and cropdust the office.