Calories burned while under anesthesia

Options
124»

Replies

• Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but you all have it wrong. Since you can't eat or drink anything after midnight the day of the surgery, your body will go into starvation mode and you'll gain like 15 pounds.

duh. :drinker:

Wow, that explains why I wake up in the morning weighing more then I did when I went to bed!

Genius, peer genius thank you!
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    why is this important to you?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    The clenching theory is nonsense because in some surgeries, they give you muscle paralytics so that your muscles are not clenched when they cut into you. Anyhow, I would think one would worry more about the outcome of the surgery than how many calories are burned. *Shaking my head here*

star-trek-joke-gif.gif
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Love it.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have no words only laughter!!!! Keep it coming!
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I was having surgery and under anesthesia, I would be more worried about it going well and waking up after than calories burned.

Amen to this!!!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I was having surgery and under anesthesia, I would be more worried about it going well and waking up after than calories burned.

Amen to this!!!

Wouldn't you think that?! LOL!! Que locura!!! :tongue:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    If I go to the trouble of getting a colonoscopy I'd like to know I get some calories burned for it.

Well, you're bound to lose water weight from the prep!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    That explains my sore kegel muscle when getting surgery from that hot doc. I think I clenched when I went under when I saw him walk up and then it must have stayed like that the whole time. IDK why but "god complex" has always been a turn on to me rather than a turn off. Meh, i like the power.
    Would that be considered cardio or strength training?

well if it's strength then we all know the HRM is useless.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    54462302.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    kavantrn wrote: »
    I seriously want to know if I burned any calories while I got my colonoscopy today. Good grief, I want to know if I burned calories dancing or walking or anything else. If I go to the trouble of getting a colonoscopy I'd like to know I get some calories burned for it. Not such a crazy question unless you have never had to go through it.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HIJACKED MY THREAD FOR THIS TOTALLY UNRELATED OFF-TOPIC DERAILING QUESTION.