Guys working out their triceps with the rope thing?!?!?!!

Options
Just noticed this at the gym today, but such a turn on, don't know why? Just being honest, not trying to offend anyone btw.

Anyone else feel the same? :)

Replies

• DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    The.... rope thing? That narrows it down.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Omg, I'm so offended.

Just kidding! :wink:
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Omg, I'm so offended.

I feel like you are pulling my strings...
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Really? I think I look kinda goofy when I'm doing it, looks like you're doing this really gentle downstroke or something, massaging.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    They must have some big horse shoes :wink:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I always pretended the rope attachment were a girl's pigtails. Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks, OP.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I always pretended the rope attachment were a girl's pigtails. Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks, OP.
    I will never be able to look at someone doing that exercise the same way ever again.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I just stare. I look away if caught! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • youtalkfunny
    Options
    OMG, then you'd absolutely LOVE what I do with that rope thing! Seriously, I lower the pulley to the floor, and stand over it with my back to the machine; reach down, grab two handfuls of rope, plant my hands on the front of my hips, and take a step forward, which gets the weights off the ground. The exercise is bending slightly at the waist, letting the weight pull my hips back, then snapping my hips forward to get back to the standing straight up position. It's important not to pull the rope with your hands/arms, your legs and hips have to do all the work--I really look like I'm humping an imaginary person in front of me!

A power lifter friend of mine showed me that one when I was just starting out with weights. He knew my goal fat burning, and he assured me, "This will REALLY take the pounds off." And he was right! I swear, I started losing an extra pound or two per week as soon as I added this one to my routine. And as he mentioned, "It helps that you're an older guy, like me--you won't care how you LOOK while you're doing this!"

I've recently got to the point where I've got the machine's max weight hooked up to that rope. Guess it's time to start adding more reps....and God help the next woman I get involved with! Hope her insurance is paid up!
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I do quite a bit of cable pulley related tricep work. I actually find it very comfortable to do. Very proud of the progress I've made on my triceps.

But not trying to be sexy about it or anything. That just causes the women to throw up in their own mouths a little bit I've noticed.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I do quite a bit of cable pulley related tricep work. I actually find it very comfortable to do. Very proud of the progress I've made on my triceps.

But not trying to be sexy about it or anything. That just causes the women to throw up in their own mouths a little bit I've noticed.
    Eh, I just stare because I would feel like a total fool doing it, as I have no idea what to do lol.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options

The best part about this visual is that the girl in question is taller than me. Errmagherd!!!!:love:
  • sugaspice999
    Options

So that's what it's called! Haha I just didnt know what it was called! Congrats on the progress :)
  • addysolari
    addysolari Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Gold
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    OMG, then you'd absolutely LOVE what I do with that rope thing! Seriously, I lower the pulley to the floor, and stand over it with my back to the machine; reach down, grab two handfuls of rope, plant my hands on the front of my hips, and take a step forward, which gets the weights off the ground. The exercise is bending slightly at the waist, letting the weight pull my hips back, then snapping my hips forward to get back to the standing straight up position. It's important not to pull the rope with your hands/arms, your legs and hips have to do all the work--I really look like I'm humping an imaginary person in front of me!

A power lifter friend of mine showed me that one when I was just starting out with weights. He knew my goal fat burning, and he assured me, "This will REALLY take the pounds off." And he was right! I swear, I started losing an extra pound or two per week as soon as I added this one to my routine. And as he mentioned, "It helps that you're an older guy, like me--you won't care how you LOOK while you're doing this!"

I've recently got to the point where I've got the machine's max weight hooked up to that rope. Guess it's time to start adding more reps....and God help the next woman I get involved with! Hope her insurance is paid up!

Wow seems like it would be a sight haha! I didn't think it would help lose more weight, but maybe it workouts more than one of the muscles at the same time? I'm going to try and ask one of the guys how to do the tricep/bicep one with the rope, and the one where to put all your weight on the rope and lean back/forward. Should be a fun workout!
  • sugaspice999
    Options

LMAO pretty sure I'm going to visualize this when I go there in 2 hours. Then they'll think I'm the creeper girl :(
  • sugaspice999
    Options

Eh, I just stare because I would feel like a total fool doing it, as I have no idea what to do lol.

I know right? Haha, I always try to learn/remember it while watching them but ends up being a total when I try it myself haha.
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Really? I think I look kinda goofy when I'm doing it, looks like you're doing this really gentle downstroke or something, massaging.

Nope not goofy at all! Haha, could see that though, if you're doing it super slow and looking/staring at someone else while doing it haha. :)
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Omg, I'm so offended.

Haha funny :)

I just said it because some people get weirdly offended, even in broad topics.