what do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new job! :)

I'm a teacher's aide in an elementary school. Want to be an elementary school teacher eventually but I just graduated and teaching jobs are few and far between. :( I still love my job though! I also tutor elementary and middle school kids part time.
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Staff Nurse x
  • dxc92
    dxc92 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Administration for our local authority setting up training courses for people who work in the childcare sector :-)
  • MrsB10305
    MrsB10305 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    State Enforcement Investigator with jurisdiction over securities, franchises, collection agencies and loan brokers.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm an aide in a k-2 elementary school and going to school for youth counseling
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I test software - which isn't as boring as it sounds. I really enjoy investigating issues, working out why they happen and then how to fix them - actually now that I've seen it written down, it is pretty boring.
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    By day, I'm a stay-at-home-mom who homeschools 2 kiddies with 1 on the way. At night, I draft mortgage locations for my husband's business.
  • linzchapates
    Options
    I work at a gold mine for the Underground department!
  • DeputySox
    Options
    Deputy Sheriff/Detective.
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Full-time Military, Volunteer Fire Fighter, off ice training for hockey and Beachbody Coach :wink:
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Well which hat I am wearing depends on the day. Stay at home mom for 13 yrs., Handle all business/legal aspects of my husbands construction company. Oh-yeah my career....webdesign & development, advertising and seo consultant and would really love to learn app design. I currently keep my client portfolio on the small side to be able to balance. Looking to expand with my own company...which I guess I have technically, just more consider myself a free-lancer right now.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Environmental Health and Safety Compliance Officer....which is sort of weird considering I used to be a Deputy Coroner...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Engineering Project Manager
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Commercial Insurance Underwriter. I am the gatekeeper between the insurance company and the agent, screening business insurance as it comes in to make sure it's a risk we want and will be profitable, and how it should be covered if we decide to take it. I will work on anything from a one-man plumbing operation to a $40,000,000 agricultural equipment parts distributor.

It sounds very boring, but it can be really interesting as we have a lot of personal decision leeway and I get to see all kinds things people do to make (a sometimes astonishing amount of) money. I'm also like an investigator, as people are not always honest, or the agents get blinded by big dollar signs, or they just don't understand why something would be risky. I look up company Facebooks, financial records, driving records, send people to go by and take photos with little to no warning.

Weird things always get through though, like the lady who was strangled to death by her necklace catching on a dentist chair while the dental tech was in the bathroom. A surprise blood-clot in the driver of a fully-loaded dump truck, causing him to black you and drive through a strip mall (hardly even lost speed, 40,000lb truck + 30,000lbs of rock + 55MPH = CRAZY PHYSICS!). People who use fast-food parking lots as free healthcare, IE break your leg at home, hurry to the local Taco Bell and 'fall' in their lot.
  • Jason3589
    Options
    Keeping people safe, solving societies problems and upholding the law.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I test software - which isn't as boring as it sounds. I really enjoy investigating issues, working out why they happen and then how to fix them - actually now that I've seen it written down, it is pretty boring.

Nah, I used to be a tester... I loved breaking the software, especially when I could watch the engineers afterwords blow a gasket! Peeling them off the ceiling after you prove that it really didn't work was super fun :laugh:

Now I'm an acquisition Security Analyst for the Navy.... Lot's of fun :noway:
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    I am an office manager. I hate it! Want to follow my dream of nursing but life got in the way! One day
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    International Transportation Consultant. I work in a Caribbean shipliners association. :)
  • KindredSouls
    KindredSouls Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mlisk8kk8l1s99m4bo1_400.gif
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am a Land Assistant for a small oil and natural gas company. I'm also an accounting/finance student, and debating on if I want to do some accounting when I graduate. But I get bored sitting at a desk all day, so we'll see. XD

It's really interesting to hear about what people do for a living! And grats OP on your new job =P