That's right, I binged, and I'm not sorry.

Options
And it was the most wonderful binge. Delicious foods prepared by my good friend who is a wonderful cook. My friends hosted two days of tabletop gaming, and prepared lots of wonderful food for us. Brie! Homemade lasagna with garlic bread! Cookies! And I tried to log the calories, but at some point I knew it was a lost cause. So I'm not sure exactly how many calories I consumed, but it was a lot. But they were yummy calories! :bigsmile:

So yeah, not really feeling the least bit guilty about it. I figure that even if I ate well past my TDEE both days, I certainly didn't eat THAT many more calories than I "should" have, and even if I did, well, it'll slow the weight loss down a little bit. It was so worth it. Sometimes the priority is the calorie deficit, sometimes the priority is good food and good fun with friends. As long as the calorie deficit wins out more often than not, I figure it's all good. :drinker:

Replies

• marzipan7
    Options
    I'm sure it was all very tasty. Now if you can climb back on that wagon, that's always the tough part for me.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear!!!! :drinker:
  • Lyn8944
    Options
    Haha SO been there! I feel like you kinda have to binge every now and then to keep at a healthy diet. So many yummy foods you go!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm back on track. I didn't fall off the wagon, I just leaned out of it for a while. :bigsmile:
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Studies show you are more likely to succeed in the long term because of your willingness and ability to let your hair down once in awhile! Yay you!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sometimes a specific event or food is VERY much worth it. I hate the saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". Sorry, but I can have both thank you very much.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm back on track. I didn't fall off the wagon, I just leaned out of it for a while. :bigsmile:

That's an awesome quote! And I also think it is a great way to look at the "cheat days" everyone on here keeps talking about.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mtv3fslF7L1sj3oxho1_500.gif
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Frankly I really like your attitude. I mean, what we are doing here is a way of life right? Progress, not perfect makes for a happier me, I do know that. Way to work it!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't view that as a binge - just normal celebration. A binge to me is if you consume loads of the same type of food for the sake of eating it rather than for the pure enjoyment of having a few things you wouldn't normally allow yourself.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that binging, as I think binging implies some loss of control. Not all overeating is binging. But I'm glad you had a good time!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't view that as a binge - just normal celebration. A binge to me is if you consume loads of the same type of food for the sake of eating it rather than for the pure enjoyment of having a few things you wouldn't normally allow yourself.

I agree. I try not to get huffy about it, but after dealing with tons of binges, it has little to do with the actual amount of food. Just the eating for the sake of eating and not enjoying or having the control to stop it.
  • Siansonea
    Options
    Lovin' all the responses. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Siansonea
    Options
    tumblr_mtv3fslF7L1sj3oxho1_500.gif

:bigsmile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    joey-not-even-sorry.gif
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I don't think that constitutes as a binge. A binge, to me, is eating and eating until you're sick to your stomach because you ate too much food too quickly, to the point where you just downed 3k calories or something. You're mentally ill and need to seek help if you binge.

So no worries :D
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options

You go, girl ! so glad you enjoyed the little SIDE-step. and that you don't feel guilty.
    Most label it as a BACK-step & totally freak.
    as long as it's infrequent, I'm sure you'll do just fine. :wink:

have to consume an extra 3,500 calories to gain a pound. so many forget that.
    lot's of time, it's the additional sodium that causes a temporary weight gain, that simple adjusts down in a couple of days.
  • Blessed9jaBeauty
    Blessed9jaBeauty Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    :happy: I liked that you said you didn't fall off the wagon, "you just leaned out a bit." #Classic
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I did that too last night, and I will echo the sentiments - it doesn't really constitute as a binge.

I'm in maintenance, and I eat at a slight deficit during the week so I can eat at a surplus one to days on the weekend where I may go over a significant amount.

Last night hubby and I went out for dinner. We went to this spectacular Vietnamese restaurant. I had two glasses of wine, two spring rolls, Pad Thai for an entree, followed by dessert (ginger ice cream with cooked peaches) and ccffee.

I don't feel guilty at all, and enjoyed the meal immensely.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Love this!!! I totally agree... if you are gonna over eat, do it properly and make it worth it with tasty foods. You have the other 364 days to get back on track. Weight gain isn't done with one day.