90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• eastcoaster
    Options

For those of you that burn 900 how do you do that? I try to bust my butt.

For the elliptical try to change the resistance. My choices are 1-10. I was doing resistance 5, and moved it up to a 6 yesterday.
    The more resistance you have, the more calories you will burn.
    I burn a little under 800 calories for 45 minutes on level 6. I also have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I burn 220 calories doing that for 22 minutes. If you have Comcast, level 1 is on demand in the exercise section. You can buy the dvd for less than 10.00 at Walmart. It has three sections. You do the first section for 10 days, second for 10 and third for 10. I really like it!
  • krazie4u247
    krazie4u247 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For the elliptical try to change the resistance. My choices are 1-10. I was doing resistance 5, and moved it up to a 6 yesterday.
    The more resistance you have, the more calories you will burn.
    I burn a little under 800 calories for 45 minutes on level 6. I also have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I burn 220 calories doing that for 22 minutes. If you have Comcast, level 1 is on demand in the exercise section. You can buy the dvd for less than 10.00 at Walmart. It has three sections. You do the first section for 10 days, second for 10 and third for 10. I really like it!
    [/quote]

I did intervals yesterday so it adjusted the resistance for me. But it also depends on your VO2 and mine isn't super high right now. But I have never burned 800 in 45 minutes. I also try to stay in the fat burning zones so I burn less calories when I do that as well. But when I am on the stair master I can burn like 300 calories in about 20 to 30 minutes. This morning she had us to the bike which stinks for me because I can't get a high heart rate on the bike, even when we are on level 19. So I only burned in the 400s.

I also find for me its a little harder to burn a lot at night if I am hunger and my energy is off, thats why I love am workouts.

Thanks for the suggestion eastcoaster!! On the elliptical if I am not doing intervals I have to have it between 6 or 8 to even get into zone 2 or 3. Zone 2 workouts are fat burning so I am really trying to stick there so I will have to workout longer to burn more calories. If I do Zone 3 and 4 workouts I could probably burn higher amount of calories. I guess right now I need to focus on fat burning.
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'd love to join! my starting weight is 143 lbs.. when's the next weigh in?
  • kriegs86
    kriegs86 Posts: 41
    Options
    So I weighed this morning and actually gained 1.4 pounds over the last week. It totally sucks because I’ve stayed in my calorie limit and exercised for over an hour every day :yawn:

I’m going to keep at it -- but it’s so discouraging! :cry:
  • kriegs86
    kriegs86 Posts: 41
    Options
    How much have you all restricted your calorie intake? I’ve tried to keep mine at 1200 a day but it seemed to backfire. I wore myself out every time I went to the gym and I didn’t lose any weight. I actually gained to I increased my calories to 1500 last month and was able to lose 8 pounds.

I took a break for a week of finals and then joined MFP last week. Since the site recommended 1200 calories for me, I thought I’d try it again.

What works for you all? I wish it was as simple as math but my body hates me when I cut my calories back too much.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I love challenges! I do the 5 lb a month challenge & am also in the Labor Day challenge...but since that is ending soon, this will keep me going for a few more months!

This month I made a personal challenge to myself to only weigh in a few times this month, so my last weigh in was 218.0 so I will start with that.

08-17-10 218.0 (from last week)
    08-21-10
    08-31-10
    09-07-10 Goal >>>> 210
    09-17-10
    09-25-10
    09-30-10
    10-08-10 Goal >>>>200 >>>>>Leave for my CRUISE!
    10-21-10 Goal >>>>199 >>>>>My 39th Birthday!
    10-31-10
    11-05-10
    11-15-10 Goal >>>> 193 (25 lbs lost in 90 day Challenge)
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Hey!! I'd love to join! my starting weight is 143 lbs.. when's the next weigh in?

We would love to have you! We are weighing in this Friday. Today is day 2! Welcome aboard!
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I love challenges! I do the 5 lb a month challenge & am also in the Labor Day challenge...but since that is ending soon, this will keep me going for a few more months!

This month I made a personal challenge to myself to only weigh in a few times this month, so my last weigh in was 218.0 so I will start with that.

08-17-10 218.0 (from last week)
    08-21-10
    08-31-10
    09-07-10 Goal >>>> 210
    09-17-10
    09-25-10
    09-30-10
    10-08-10 Goal >>>>200 >>>>>Leave for my CRUISE!
    10-21-10 Goal >>>>199 >>>>>My 39th Birthday!
    10-31-10
    11-05-10
    11-15-10 Goal >>>> 193 (25 lbs lost in 90 day Challenge)

Awesome! We are weighing in on Friday. Today is day 2. 90 days is November 15th!
  • krazie4u247
    Options
    How much have you all restricted your calorie intake? I’ve tried to keep mine at 1200 a day but it seemed to backfire. I wore myself out every time I went to the gym and I didn’t lose any weight. I actually gained to I increased my calories to 1500 last month and was able to lose 8 pounds.

I took a break for a week of finals and then joined MFP last week. Since the site recommended 1200 calories for me, I thought I’d try it again.

What works for you all? I wish it was as simple as math but my body hates me when I cut my calories back too much.

I am supposed to eat 1600 according to my RMR I did. But its hard for me to eat that much, but I did good today. If you are working out intensely you might be toning and gaining muscle and that is why you aren't seeing the pounds change. Have you took your measurements lately? I haven't lost much yet, and that's why I have decided to really count my calories and I started last week religiously.

Hopefully by Thursday ( my weight in for my trainer) I am at least at 176 or 175. But tomorrow we are having a pot luck at work and I am bringing rib tips, we are having hot dogs. So I have to make sure tomorrow at the gym when I go, I burn min 800 calories. So I think I am swimming, lifting and another thing of cardio tomorrow.
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Tomorrow is our big weigh in!!!:bigsmile:
  • crc822001
    crc822001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join in on the 90 day challenge?
  • Shaqueta
    Shaqueta Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm all in for the challenge!!! I would love to be 30lbs smaller in 90 days.

Look foward to gettting to know everyone.

have a great day
    -Shaqueta
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Am I too late to join in on the 90 day challenge?

Not at all! Welcome! We are weighing in tomorrow! Our first weigh in was this past Monday.
    If you want, just state what you weighed on Monday, and then what you are tomorrow morning.
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Welcome Shaqueta!
  • grammadonna
    Options
    I am eastcoaster's Mom! I am joining in too. My starting weight on Monday was 158.
    My goal for 90 days is 140. See you all tomorrow for the weigh in! Add me as a friend if you want, I only have my daughter as one.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge.
    The 90 day mark is the same day that I would check into my new command. Right now, as I know, only one person knows me and she has seen me at my heaviest and my progress.

I reached my first goal of 150 and maintained it for 3 months, then I decided that I wanted to lose 5 more. While I was working on the last 5, I had the fitness coordinator on base do a body fat analysis. There I learned that I had 26.7%, my new goal is to decrease my BF. From the test, it says that 139 should get me in the target BF range (21%). But I know the only way to lose that and still decrease my BF not my muscle mass I must continue my current gym routine (cardio and free weights) and eat a lot cleaner.

That is where my challenge is.
    My work week here is Sunday through Thursday, so I always weigh in on Thursday. I'll just hold off to post my weight.
  • krazie4u247
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new members of the challenge.

So yesterday we had a potluck at work and I ate more than I could even imagine. I kept eating chips. I ate so many chips. Then I worked out and burned about 943 calories. But today I woke up totally sick, so I am not sure whats going on. I think I ate way to many chips for my healthy body so now I feel horrid.

I can't eat, I don't want to eat, don't feel hunger. It's crazy. I just hope that once I can eat again, I don't over eat and gain.

@TeeTee, welcome to the challenge and I think you will meet your body fat percentage. My goal is to get my body fat down. My ultimate goal is to be 18% or less. So we shall see what happens.
  • got2_run
    got2_run Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's a little late but I'd like to join your challenge as well. I'm supposed to weigh tomorrow so will use that as my starting weight?

90 days is just a perfect benchmark as I seem to sabotage myself frequently. Anyway, thanks for great idea and motivation!
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    It's a little late but I'd like to join your challenge as well. I'm supposed to weigh tomorrow so will use that as my starting weight?

90 days is just a perfect benchmark as I seem to sabotage myself frequently. Anyway, thanks for great idea and motivation!

The more the merrier! Welcome!
  • krazie4u247
    Options

Yes welcome.. It's never to late to join the challenge. Lets do this together!!