1 Pound a DAY

Options

Replies

• p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sry you hold not the degree my doctor holds. And me being under his supervision I've been weighed each day so consider tht confirmed.

Dr_Nick.png
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Water weight is very likely part of your loss to date. There is no doubt you'll lose weight netting 600 calories a day and no one is disputing that. Please just be careful as it is very low. Have you considered 5:2 then maybe you could eat 600 a day but no more than 2 non consecutive days per week.

Good luck.

on 5:2 is 500 for women, 600 for men & you CAN go more than 2 days a week (4:3) and you are actually meant to eat nothing on fast days.

Telling this OP to do that would be like telling her it's more than ok.
  • ragazza1
    ragazza1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Starving does not mean you are feeling hungry...it means your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs....which it won't be just eating apples. Apples are great healthy foods but they do not provide the range of nutrients your body needs.
  • KindredMaximus
    KindredMaximus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My first post - I can't help but notice that 12 apples in a day adds up to way more then 600 calories unless they are very small apples.
    Years ago(about 13yrs) while breast feedings I did the rotation diet by Dr Katahn(Ithink that is his name) and there were rotation days of 600 and 900 and 1200 calories for 3 weeks at a time. I did this and didn't lose milk and lost ALL on my weight and was around 55 kilos - I went off the diet and lived normally without dieting for the next 12 years maintaining fine. Until a year ago and doing Uni (nutrition and dietetic degree) and my marriage breaking down saw me put over 15 kgs on.
    I didn't feel starved on that diet but I did become obsessed over weighing my foods. And I didn't put the weight back on I believe because I got used to smaller portions keeping me satisfied.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    As long as I really respect whatever you and your doctor are doing (just as I respect any other human) I think that solely basing on your weightloss plan there's not much to talk about on this board.
  • madaboutmitch
    Options
    What is a VLCD? I am on 1220 calories a day, which I think is low, but I also have A LOT of weight to lose. You need to take advice how it is - advice. How do you feel? Do you trust your doctor? Have you had any blood work to make sure your vitamin levels are acceptable? Good luck figuring it out.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Does it matter

Yes. Certain boards are for certain subjects. This is the maintaining board. Take some time to learn how the forums work, for your own sake.

Actually it got moved in case you didnt notice.

It's too bad they didn't just shut it down instead.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss of water and muscle mass.

When you come off this stupid and unhealthy diet you will regain the weight in pure fat and be worse off than when you started. :noway:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Kinda seems like you're just here to pick a fight. So, mission accomplished, I guess?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I have no idea what you're doing and I can only hope that no other person follows your plan.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter how much you eat, your body is fortunately smarter that you.......600 calories for extended periods of time will and does kill people successfully, so you will binge, that's guaranteed simply because of the availability of food in general and you will fail...........but who cares, not me.:wink:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m35jlhpnHI1r1onmy.gif
  • hookilau
    Options
    Yeah, it does kinda matter. You'd have more luck on the general weight loss board....and by luck I mean probably be told very bluntly that you're not losing 1 or 2 lbs of fat a day, that netting under 1,200 calories is unhealthy, and then a small flame war would break out.

And joy will be had by all :drinker:

and fun gifs abound!

5919_-_animated_gif_dean_winchester_monochrome_reaction_image_sam_winchester_supernatural.gif
  • hookilau
    Options
    2ywtzjl.gif
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ldtfu5tuNB1qcenlqo1_500.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    mmk.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You mentioned eating 12 apples...in one day? Seriously?

I'm all for weight loss, really I am....but I'm not so sure this is really going to get you what you want. Yes, cutting calories will make you lose but at the same time, what will happen when you start eating a bit more normally in the future, after you reach your goal weight? Also, are you taking a vitiamin? Did your doctor recommend one? Eating what you're saying you're eating isn't going to provide you with the nutrients that your body needs. This is why people say 'eat balanced". Your body needs all sorts of different things to function. I just don't think that what you're doing sounds very healthy. I'm sorry. I do wish you luck, I really do, but I just don't think that what you're doing sounds very safe or healthy for your body.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Your plan is perfect. Especially the speed walking.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    special-snowflake-detected-one-direction-32621270-500-238.gif
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Sry for various reasons I'm under a stricted diet By my health care provider

It's NOT actual fat you are losing. It's water. People don't lose weight that fast.

Have you thought of getting a new doctor?

Why the rush? Slow is so much better :wink:
This discussion has been closed.