has anyone continued to lose weight while eating white rice?

Options
13»

Replies

• emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    *cough* Look at Asians, Chinese.. They eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No, it won't make you fat. It's the butter, cheese and whatever else that goes on it. That's the culprit. Don't blame the poor rice.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yep. And burgers, pizza, beer, wine, margaritas, ice cream, ribs, potatoes, bacon, pasta, butter, cake, cookies, chips.....

:drinker:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Yep. And burgers, pizza, beer, wine, margaritas, ice cream, ribs, potatoes, bacon, pasta, butter, cake, cookies, chips.....

:drinker:

...and a Dr Who banner. You are awesome. :drinker:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people on MFP who are at goal and have maintained a long time, who eat whatever foods they like, as long as they monitor their calories according to their goals. So if you love your white rice, you're pretty safe!

I'm one of those people. Enjoy your white rice. Enjoy white potatoes too (a favorite of mine).
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer brown rice but as long as you count it into your calories it should be ok. But as others have said, the unprocessed brown rice will have more nutrients.
    ^^ This ^^
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I started eating white rice initially and lost weight, then switched to brown which has the SAME calories (Uncle Ben 10 minute rice in Canada). I prefer the texture of brown rice, it's chewier and just tastes really good to me.

Next stop, I will be swimming over to Quinoa Island.

BASICALLY: Yes you can eat white rice and lose weight. You can eat ANYTHING and lose weight.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Stir fry (homemade) is a huge go-to meal for me, both lunch and supper. I get a variety of veg with a lean protein. I eat it with white rice, brown rice, rice noodles, etc. I also put rice in my soup and use it as filler in my tacos (sometimes).

Rice is fantastic in many ways, white or brown I'm not ricest. :flowerforyou:

I know that was an awful pun, I'll go to my corner now.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people on MFP who are at goal and have maintained a long time, who eat whatever foods they like, as long as they monitor their calories according to their goals. So if you love your white rice, you're pretty safe!
    I'm one of those people. Enjoy your white rice. Enjoy white potatoes too (a favorite of mine).
    Mmmmmm... potatoes.

It's the whole calories in, calories out thing. I love to hike and run and need my carbs to get up those mountains. Lots of pasta, potatoes or rice the night before a big climb gives me the fuel I need to go further, which in turn burns more calories :)

I just do what I always do - weigh before I cook and log the calories.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I gain weight when I go into my kitchen and that's where I keep the white rice.....true story. :happy:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    so my fav type of rice is white, i tried brown and almost gagged. i dont have more than a cup of white rice but ppl say its not good. any advice?

yeah, I don't think there's a single asian here who has successfully lost weight. /sarcasm

white rice is fine. Portion size is important though, just like with everything else.

FTR - I eat as much sushi as I can afford. Hasn't stopped my weight loss at all.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Whilst carbs, sugar and fat do have the monopoly on the 'evil food of the week' title I am strongly campaigning that celery get a turn :happy:

I like celery so you don't get my vote. I think peanut butter should be evil food of the year it's disgusting.(I'll put my crash helmet on now) I just don't get this love in for peanut butter
  • Mcdonkey
    Mcdonkey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dont eat white rice, look at all those fat asians *lol*
    It's about counting calories, if you eat more then you use, u will gain weight.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    sw50sw8sw578.gif