What's your favorite healthy breakfast choice?

Options
I'm trying to get out of my box of multi-grain Cherrios and milk or chocolate protein powder mixed with oatmeal (the latter is VERY tasty- I just ate it too frequently so I'm getting tired of it...). I want to add more protein, but don't like to eat much meat in the morning. I'm a fruit, yogurt, or complex carb kinda gal. :)

Feel free to share your recipes if it requires cooking- hopefully not in the morning. I'm the kind of person that rolls out of bed and gets showered just in time to run out the door to work. :D

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Water
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    Water? For real bro? I like food. Mostly oatmeal with protein, cocoa powder, and peanut butter. Breakfast burritos with homemade pork sausage. Refried bean, bacon and, egg burritos. Homeade granola with greek yogurt...
  • runnergrlfl
    runnergrlfl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It only takes 5-10 minutes to scramble up some eggs. I do this almost daily, then reheat at at the office and eat.
    Pre-dice some veggies that you like and toss them all in a container.

In the morning toss them in a skillet, sautee.
    While the veggies cook, crack & mix your eggs. Add them to the skillet. Scramble.
    Add cheese, black beans, salsa, sour cream, etc
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Water

I like food with my water :laugh: . I drink roughly a gallon of water a day, but I couldn't just start my day out with only water.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    It only takes 5-10 minutes to scramble up some eggs. I do this almost daily, then reheat at at the office and eat.
    Pre-dice some veggies that you like and toss them all in a container.

In the morning toss them in a skillet, sautee.
    While the veggies cook, crack & mix your eggs. Add them to the skillet. Scramble.
    Add cheese, black beans, salsa, sour cream, etc

Yummm!
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    thin, crispy toast topped with cottage cheese and avocado OR topped w/spicy tomato marmalade and avocado. DELISH.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I rotate between 2 meals:

Greek yogurt with blueberries and low fat granola.

Homemade breakfast sandwich consisting of a toasted Thomas' bagel thin, egg white patty (usually homemade, but I keep the frozen ones around in case I don't have time), 2 slices of Canadian bacon and a piece of Sargento thin sliced 2% fat Colby-Jack cheese.

Both run 225 calories. Oh and coffee.... always coffee.
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal
  • carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    3 slices Natural uncured bacon & 2 cage free eggs cooked with a tablespoon of coconut oil! Sometimes I throw some onion, bell pepper, tomato & mushrooms in with it!

I'm Paleo btw!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I eat Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt every day for breakfast. I don't eat unitl about 10 AM, and I need something that I can eat quickly between meetings. It's delish and fills me up for a while.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've been making "cookies" that I can bring to work to have breakfast when I'm ready, and they are so good! Mix 3 mashed bananas and 1 cup oatmeal, shape into cookies and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. You can add 1/2 cup of mix-ins...this week it's sunflower seeds and mini dark chocolate chips
  • SiouxsieSnowflake
    Options
    Leftover Chinese food.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My favorite is definitely sausage gravy with biscuits.
  • markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 227 grams of Fage yogurt mixed with 1/2 an apple plus a spoon of watered down Trutein cinabun whey protein.
  • amonpas
    amonpas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try Baked Blueberry & Peach Oatmeal. This is from Taste of Home . Make on the weekend and have enough to just microwave during the week. I enjoy this
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfasts -

Two eggs
    Sourdough or wheat toast with butter
    Black coffee
    Fruit (lately it's grapes, berries, banana, grapefruit or whatever I've got on hand)

Oatmeal
    1/3 cup greek yogurt
    1 Tbs honey
    Fresh fruit (berries and/or bananas are my fave)
    Walnuts
    Cinnamon

If I've got a busy morning, I'll do overnight oats in a mason jar - same basic recipe, but you do most of it the night before
    1/2 c oats
    1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
    1/3 cup greek yogurt
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    Put it all in the jar, cap tightly, give it a shake and put it in the fridge. Next morning, stir it up, add fruit, honey & nuts, grab a spoon and go. I love that it's totally portable or just a quick fix to eat at home.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm a fruit, yogurt, or complex carb kinda gal. :)

Ever tried "Overnight Oats"? They're the BEST! And the variety of what you can do with them is endless....

http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb - great minds like alike! (And post at the same time!) :)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty basic when I bother to eat breakfast. I usually combine an egg, some Laughing Cow, a light English muffin, and some variety of vegetable (tomato & onion slices, Recipe Ready blends, a few pepper strips, etc.) in various ways. Sometimes I have a little fried ham or turkey bacon; sometimes I leave off the cheese and swap in some avocado; sometimes it's a breakfast sandwich with a fried egg and sometimes it's a big scramble with a muffin half on the side.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Black coffee. Breakfast of champions.