What's your favorite healthy breakfast choice?

Options

Replies

• Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It's either oatmeal mixed in with some peanut butter and a banana, or egg whites, turkey on a whole wheat wrap with Sriracha.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    A cup of heavy cream with some cocoa powder is quick and filling.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Spray the inside of a coffee cup with cooking spray/olive oil/coconut oil/whatever...pour in a serving of egg whites/egg beaters and up to 1/2c chopped omelette fixins, and season. Pop an english muffin/bread/roll/whatever in the toaster. Nuke eggs for 2 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cooked egg, slide onto bread of choice, top with the other half and walk out the door. ( you can skip the bread and place a tortilla on the coffee cup during the last 15 seconds of cooking to warm it up and wrap the egg in the tortilla wrap-style, if you like, too.)

Prepping ingredients the night before can make this literally a 2 minute breakfast.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I don't cook, so be forewarned.

My usual breakfasts are either:
    a) Everything bagel with cream cheese
    b) Plain NF Greek yogurt with SF sweetener
    or
    c) a Quest bar

:flowerforyou:
  • UndressJess
    UndressJess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2 organic brown eggs fried over easy in 1/8 tsp of coconut oil with Cholula. I also have a half a grapefruit with stevia & cinnamon on top! This is 220 calories. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just put 100g of peppers in the pan, cook them for 5 minutes, add crumbled turkey sausage then 2 scrambled eggs.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I like to make my breakfast the night before, then pack and eat it when I get to work. For me it's usually:
    -plain nonfat greek yogurt w/peanut butter and chocolate protein powder
    -plain nonfat greek yogurt w/sugar free blueberry preserves, blueberries, white chocolate protein powder, and walnuts (or raspberry preserves and raspberries)

or sometimes:
    -nonfat cottage cheese w/ chopped apples, honey, walnuts, and cinnamon
    -la factory tortilla w/peanut butter, banana, and honey
    -sometimes kashi go lean w/berries and nonfat milk
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I pre-make a batch of breakfast wraps every Sunday and keep them on a platter in the fridge. Every morning we throw two of them on the GF grill and eat them on the way to work. Easy, yummy, and nutritious! This week they consisted of a whole wheat wrap, egg, shredded carrot, broccoli, red pepper, and cheddar cheese. Yum! Although I think my favourite that we've done so far was egg, mushroom, spinach, red onion and feta cheese..... *drool*
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Spray the inside of a coffee cup with cooking spray/olive oil/coconut oil/whatever...pour in a serving of egg whites/egg beaters and up to 1/2c chopped omelette fixins, and season. Pop an english muffin/bread/roll/whatever in the toaster. Nuke eggs for 2 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cooked egg, slide onto bread of choice, top with the other half and walk out the door. ( you can skip the bread and place a tortilla on the coffee cup during the last 15 seconds of cooking to warm it up and wrap the egg in the tortilla wrap-style, if you like, too.)

Prepping ingredients the night before can make this literally a 2 minute breakfast.

YUM!! Trying this!
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, wait until noon to eat :)
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Homemade breakfast burritos with bacon!
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm a fruit, yogurt, or complex carb kinda gal. :)

Ever tried "Overnight Oats"? They're the BEST! And the variety of what you can do with them is endless....

http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats

i'm with these guys on the overnight oats, they are so handy, when i'm at college during the week i'm an up and out the door morning person aswell so to have this pre-made is great especially it still allows me to have my oatmeal, a serving of greek yoghurt and topped with a serving of fruit such as raspberries or almonds - getting so much in at once, its a great healthy breakfast! :D

Sometimes I cut up fruit the night before such as apples, strawberries, oranges...anything thats in the house really and store it in a tupperware container overnight and then bring it with me on the go the next morning, but I always find myself hungrier by lunchtime, its still handy though! :)

If you like to get your eggs in but find you don't have the time to cook them another one I've tried before is omelet muffins. These actually taste so good and you can prepare them sunday night and have them for the week.
    Here's a few ideas. :)
    http://laurenconrad.com/blog/post/good-eats-3-busy-girl-breakfasts-overnight-oats-green-smoothie-allison-norton-2013
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    3 slices Natural uncured bacon & 2 cage free eggs cooked with a tablespoon of coconut oil! Sometimes I throw some onion, bell pepper, tomato & mushrooms in with it!

I'm Paleo btw!

^^ YUMMY
  • martyp417
    martyp417 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quinoa porridge~
    (I use the rice cooker but you can experiment otherwise)
    Rinse 3/4 cups quinoa well,
    put into rice cooker with 1 1/4 cups almond milk (or otherwise), 3.4 cups boiling water, and flavourings (I use 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla, about 1/2 tsp nutmeg...)
    flick over to cook, take it out about 25 minutes later. Here I take half the amount (the batch makes 2 servings) stir in stevia and raisins (now would be a good time for adding protein) and eat =) Put the rest in a box for tomorrow!
    (You can make bigger batches and do it all the night before, too)
  • Brainless64
    Brainless64 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A sliced banana, and sliced apple, nuked (microwaved) until soft, topped with Fat free Fromage Frais.

Or Banana cooked with my porridge for sweetness.
  • kramalicious
    Options
    I get up, eat breakfast, and head for the gym first thing, so here's what I eat, besides what others have suggested:

Half a cup of Quaker Oats, one cup of water, put in large glass bowl in microwave and blast for 2 1/2 minutes. While it's cooking, I grab my bag of frozen blueberries from the freezer and put 1/2 cup of berries into the bowl. When the oatmeal is ready, dump it on top of the berries, then take 1 Tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter and swirl it around on top of the oatmeal till it starts to melt. Then top with 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds and mix all of it up .

This is really tasty and packed with protein and fiber.

Another really good breakfast is to do the steel cut oats in the crockpot overnight, with some apples and cinnamon.

My favorite to go with eggs if I have time is Canadian Bacon ,which is already cooked and only has to be heated up in a pan for a few seconds( Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day because of all the great choices)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Water? For real bro? I like food. Mostly oatmeal with protein, cocoa powder, and peanut butter. Breakfast burritos with homemade pork sausage. Refried bean, bacon and, egg burritos. Homeade granola with greek yogurt...

Yes for real, I get up at 4:30 am and train fasted. I love "breakfast foods", but eat "breakfast" in any traditional sense.

post-28362-youre-never-eating-breakfast-a-askO.gif
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    3 slices Natural uncured bacon & 2 cage free eggs cooked with a tablespoon of coconut oil! Sometimes I throw some onion, bell pepper, tomato & mushrooms in with it!

I'm Paleo btw!

THIS.. Eggs and bacon ARE HEALTHY.

Edit: but I usually eat them for lunch. And I do NOT mean just egg whites. :noway:
  • Reevesy07
    Options
    Poached eggs on sourdough bread with smoked salmon, spinach and hollandaise sauce. A massive amount of mushrooms and tomato on the side. So good! smoked salmon is expensive though.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Black coffee, wait until noon to eat :)

I pretty much do this, but as far as favorite breakfast foods - baked chocolate oatmeal, quiche, and meat & veggie stratas. I eat breakfast for dinner a lot, and these are staples, esp since they freeze well.