New Progress Pics - Size 14 to Size 6!

Options
1235»

Replies

• m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    m_wilh,

could not agree more! age is a huge factor for alot and eating plant based allows for eating in abundance. even when we went out to the concert and did dinner first, I stopped halfway thru a veggie sandwich - I was full. and yet I craved all the veggies in it.

I am so glad to hear more and more people are at least watching the movie to understand it's importance to health and to weight loss. it is not a dry documentary or anything like it. and i at first felt concerned about all the food i had eaten in all my years and was it too late to reverse things - the answer is it is never too late.

i also learned so much more thru the Cornell course when i got certified in plant based nutrition and i respect that alot of people struggle with eating this way and that for most, you are only open to the change when something drastic happens like too much weight gain or a serious health issue.

i was being told about a year and a half ago to have a prophylactic double mastectomy due to the breast cancer in my family - I declined as it did not feel like the right thing. i learned in my courses at Cornell that so much of what we believe are genetic are really health issues that reappear in families because we are all eating the same way, the same bad things over generations.

granted, there are true genetic health issues so understand I am not discounting those but much is very linked to the food we eat - seeing the data and learning in the course, i counted myself lucky i did not go thru with the surgery. so much of my health issues have reversed - even the start of my RA symptoms, now all gone - and i believe many things can be kept at bay with ideal health.

but i am not perfect and i still have the lingering "bad foods" - there are many halloween things lingering in the house and yes, i am human and have a snack size mini bag of m&m's some days (shhh, don't tell anyone)........i just know that when i do, the bulk of my eating the bulk of the year is optimal and it allows for those times when processed foods are eaten and even then, they are so few.

the concert was amazing, cyndi was amazing - next time she comes, I am bringing my daughter would i know would love it!

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I also agree with the genetic issue as well. I'm so glad to hear you didn't succumb to pressure/fear or whatever else may have motivated you to have the surgery. There is a lady that I used to go to church with and she had a double mastectomy only because she was told the same thing you were. I was truly grieved by her decision. Anyway, I am moving in that direction. I can't say that I am there yet, but I don't have too far of a jump to make to get there as my diet has drastically improved in the last three years. I don't eat processed foods at all. Mainly just fruits, veggies, meats, and dairy so I'm almost there. Now just to cut out the meat and dairy. I don't eat a lot of it so I should do fairly well with the switch. I would really love to see the last 12 pounds I need to lose come off. Nothing else has done it so far but I suspect taking this last step will do the trick.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Great progress!!!
  • jolmbagpuss
    jolmbagpuss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done. This gives me determination.
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    WOW, big difference! You look awesome in that dress! Congrats :D
  • FindMyInnerAthlete
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!! These pics are so motivating! Congrats chica!
  • poorgirl1
    poorgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Cyndi Lauper was awesome in concert! I just saw her 2 weeks ago!!!
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    rock on
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    HOT! LOVE the outfit!
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! You look fantastic!!!!
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Excellet work!!!

You should be very proud!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • paleopin
    Options
    I love Cindy Lauper and your dress and your bag and your shoes! Have a great time!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fabulous--totally and years younger too. I was searching for a plant based way of eating and drinking success stories and found yours. I'm so encouraged and thrilled for you. I'm gearing up mentally to restart a plant based way of eating and drinking too and would love to know if you're still keeping up with this lifestyle and how you're doing and feeling these days?!?
    :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • Krystasfocused25
    Krystasfocused25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!! Love the dress
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love your dress! So pretty.
    You look great!
  • Werfam
    Werfam Posts: 29
    Options
    Wow, u look great! Moreover, I am soooooo impressed with your hard work and dedication. I would love to know your story and how u got started. I m. Struggling with losing 20.

Suggestions welcomed

Stephany
  • Lynzigzagzay
    Lynzigzagzay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look sooooo good! And your outfit is beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!