MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    where's my invitation!?
  • Dancing_Laeti
    Dancing_Laeti Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Can I come instead of her?
    Sounds amazing!!!
    Also, I have no idea what 'poutine' is, but always happy to try something new! :wink:
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to take her place! You're not forcing anyone to eat or drink, just offering options that YOU chose. When she hosts a party she can do as she chooses:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    That menu sounds totally awesome (I am now really hungry!!)

It is a PARTY and the food should be and will be delicious!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    How rude of this person. The menu was approved by the hostess and that's all she needs to know. To complain to the chef about food that hasn't even been prepared yet for a party she isn't throwing is the height of arrogance.

^^ This.

Looks like a typical upscale cocktail menu to me. You don't go to cocktail parties to eat veggies and dip LOL
  • ywestover
    ywestover Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful. People need to embrace portion control.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,978 Member
    Options
    Can I come instead of her?
    Sounds amazing!!!
    Also, I have no idea what 'poutine' is, but always happy to try something new! :wink:
    Of course you can come. :smile:

Poutine is a traditional Quebec fast food. Basically it's french fries with cheese curds and gravy. My version is slicing potato into pieces the size of our 2.00 coin called a toonie and frying golden brown in duck fat with a piece of confit over which I'll add some goat cheese and a sauce made from a combination of beef and brown chicken stock fortified with a vinegar called minus 8 which is a Canadian ice wine vinegar, hence the name minus 8, which is the temperature at which the grapes are picked and processed along with some aromatic herbs. If your ever up here in Canada, especially Quebec, give it a try.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing. Don't listen to the critics. Ahi tuna tacos? Awesome. Poutine? To die for. Seriously, you let me know when and where and I'll be there.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'll take one of everything, please!
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    wow!!!.....can I come!!!
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    It looks divine.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Too much protein?!

Does. Not. Compute.

Also, I want all the foods.
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with her!!!??? That menu looks soooooo amazing! Show her all the comments from this thread so she'll know how stupid she is! Cheers to you!!!:drinker:
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You had me at poutine.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    The menu looks amazing! Though, as a vegetarian, I might not be able to eat some of it, I think I'd still enjoy the meal!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Where's my invite... all the choices sound divine!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'll take her place
  • johnnifast
    johnnifast Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That looks like an amazing menu. Don't be discouraged. Each person is different and requires certain amounts of P/C/F for each day. While one item might not be a good choice for one person, doesn't mean it wouldn't be for the next. A low carb person would say, "that is too much carbs" while another person who DO eat carbs might say it's just right.

As everyone been saying, I'll say it too.

I'll take her place! Haha.