Food to sneak in a movie theater?

Options

Replies

• Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'd bring something sweet as well... I like Werthers Sugar Free Hard Candies, which taste like rich (not oversweet) butterscotch, take a while to melt in your mouth, and three of them is something like 25 calories.

Fiber One (Oats and Chocolate is my fave) bars would be good as well.

If you want something more "food like" that will slip easily into your bag and actually be nutritious, I'd go for a couple of Babybel lite cheese circles, and a ziptop bag with some almonds. The thick red wax rind will keep the cheese from squishing; they aren't messy, and are delicious with the nuts.

Any of these snacks are filling, and will fit in with the normal sound of crinkling wrappers in a movie theatre.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Protein bars, cheese slices, precook some chicken breast or sausage and cut it into bite size pieces in a ziplock bag, jerky
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be there for 9 hours tomorrow. My plan is to have a huge lunch, then bring some snacks with me that I can eat between the movies. So far I have protein bar and beef jerky... Any idea? It needs to fit in my purse (we're not supposed to bring food)... and I'll be there from 2pm to 11pm probably.

Quest Bars, Healthy popcorn pre popped Good Luck!

15188748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I sneak stuff into theaters all the time. they never check.

Jerky and protein bars are great. what about grapes or raisins or cut up fruit in a sealed baggie? Or freeze dried fruit. I love to snack on apple juice sweetened cranberries, but they can get high on the calories. They do taste like candy though. I brought homemade pudding to the moves once.. lol. seriously and I ate it too. Twizzlers? Nuts? Yogurt covered raisins? Your own popcorn in a brown paper bag? Swedish fish (a fat free food!! LOL). Home made chips? Carrot or celery sticks! Gum!

ETA: POPPED!! LOVE THEM!

Great ideas! I have a small purse though :( I typically don't eat at the movies but I don't think I'm going to be able to avoid it this time.

You have friends right?? Friends have purses.. problem solved.. Borrow one.. or run to goodwill.thrift shop and get a large movies purse.

honestly I don't carry a purse usually.. I just jam it all into my pockets.. LMAO

Walk in there with water bottle hanging out of my pocket and give the ticket guy the "I dare you" momma look. HA

But.. i do own a few that would sneak it quite a bit of food.
  • cartow
    cartow Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Everyone should own at least one "movie purse".
    True!!!!!
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Everyone should own at least one "movie purse".

^^^^ This! I certainly do.... put all the yummy goodness as the bottom - then my glass case and wallet - but they rarely even check

^this! I can pack a whole bunch of goodies in there. And none of the theatres around here check. It always saves a ton of money!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    PB and Ritz sandwiches with sliced up apples on the side.

Hard Candy, if you can suck and not chomp like I do.

Buy a bigger purse. =P

Um I'd pony up for a large "soda" and either do diet or dump it and fill it with water from a fountain. Usually you get free refills on the larges.

No popcorn eh? I would find a cereal that you like dry and bring some of that. I love honey nut cheerios dry.

Enjoy the marathon! I have a friend who would go gaga for that!
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like taking Twizzlers and cashews. But any type of nut would be good as well. I would also suggest a protein bar, the Quest bars keep me satisfied for a couple hours.
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Mandarin oranges because they're sweet and quiet.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Fiber One chocolate cereal.....

She's going to be stuck in a theater with other people. How rude! :wink:

ETA I would look for something with a higher protein content. Maybe some meal replacement bars. And take a bigger purse. I've snuck a burrito into the theater before.
  • mikig1
    mikig1 Posts: 13
    Options
    i used to pack a backpack when i took the kids to harry potter. stuffed with juice pouches ( frozen so they stayed cold ) some all flavor jelly belly's etc. so they could munch them as they watched. any snack you like take with. i would take enough for everyone and maybe have each of them bring a snack to share. just some ideas
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I read that you were going to be at the movies for 9 hours I immediately knew that you were going to see the Thor marathon :smile: !! I'm so excited lol.

I bring peanut butter and apples so I can get my sweet fix, all natural fig bars, cashews, and baby carrots! You could also try a healthy sandwich and cut it into 4 pieces, very kindergarten style so you can eat them discreetly :drinker: :wink: .
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Its a tradition to grab a few of those snakpaks from walmart. Apples and peanut butter, carrots and ranch, apple and caramel, those things. so good, and super tasty. 60-80 calories each
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OH! And Idk if you are going to a Harkins Theater but I totally take my loyalty cup and fill it with water!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    definitely beer....

^This

Wait.... there's beer at movie theaters??????

*need to actually look at snack bar next time*
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    definitely beer....

^This

*need to actually look at snack bar next time*

Not generally, but if I'm spending nine hours watching flicks I'm gonna have a couple beers. Actually, we do have one theater in town that has a beer and wine license...it's pretty cool.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    definitely beer....

^This

You sneak it in, silly.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fiber One chocolate cereal.....

She's going to be stuck in a theater with other people. How rude! :wink:

ETA I would look for something with a higher protein content. Maybe some meal replacement bars. And take a bigger purse. I've snuck a burrito into the theater before.

Haha. Yeah. Fiber One = bad idea.

I actually forgot about babybel cheeses. Definitely going to add that to my list. Thanks for all the ideas! And the friend requests, lol.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've snuck in vodka, japanese food, pretzels, etc.
    But that was before.
    Now that I'm trying to do better I've snuck in grapes and cheese cubes and maybe some crackers.

ETA I'd probably do pretzels still. You can have quite a few for one serving and they give you that salty craving relief :)
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    A sandwich! Seriously...lol I've done it.
    Raisins
    Cereal
    Mandarin Orange (It's small!)

Personally..I just eat whatever at the movies when I go because I only go about once every 4 months lol