You're Getting to Skinny?! Do you hear it

Options

Replies

• dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Yep - all the time. The funny thing is that I am the same size I was in 2009 before I started gaining weight. I gained almost 50 pounds in four years and now that I am back down to my 'regular' size, everyone's like - 'Hey skinny'. What I want to know is why no one ever called me skinny before?? I know.. cuz I am NOT.. at 5'7' and 178 lbs, I am not skinny. People ask me all the time when I am going to stop this 'diet thing'. I say it's a lifelong fitness thing so, um... I am not going to stop... ever.... :)
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've been told that I don't look like a girl anymore. Lol

Are these people blind??? ;)
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I've been told that I don't look like a girl anymore. Lol

Are these people blind??? ;)

My sister and brother-in-law. I come from a real dysfunctional clan. Lol

Edited for spelling
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    def been told this! and I know its not true (my body is far from skinny) . It comes mostly from people who complain about there need to lose weight (yet never try). I lift as well, and I have been told my a couple people that I'm "obsessed" and even "you need to get a job". Um, I have young kids and a part time job (self employed). I Choose to fit my work outs in because they are important to me. People just need to get a life and you need to do whats right for you and not let it bug ya ;)
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    My mom always tell me this and I always ask her to stop because it's not helping. I love my mom so much but sometimes she's just over reacting a bit haha well moms will always be moms haha
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am just now starting to hear it and I am 11-12 lbs OVER the top of the BMI range! My FIL asked me how much more I wanted to lose, and I told him 8 lbs (this is 2 or so lbs ago) and said, "you know, I'm still considered overweight." He couldn't believe it. My neighbors can't believe I want to lose more. These are people who have known me at my heaviest, so by comparison....

I think people's views on the matter are skewed- so many people are overweight and obese that "overweight" is the new "skinny".
  • Cryss5
    Options
    You look good girl!! Keep up the good work!! I hear the same thing all the time!! I started at 185 In January 2013, I am now a proud 127!! I struggle all the time with customers and friends (I work in Customer Service) Who feel they need to tell me all the time!! I come home sad most days! I wish people would understand that I am proud of what I have accomplished!! I did it on with the help of this site and Zumba!! I worked hard and stayed on track MOST of the time!! Sure, I cheated every once in a while but being fit and healthy for my family is my main goal!!
    I am proud of you for sticking it out and hanging in there!! You are awesome!!! :)
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I actually have put on weight and hear it lol I do a lot more strength training so it looks different and I eat more too so ignore it they are going to kill yo vibe lol
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I get it from people who don't work out and have no idea of what fit or healthy really is/looks like. I've never heard that from people who care about their health and fitness though. It's 2 totally different populations.

agreed
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have heard "stop lifting so much. men don't like muscular women" (makes me feel stabby)
    i suppose that's pretty similar on the annoying scale.
    Do what's right for you to make and keep you healthy.
    Nobody has the right to try and make these decisions for you
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yup.

I love you, mom, but you're so wrong.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    A lot. From friends & family. But most of them don't understand I'm toning up, & trying to make my body look better, not skinny.
    I have a friend who basically rags on me, & always jokes I'm "anorexic".. I don't find it funny at all, 'cause I eat healthy, I just don't eat as much as others probably, but I am always hitting my calorie goal, or going a little over on workout days. Some people just don't get it.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yes I hear this from family, but because I can think for myself, have done my research on the topic, and know they have no clue what they are talking about, I listen politely while doing this...

Gif-just-smile-sheldon-smile-the-big-bang-theory-Favim.com-237966.gif

It seems to help. They're not saying it as often anymore. I wonder why?
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yup I hear it when I drop down to my lower "summer time" weight. Mostly from family members that freak out that i'm not eating enough (I usually eat tons).
  • valandario
    valandario Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nah, sadly not. I've checked the maps though, there is nowhere called Skinny in this country so there is no way anyone could get to it.

On a plus side, my Husband muttered that I was losing too much weight this morning.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a husband whose wife is also on the plan, I know we can't choose where the weight lose occurs, the boobs also tend to get smaller when weight loss happens, that is the part we don't want getting smaller. Yeah, it's shovenistic, but it is in our DNA. But remember, you all married us, warts and all,
  • mselim
    mselim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing this for the past 2 months! I'm nowhere near 'too skinny', I feel like I still need to lose 5kg, and start getting fit/toned. The most annoying part 'you're not eating enough', I'm eating enough to feed a whole country, and I have many cheats, I love my chocolate, meat and food in general quite honestly. I've actually gained 2kg over the weekend because of all the force feeding. The sad part is, this is coming from people who are infect thinner than I am. I’m not really sure how to deal with this anymore.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Like one of the posters said, I hear it from people who doesn't exercise at all. Also, some people on here, usually those with more than 20lbs to lose, look at me like I have an eating disorder. LOL just because I don't have much left to lose doesn't mean I'm skinny. I just wanna get rid of the belly geez. Don't you know belly fat can give you all sorts of diseases :/
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I wish I heard this!!
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    I have gone from 172lbs at beginning of the year to now 138lbs. I keep hearing, I am getting TO Skinny. Please don't lose more weight! You need to eat! I by no means am super thin and STILL have FAT to lose. It can just be so frustrating at times. I eat A LOT and have a cpl to many cheats but work my butt off and will continue to. I know it shouldn't bother me darn it, it does though. I am not looking to be skinny, I want to be fit and STRONG.

Does anyone else get this?

I get it mostly from the people who made snide remarks about how much I needed to lose weight. I take it as envy because I lost weight and they are still judgmental witches,