Any recipes with pumpkin besides pie?

Options
^.^
Comment.

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    I like it roasted with a little olive oil. Or sautéed with butter.
  • annsmall1984
    annsmall1984 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    pumpkin roll
    not good for a diet though
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2924/pumpkin-and-parsnip-cassoulet

just substituted a couple of things like the wine. But it was delicious!!

I also make pumpkin bread spread. Just cook/steam/roast the pumpkin and wizz it in the mixer with some salt and tahini, ghee or oil. perfect for lunches and freezable
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie protein shake!

Half a banana (or a whole one if you don't mind the carbs. Half an avocado for a really creamy one)
    1/2 cup pumpkin pure
    a scoop of vanilla protein powder
    a tsp of pumpkin pie spice
    ice and almond milk to make it the texture you want.

Tasty!!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    This..

http://friskycook.blogspot.in/2012/10/kumro-chakka-bengali-pumpkin-curry.html

I just love it :):) Its indian/ Bengali recipe though
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Healthy Pumpkin Muffins

3 C. flour
    1 T. Cinnamon
    1 tsp. nutmeg
    1/2 tsp. allspice
    1 tsp. baking soda

Mix together well and set aside

1 1/2 C sugar
    1 can pure pumpkin
    1/2 C. unsweetened applesauce
    4 oz. water
    4 egg whites
    1/4 C. raisins (cover with hot water )
    Beat pumpkin, applesauce, water together until smooth. Drain and discard water from raisins and stir raisins into batter.
    Mix in dry ingredients, don't beat to death. Spray cupcake papers lightly with Pam. and scoop level 1/4 C. batter into each paper.
    Bake at 350 degrees F. 20 min. for half dozen pan, 30 min. for dozen pan. Makes 26 muffins.
    Cal.- 106 Carbs.-25 Fat- 0 Protein- 2 Iron- 4 Sodium- 54 Sugar- 13 Fiber-1 Cholesterol 0
  • PaintedSwan
    Options
    Those all sound great!c:
    Idk what to make now.
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention I freeze most of these (baked first) and grab one out when I want one for breakfast, snack, or anytime. Nuke for 30 seconds and you have a delicious, warm muffin. There are three of us that are on MFP and having a bag of these frozen is so handy for all of us!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I saw a recipe on Food Network the other day for pumpkin scones. They looked amazing!
  • Jill_with_a_G
    Jill_with_a_G Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Emilybites dot com has a great little recipe for rice krispie pumpkin squares. Really Yummy!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Soup - cook & mash/puree (or use canned) with sauteed shallots or onions; thin with chicken or vegetable broth or milk/cream, or combination; season with nutmeg.
    Pasta sauce - cook & mash/puree (or use canned); thin just a little (should be thicker than marinara sauce); finish with fresh sage, cooked finely chopped bacon/pancetta, and/or grated parmesan.
  • perkgd
    perkgd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day. A bit time consuming, but the payoff was a delicious dish. Also it made enough that I could freeze 2/3 of the fresh raviolis to use later. Makes for a quick after work meal because they can go straight from the freezer to the hot water.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/pumpkin-ravioli/detail.aspx
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Healthy Pumpkin Muffins

3 C. flour
    1 T. Cinnamon
    1 tsp. nutmeg
    1/2 tsp. allspice
    1 tsp. baking soda

Mix together well and set aside

To try.
    1 1/2 C sugar
    1 can pure pumpkin
    1/2 C. unsweetened applesauce
    4 oz. water
    4 egg whites
    1/4 C. raisins (cover with hot water )
    Beat pumpkin, applesauce, water together until smooth. Drain and discard water from raisins and stir raisins into batter.
    Mix in dry ingredients, don't beat to death. Spray cupcake papers lightly with Pam. and scoop level 1/4 C. batter into each paper.
    Bake at 350 degrees F. 20 min. for half dozen pan, 30 min. for dozen pan. Makes 26 muffins.
    Cal.- 106 Carbs.-25 Fat- 0 Protein- 2 Iron- 4 Sodium- 54 Sugar- 13 Fiber-1 Cholesterol 0
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I mixed a spoonful of Trader Joe's pumpkin butter in greek yogurt this morning, and topped it with cinnamon and slivered almonds. I think you could do the same with plain canned pumpkin.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    It's really good in beef stew, too, instead of potatoes, with thyme and bay leaf.

I like pumpkin as a savoury side dish, like sweet potatoes, roasted with olive oil and sea salt.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/31530912

My daughter makes these little mug cakes (individually portioned and they cook in the microwave in one minute each). They are so good! I'm not a sweets eater at all, but I actually ask her to make these occasionally. The taste and texture are amazing.

Well, lo and behold, she started adding a tablespoon of pureed (canned) pumpkin to the top of each and they got even better!

I'm a sucker for pumpkin anyhow. I'm going to make pumpkin butter in the slow-cooker next. :smile:

ETA: Recipe details in case you can't view them...

Pillsbury - All Purpose Flour, 0.1875 cup
    Argo - Baking Powder Aluminum Free, 0.25 tsp
    Spices - Salt, table, 0.13 tsp
    Dixie Crystals - Granulated Sugar, 3 tsp
    Generic Vanilla Extract - Flavor (Spices)
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 0.13 tsp
    Brown Sugar - Light Brown Sugar - 1 Tbsp, 0.5 tsp
    Nutiva - Coconut Oil, 2.5 teaspoon

Total: 263 35 12 2 481 0 (does not include 1 tablespoon of pumpkin)

I think she just mixes it all in a coffee mug, tops it with the pumpkin, and nukes it.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! So many great suggestions!