Having a hard time dropping weight.

Options
13»

Replies

• mrskhill
    Options
    I have about the same weight loss goals as you. I started at 139.5 and have gone down as low as 135.5 back in mid-Sept. I'm back up to 138.5. I did get sick and quit exercising for a week and have not been able to get that low again. I've been fluctuating between 137 and 138.5. The one thing that was different when I was losing weight is I was allowing myself 1,300 calories per day. A couple weeks ago I switched my calorie intake to 1,100 per day and quit logging fruits and vegetables. I made the change to model the calculations on Weight Watchers. My husband is following that program with great success.

Anyways, I'm back to 1,300 calories. As others have stated, and I agree from experience, you may need to up your calorie intake. I was happy to see a couple people with the same weight loss goals as mine. I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you. Logging everything but fruits and vegetables. Interesting thought.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow, I find this comment very discouraging. If I needed to lose weight for health reasons versus being fit and wanting to fit into my more fitted clothes I might feel the need to weigh food. I don't want to be tied to breaking out a scale to eat. I feel like portion control can monitored by sight and though understanding and education. I guess your right. I am not as hard core serious about dropping weight.

You don't have to bust out the scale or measuring cups EVERY TIME you eat, but it would be helpful at first, you know, to actually see what 1 cup or 3 oz., etc. looks like, that wayyou know you are eyeballing things correctly ...
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have about the same weight loss goals as you. I started at 139.5 and have gone down as low as 135.5 back in mid-Sept. I'm back up to 138.5. I did get sick and quit exercising for a week and have not been able to get that low again. I've been fluctuating between 137 and 138.5. The one thing that was different when I was losing weight is I was allowing myself 1,300 calories per day. A couple weeks ago I switched my calorie intake to 1,100 per day and quit logging fruits and vegetables. I made the change to model the calculations on Weight Watchers. My husband is following that program with great success.

Anyways, I'm back to 1,300 calories. As others have stated, and I agree from experience, you may need to up your calorie intake. I was happy to see a couple people with the same weight loss goals as mine. I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you. Logging everything but fruits and vegetables. Interesting thought.

I don't recommend doing that ... I've had two clients (I'm a Personal Trainer) and know a few other people (non-clients), who've attempted WW, and they mistakenly think because a food is labeled as "free" or "0 points", that they can eat it all they want, to their hearts content ... This didn't work out very well for them ... It's worked for others I've know, but it's very easy to trick yourself into over eating with the whole "0 points" thing ...

ETA: I'm talking about the new WW system, I do like how it's different in that it has exercise calories, and flex points, but the "free" fruits and veggies, well, that's a bit much ... Though, it does encourage more fresh fruit and vegetable consumption, so I guess it's good in that respect ...
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous posts that you actually may not be eating enough, if indeed you are counting calories accurately. I started MFP with a target intake of 1200 and wasn't eating my exercise calories back. Some days my net intake was only around 900 calories. I actually gained weight. I upped my target to 1400 and try to eat my exercise calories back consistently. I started losing soon after that and have lost 25 lb.