Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I... Huh... I give up!

:noway:
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    You asked what people think of your "diet"...they tell you...you get mad and defensive....

If you don't want to hear what people think and you're so convinced that your doctor is doing the right thing, why make a post about it?

Sorry you have health issues, but I don't see many people agreeing with you. Sorry.
  • loren_jaylon
    loren_jaylon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I ate 12 apples B/L/D I'm under my cal intake and I'm full (+water) I'm not starving to death ppl! tht under 600cal... every once in a while I through in 2-3 walnuts....My Dr. got this down pack...I say under 600 you ppl instantly say OOOO she starving...NO I'm NOT my food just have fewer calories
  • loren_jaylon
    Options
    I'm not mad at all you cant consume my energy correctly sry
  • loren_jaylon
    Options
    You did ask what people think about it. I hope your health issues improve though.
    Thank you
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You are aware that because of this level of restriction the likelihood that you will gain the weight back is rather high, yes? Is this an MD with a focus in nutrition and/or weight loss or a GP? I ask this because my GP, rheumatologist, and dietician all expressed the importance of slow and steady weight loss in order to have a high probability of maintaining said weight loss. I have plenty of health issues of my own that have limited my physical ability, and my weight gain has further affected this. However, I have rarely heard mention of VLCD being a long term solution.

What will you do if come the end on December you've gained half your weight loss back? You metabolism is going to slow down drastically do to VLCD and when you begin eating normally again your body won't be able to burn those calories the way you want. It will have assumed you are in a period of famine and hold onto the nutrients and fats you eat. It's why crash diets have such I high failure rate. Please consider what you are doing to your body and whether it is worth such a temporary accomplishment.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I ate 12 apples B/L/D I'm under my cal intake and I'm full (+water) I'm not starving to death ppl! tht under 600cal... every once in a while I through in 2-3 walnuts....My Dr. got this down pack...I say under 600 you ppl instantly say OOOO she starving...NO I'm NOT my food just have fewer calories

Yeah.. That sounds eerily familiar to the hCG diet my previous MD put me on several years back without a second glance. Worked great... Until my kidneys started shutting down, my hair started falling out, and I lost consciousness trying to climb a flight of stairs.

Apples and a handful of walnuts isn't enough to keep your body healthy. You. Are. Harming. Your. Body.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it does kinda matter. You'd have more luck on the general weight loss board....and by luck I mean probably be told very bluntly that you're not losing 1 or 2 lbs of fat a day, that netting under 1,200 calories is unhealthy, and then a small flame war would break out.

And joy will be had by all :drinker:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Does it matter

Yes. Certain boards are for certain subjects. This is the maintaining board. Take some time to learn how the forums work, for your own sake.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Ex: Today I walked for 134min and my intake was well under 600cal.

Ummmmm I'm not even gonna say a thing. I hope you have funeral insurance or something. At very least someone who will take care of you when you are very very very sick.... cause that's what's gonna happen.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Does it matter

Yes. Certain boards are for certain subjects. This is the maintaining board. Take some time to learn how the forums work, for your own sake.

Actually it got moved in case you didnt notice.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it does kinda matter. You'd have more luck on the general weight loss board....and by luck I mean probably be told very bluntly that you're not losing 1 or 2 lbs of fat a day, that netting under 1,200 calories is unhealthy, and then a small flame war would break out.

I felt it only fair to add the warning.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Unless you need to rapidly shrink an enlarged liver or alike in order to have urgent surgery, I see no reason to be eating under 600 calories a day!

I concur with your friend, even if you're only doing this for a month, this diet seems unhealthy.

I'm not sure what you're losing a pound of per day but I suspect it's not fat.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Oh my bad... I took it as an invitation :laugh:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

Oh my bad... I took it as an invitation :laugh:

Warning, invitation same thing.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    OK so, if you aren't being a troll, this is another silly "LOOK AT MY LOW CAL DIET THIS WORKS" that is irresponsible. You have a medical condition, by what you have communicated it is an emergency situation to lose this weight, you are under a doctor's supervision, you are probably short, you were probably started out very obese for this height and/or you have a large amount of inflammation/swelling and you are on a special diet because something drastic needs to be done to get rid of it fast. All of these things make this possible to be fine for YOU in YOUR medical condition for a short time, while under doctor supervision. Don't act like this is some special diet everyone can do and ask what others think about it, that's irresponsible, someone could not put the pieces together and try it on their own.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Does it matter

Actually it got moved in case you didnt notice.

Apparently, I did not notice. Thank you.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    OK so, if you aren't being a troll, this is another silly "LOOK AT MY LOW CAL DIET THIS WORKS" that is irresponsible. You have a medical condition, by what you have communicated it is an emergency situation to lose this weight, you are under a doctor's supervision, you are probably short, you were probably started out very obese for this height and/or you have a large amount of inflammation/swelling and you are on a special diet because something drastic needs to be done to get rid of it fast. All of these things make this possible to be fine for YOU in YOUR medical condition for a short time, while under doctor supervision. Don't act like this is some special diet everyone can do and ask what others think about it, that's irresponsible, someone could not put the pieces together and try it on their own.
    +1
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Water weight is very likely part of your loss to date. There is no doubt you'll lose weight netting 600 calories a day and no one is disputing that. Please just be careful as it is very low. Have you considered 5:2 then maybe you could eat 600 a day but no more than 2 non consecutive days per week.

Good luck.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Your doctor doesn't happen to be Josef Mengele, does he? Because your current doctor has you eating not even half of what a jewish prisoner would eat in Auschwitz. Just saying.
This discussion has been closed.