FAST FOOD addiction!!! HELP!!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

The OP is a troll for asking for help in saying no to fast food?? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Carry on.

Thanks! But I didn't really need your permission.
  • blukttn66
    blukttn66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    #2 A good friend of mine who has a PhD in nutrition once asked me this question. "If they can sell you a burger for $1 and still be making a profit where do you think that meat came from?" Good point right?

Ugh.. well just this post makes me think otherwise about it and I rarely eat fast food.. GOOD POINT!!!
  • Crymoarfatty
    Options
    I have two things for you ... read MSGTruth.org and Jon Gabriel's book, The Gabriel Method.

Seriously. It's not your fault. You are addicted to chemicals they put in the food for the sheer purpose of making you addicted. Yes, it's your choice and yes, it's your responsibility to do what you're doing (seeking help, EXCELLENT MOVE) ... but NO, it's not your fault.

In order to break the addiction, you have to get it out of your system. Then you won't crave it anymore. Many of us were addicted like you are and are no longer. Promise!

YOU'VE GOT THIS! :drinker:

Hell yes! Finally someone that has a clue as to what they are talking about. At least you dont spout the same generic lines everyone has always heard. At least you EDUCATED yourself on WHY someone eats 10 of something and not just 1. Its been PROVEN the government puts things in our food to not only make us more addicted but to cause cancer to keep us in the medical industry. The money is in the medicine not the cure. Self control doesn't really work when you have been addicted to sweets since 2 years old. Its a nice "idea" but not reality. It has been scientifically PROVEN they put things in our foods to make us addicted and want more.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Or, if you still decide to get fast food try to make a healthier choice, log it, and make it fit.

I eat fast food all the time. You can make it work for you by making better choices if you just can't give up the convenience or the camaraderie of going out with your friends/coworkers. You'll see a bunch of responses about how fast food is bad for you, and it's definitely not as good as whole fresh foods, but it CAN work.

This might work for some, but be careful...if you're nursing an obsession/addiction w/salt and fat I wouldn't play with it. For people who have food obsessions/addictions - there is no "just eat a little and log it".

The best advice here (which is the hardest to swallow, no pun intended) - is DECIDE and DO. You are not powerless. Make the choice to love yourself. When you feel like getting fast food - don't. When you feel like driving there, don't. When you feel like eating it again, don't. When you think about it, don't. If you feel like cheating and just having a little, don't. Are you getting the picture? ;)

RUN from it as far as your legs can carry you. It does NOT control you. YOU control your life and your destiny.
    In reading your recent posts, every self control or dietary problem seems to look like an addiction/ obsession problem to you. I'd suggest you get therapy.

Op looks like a troll post to me.

Wow, some people on here are incredibly strange/rude on these boards! SMH I've been here just one day and have already seen several folks like yourself attack people (suggesting therapy? That's a classic internet thread bash if I ever heard it) and frankly it's rather disgusting. Why are you so bitter? Why so snarky? What's underneath this? I'm not so sure *I'm* the one that needs the therapy here, to be honest!

If you actually read (or better yet comprehended) my "recent posts" you'll note that I'm very careful to say SOME PEOPLE have eating addictions and obsessions and here's what to do if you feel you might have one. I am one of those people, thus I am interested in helping those with similar problems - IF they have it. Thus why I used words above like, and I quote, "SOME" and "IF". Please point out to me where I say ALL people have it EVERY time - it's easy - simply cut and paste proof of those words here and I'll address it, thanks.

So yeah...can ya take the bitter snarkiness down a notch or two? Sheesh, dude.

Pot, Kettle . . . .Kettle, Pot.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I have two things for you ... read MSGTruth.org and Jon Gabriel's book, The Gabriel Method.

Seriously. It's not your fault. You are addicted to chemicals they put in the food for the sheer purpose of making you addicted. Yes, it's your choice and yes, it's your responsibility to do what you're doing (seeking help, EXCELLENT MOVE) ... but NO, it's not your fault.

In order to break the addiction, you have to get it out of your system. Then you won't crave it anymore. Many of us were addicted like you are and are no longer. Promise!

Hell yes! Finally someone that has a clue as to what they are talking about. At least you dont spout the same generic lines everyone has always heard. At least you EDUCATED yourself on WHY someone eats 10 of something and not just 1. Its been PROVEN the government puts things in our food to not only make us more addicted but to cause cancer to keep us in the medical industry. The money is in the medicine not the cure. Self control doesn't really work when you have been addicted to sweets since 2 years old. Its a nice "idea" but not reality. It has been scientifically PROVEN they put things in our foods to make us addicted and want more.

Ahhhh yes .. the Colonel with his wee beady eyes ...
  • Crymoarfatty
    Options
    People say "fast food made me fat" and the response is "no eating over your calories made you fat"...

If we have an obesity epidemic, if most of us got fat/obese from our terrible eating habits why the **** WOULD we go back to eating that same food that held us in addiction and obesity for years? Fast food is a quick fix, its easy. Its easy late at night to go get some tacos or a frosty. If you have struggled with food addiction this convenience isn't a good thing. Being like "well sorry you have no self control" is a cop out to the persons REAL problem. At least I got to 200 pounds with no self control what is your excuse?
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. I have just stopped here in the last month or so. I tried not to focus on it so much and I stuck with it. Now I dont even crave it much anymore!!! It can be done!! Just dont give up and keep trying!!!
  • Crymoarfatty
    Options
    I was in the same boat. I have just stopped here in the last month or so. I tried not to focus on it so much and I stuck with it. Now I dont even crave it much anymore!!! It can be done!! Just dont give up and keep trying!!!

Its very, VERY easy to over eat fast food. When I use to go to taco bell I would get 2-3 things, I didn't realize each one of those things was 400 calories. You go to carles junior order a western bacon, some fries and a drink you are easily at 1k calories. The density and portion size of the food per calories doesn't cut it for me. Just the little breakfast sandwiches at mcdonalds are 300-500 calories. Why would I want to eat 2 little nothing tacos for 700 calories when I am going to be hungry again in 3 hours? I could make five times that much food at home for the same amount of calories....Fast food is easy. People are lazy.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Its very, VERY easy to over eat fast food. When I use to go to taco bell I would get 2-3 things, I didn't realize each one of those things was 400 calories. You go to carles junior order a western bacon, some fries and a drink you are easily at 1k calories. The density and portion size of the food per calories doesn't cut it for me. Just the little breakfast sandwiches at mcdonalds are 300-500 calories. Why would I want to eat 2 little nothing tacos for 700 calories when I am going to be hungry again in 3 hours? I could make five times that much food at home for the same amount of calories....Fast food is easy. People are lazy.

You can get chicken soft tacos at Taco bell for around 170 calories a piece. Four of them would be 680 calories, a decent meal. Egg Mcmuffin is 300 calories and the Egg White Delight is 250. McDonalds also has a bacon ranch salad that is under 300 calories and has 30g of protein. A single grilled chicken patty from them is 90 calories amd 20g of protein. Carls Jr has a BBQ chicken sandwich for 390 calories.

You were saying?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    People say "fast food made me fat" and the response is "no eating over your calories made you fat"...

If we have an obesity epidemic, if most of us got fat/obese from our terrible eating habits why the **** WOULD we go back to eating that same food that held us in addiction and obesity for years? Fast food is a quick fix, its easy. Its easy late at night to go get some tacos or a frosty. If you have struggled with food addiction this convenience isn't a good thing. Being like "well sorry you have no self control" is a cop out to the persons REAL problem. At least I got to 200 pounds with no self control what is your excuse?

You are so full of it that I am shocked you haven't sprung a leak.
  • Crymoarfatty
    Options

You are so full of it that I am shocked you haven't sprung a leak.

LOL you are one of those! Who has no clue what they are talking about and constantly spouts wrong information. I have watched you, you have NO clue as to what you are talking about like ever. 90% of what I say is a joke, you ACTUALLY think you know what you are talking about and its kinda sad all the misinformation you give out
  • Crymoarfatty
    Options

You can get chicken soft tacos at Taco bell for around 170 calories a piece. Four of them would be 680 calories, a decent meal. Egg Mcmuffin is 300 calories and the Egg White Delight is 250. McDonalds also has a bacon ranch salad that is under 300 calories and has 30g of protein. A single grilled chicken patty from them is 90 calories amd 20g of protein. Carls Jr has a BBQ chicken sandwich for 390 calories.

You were saying?

and that is still too many calories and a waste. A TINY little chicken taco for 170 calories? lol oh wow. To bad I am grown and not 10. I dont eat one tiny taco. Oh 4 of them for 680 that is still a waste of calories. You can still make double the amount of food at home...Mcdonalds is disgusting..You think 300 calories for 2 pieces of english muffin part of an egg and a slab of meat is worth it? hahahahahahaha

Oh you must LOVEEE nutrition worms huh? Keep sucking down that artificial meat.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Ahhhh yes .. the Colonel with his wee beady eyes ...

And that smug look on his face!

OH YOU'RE GONNA BUY MY CHICKEN, OHHH.

Anyway, OP, there's nothing wrong with fast food. I eat fast food like 10 times a week. It's awesome. The trick is just to control how many calories you eat while you're there.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    It's a choice you have to make. Best decision I made 3 years ago! Start small....give it up for a week, then a month. You will not want it after that
  • glynnspencer
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses, but here's what helped me.

I had the same problem. It was a huge habit. Fast food places were almost like the Mothership calling me home.

My trainer told me: "You're not going because you want the food. You're going because it's convenient. Never go through the drive-through. If you want that burger & fries, park the car, go in, & sit down to eat. But don't go through the drive-through."

I haven't eaten fast-food since July...
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Make your own versions of fast food. You'll find it's better/healthier and more worth the calories. I frankly don't even get fast food anymore now, even when I get some for my kids.

With all due respect; if you know that what you make is better, healthier and more worth the calories, why do you feed fast food to your kids ? Don't they deserve to eat better and healthier ?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the confidence to do this.
    I just went to the dollar store and bought a day planner where I'll give a sticker for every day I do not eat fast food (unless it is for a date with friends and at that point I'll eat off the healthy menu). And if I make healthy choices for the whole month I will allow myself a new outfit... Within reason.

Sounds like a plan. :drinker:

ETA: You might not want to make the goal TOO hard. If you screw up one day in the month, the whole month is wasted. Why not just say that when you have accumulated 30 stickers you will get a new outfit. That way, you won't get discouraged and give up if you have an off day or two!!! Good luck!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem. If you like fast food, then eat fast food and work it into your macros and log it. I eat fast food a few times a week and lose weight every single week. No one in the world is "addicted" to salt or fast food, btw. You just like it. It's okay to like it. Just work it into your calorie goals.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Or, if you still decide to get fast food try to make a healthier choice, log it, and make it fit.

THIS! I eat fast food because of schedule crunch and convenience. I tried to stop cold turkey, then schedule went kablooey and I sunk. It was resume and loosen calorie belt awhile or quit. I opted to compromise. Then I started shrinking it down and making better choices (all the while trying to be sure it fit my calorie limits and my protein minimums) then schedule kablooey again. I don't care about perfection anymore. Mcdoubles with mac sauce are my favorite thing now. If you can't beat 'em join 'em.