30 Day Shred!

Options

Replies

• MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Works very well, I lost 20lbs with the dvd...
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting level 2 tomorrow. I did 10 days of level 1 with one rest day after. I ended up with really sore knees and feet from the cardio jumping, so I modified. I was able to go up to heavier weights during level 1, and my number of pushups increased. The abs sections were easy for me, so I would try to sneak in extra reps while she talked. I don't know that it's contributed much to any weight loss, but I think I'm toning up a bit. I don't have pictures, just measurements and I'm going to wait until I'm done with level 3 to remeasure.
  • arcticflower
    arcticflower Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did level 1 and 2 yesterday to give myself a kickstart and then regretted it today because I'm so sore. Today I just did some jumping jacks and jogging on the spot for 15 minutes. I will get back into level 1 tomorrow. Let's DO this!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I started today! My first attempt at restarting it after my surgery this summer. Glad to be a part of this group!
  • ellie2510
    Options
    Just completed day 4. Much harder first thing in the morning!
  • lethalbanana
    lethalbanana Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! So on Day 2 today!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    How do you guys log the exercise and do you do something in addition?

Thanks!
  • vamosporfavor
    Options
    I did level one, day one yesterday. I'm semi proud of myself. I had to stop a couple of times for water breaks and couldn't do the bicycle crunches so had to improvise, but I did it. Day 2 today after I come home from work.
  • emilynw10
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 1 today! :) I didn't take pictures or measure, but I have an idea of how much I weigh and how my clothes fit. Maybe I'll measure now just out of curiosity. I'm also on day 7 of a 2-week sugar-free challenge. That's much more difficult for me!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I did level one, day one yesterday. I'm semi proud of myself. I had to stop a couple of times for water breaks and couldn't do the bicycle crunches so had to improvise, but I did it. Day 2 today after I come home from work.

Kept getting mine mixed up, it was funny, my daughter was giggling with me LOL!!

I'm on Day 2 as well...
  • carrysa
    carrysa Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    yay! I"m starting 30 day shred tomorrow! i've seen such amazing results that its motivated me to give it a try! ive always struggle with a little extra fat...im not big but i definitely am chubby!...im really excited to start being a healthier me!...We got this!...its how bad we want it!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday. I've started it before and got half way before stopping. I was losing lots of inches. Yesterday I did Day 1, Level 1 and stayed at the high end of my heart rate and sometimes out of my heart rate zone. (according to my HRM). This workout is no joke.
  • amontanye
    amontanye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I actually started this on the 8th. I needed to get some sort of strength training in to go with the running I like to do. This at least is getting me started in that area.
  • ChickenLittle1121
    ChickenLittle1121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend 30 Day Shred. Ripped in 30 is also good, but a little bit harder; just something to keep in mind for the inevitable boredom of the routine that'll hit you around day 15 lol If you keep up with it, though, and keep an eye on your food portions, I think you'll be pleased with the results. I started 30DS right out of college and lost about 50lbs; I've been floundering a bit since then, but I can't deny the positive effects that program had on my weight loss journey. Good luck to you!

EDIT: I should add that it took more than one cycle of 30DS to lose that much. The first cycle through, I didn't lose much in terms of lbs, but I dropped 3 pants sizes :)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    How are you all logging this? I am doing crossfit and I log it as moderate impact aerobics. Didnt know if I should log 30ds the same or not.
  • claire31373
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of level 1 & really enjoying it. Combining it with calorie controlled diet as really need to get my weight down. I can feel results already :)

Day 4 was my hardest day & i really wanted to give up, my muscles were so sore & everything burned but day 5 was much much better.

Strangely looking forward to level 2
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I already do Zumba for 1 hour on Mon, Tues, Thurs and then jog/walk 2 miles on Wed and Sunday. However, I had bought 30 ds for after the holidays to incorporate into my workout. My 15 almost 16 year old daughter decided she wants us to do it NOW! So after my Zumba/planking class I've been doing 30 day shred with her, today is day three. I'm dying, but I'm pressing through and at a better rate than my daughter. Sad I know, she quit all sports 2 years ago when her boobs developed to a size E! She's decided she's tired of sitting by and watching others play. So she's going back into basketball and wants to get back into shape. I'm very proud of her for stepping up and doing it. We both took panty/bra before pics and will do more I guess about every 10 days. Not sure if we will post or not....we are both very self conscious and no one wants to see that mess anyway.(actually I know she will not, not going to allow it, but I prob won't either)
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    How are you all logging this? I am doing crossfit and I log it as moderate impact aerobics. Didnt know if I should log 30ds the same or not.

I use my Polar FT4 HRM
  • vamosporfavor
    Options
    L1d2 completed yesterday!!! I was also thinking of doing before pics but seeing as I have no full length mirror it'll be kind of hard. So I might just do a full size picture in clothes at work and wear the same outfit 30ish days later to see a difference
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/52006-30-day-shred-buddies-

Come on over ladies, we started on the 11th November.

See ya there.:drinker: