Food to sneak in a movie theater?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I'm going to be there for 9 hours tomorrow. My plan is to have a huge lunch, then bring some snacks with me that I can eat between the movies. So far I have protein bar and beef jerky... Any idea? It needs to fit in my purse (we're not supposed to bring food)... and I'll be there from 2pm to 11pm probably.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's some film!!!
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Nuts, popcorn chips, baked potato chips, carrot sticks. gum :-) Water, Zero water, diet pop,
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I sneak stuff into theaters all the time. they never check.

Jerky and protein bars are great. what about grapes or raisins or cut up fruit in a sealed baggie? Or freeze dried fruit. I love to snack on apple juice sweetened cranberries, but they can get high on the calories. They do taste like candy though. I brought homemade pudding to the moves once.. lol. seriously and I ate it too. Twizzlers? Nuts? Yogurt covered raisins? Your own popcorn in a brown paper bag? Swedish fish (a fat free food!! LOL). Home made chips? Carrot or celery sticks! Gum!

ETA: POPPED!! LOVE THEM!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Wow!! That's some film!!!

3 of them. Thor marathon... Thor, Avengers, Thor 2.
  • Francl27
    Options

Jerky and protein bars are great. what about grapes or raisins or cut up fruit in a sealed baggie? Or freeze dried fruit. I love to snack on apple juice sweetened cranberries, but they can get high on the calories. They do taste like candy though. I brought homemade pudding to the moves once.. lol. seriously and I ate it too. Twizzlers? Nuts? Yogurt covered raisins? Your own popcorn in a brown paper bag? Swedish fish (a fat free food!! LOL). Home made chips? Carrot or celery sticks! Gum!

ETA: POPPED!! LOVE THEM!

Great ideas! I have a small purse though :( I typically don't eat at the movies but I don't think I'm going to be able to avoid it this time.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I would eat popcorn and omit the loads of butter!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fiber One chocolate cereal.....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    definitely beer....
  • runnergrlfl
    runnergrlfl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    PB&J, dry cereal
  • Francl27
    Options
    I would eat popcorn and omit the loads of butter!

It's 370 calories for a small. I could probably wing it... but I'm not that fond of popcorn! But I guess if I'm starving it will come to that, lol.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I do a ziploc of almonds + chocolate chips
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    We usually take Clif Z bars and a small bottle of water. But 9 hours whoa...maybe some nuts and dried fruit?
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Go in costume! We once went to LOTR in medieval gear - we'd been hired for the stage show before the premiere at that cinema - and managed to stuff *everything* under our cloaks. One guy had a pizza, and the orcs brought in an entire roast piglet...
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Everyone should own at least one "movie purse".
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    definitely beer....

^This
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

Jerky and protein bars are great. what about grapes or raisins or cut up fruit in a sealed baggie? Or freeze dried fruit. I love to snack on apple juice sweetened cranberries, but they can get high on the calories. They do taste like candy though. I brought homemade pudding to the moves once.. lol. seriously and I ate it too.

LOL. I love this.
    I've eaten a chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell at the movies before. I was in my early 20's and meeting friends there after I had just worked a 10 hr shift at my job. Multi-tasking ftw
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love Hapi Chili Bits. Zero fat, crunchy, tasty.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Everyone should own at least one "movie purse".

^^^^ This! I certainly do.... put all the yummy goodness as the bottom - then my glass case and wallet - but they rarely even check
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow chocolate and fiber one brownie or lemon bar. Have fun!!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I sneak in booze to add to my diet soda, and a container of chicken (thank you Davpul for the idea). I find that wrapping the container in napkins or putting it in a plastic storage bag helps to mask the smell.

Good luck! :drinker: