HELP! Losing weight when I am suppose to be maintaining

Options
Hi MFP Community! I need some advice.

I reached my goal weight of 120lbs one month ago so I am suppose to be maintaining. BUT.... I am losing more weight instead. I know I am suppose to eat 1620 cal a day excluding exercise. I am currently 111 lbs I eat on average 800 cal a day and I exercise on average 70 mins everyday. I guess the better question to ask is how do I stop losing weight without having to eat 1620 cal? I do fear gaining back all the weight I worked so hard to lose if I let myself go and eat till I reach 1620 cal. I do not want to be at my current weight though because I don't look or feel good being at my current weight. I want to be back at my suppose to be healthy and maintaining weight. What should I do? If anyone could help me I would be very appreciative!

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something? You're wondering how to not lose weight while eating at a deficit? You're eating 800 calories a day and wondering why you keep losing weight?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    multiple posts wont get you a different answer....
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. You know that. You can have two pieces of buttered toast with a glass of orange juice and use 500 calories. Do it. Nothing horrible will happen. I promise.

The question you need to ask yourself is: How do I get over my IRRATIONAL fear of gaining weight and learn to eat in a healthy way. You have made a huge achievement you want to hold onto. Your next challenge is to develop a healthy relationship with food and your body.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    multiple posts wont get you a different answer....

This.... If you don't like the answer to the question then stop asking. Eat your body needs food and seek professional help
  • TNM2014
    TNM2014 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You HAVE TO EAT MORE!!! If you don't want to go up to 1600 or so calories , fine but at least get back up to 1200:ohwell:
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Continue logging and reach 1620 cals a day. The whole ida of maintaining is that you won't make it back up to where you were at, because that's the definition of maintaining. If you just let yourself go and eat whatever you want, of course you'll gain the weight back. You can't eat nothing and expect to stay at a healthy weight though.

If you find it hard to eat that much, slowly increase just like you slowly decreased your intake.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Increase calories slowly until you stop losing weight.

One of the problems a lot of folks have with logging is that it's VERY difficult to accurately track calories. What you think is 800 calories per day may actually be 1000 or 1200 or more. Adding and additional 800 calories to that might push you over maintenance (plus there's the whole reacclimation period which can cause some wonky results on the scale). Add a couple hundred calories to your daily intake every other week until you find equilibrium.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Your first step is to look into getting help for the potential ED you acquired along the way.
  • 77sheep
    Options
    i would shoot for 1200 calories a day and see how that goes. Also lessenin your workout to 40 minutes and no more...anything more is detrimental to you physically. Replace the workout time that you deduct with reading a Proverb and 5 Psalms out of the Bible every day and you'll be amazed what that simple thing will do for you! Loosing weight is lots of work and you've done great! Now you'll have to work just as hard to get it back to where you want it! Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more than 800 calories a day. If you are eating that little because you think you shouldnt eat a lot then you need to get professional help. If you are eating that little tho because you dont have time then try buying those already made fruit smothies and stuff for the road. They pack a lot of vitamins in them and should add atleast 200 more calories to you day. Keep packages of almonds and a banana in your purse so you have two snacks both around 100 calories there too.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    i would shoot for 1200 calories a day and see how that goes. Also lessenin your workout to 40 minutes and no more...anything more is detrimental to you physically. Replace the workout time that you deduct with reading a Proverb and 5 Psalms out of the Bible every day and you'll be amazed what that simple thing will do for you! Loosing weight is lots of work and you've done great! Now you'll have to work just as hard to get it back to where you want it! Keep up the good work! :happy:

Wat.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    gradually eat more calories.. add them in slowly week by week
  • scs2de
    Options
    I agree with Emily. That's what I did after I lost 20 kilos. Add 50-100 calories each time and if you are still loosing weight after a week or two add another 50-100. That's what I did and it eventually worked. However I never went down to 800 calories and 70 minutes exercise. That seems like a very low amount. If you don't feel confident starting with 1600 gradually build up and see what happens.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    yes, build up slowly so this is psychologically easier for you to cope with,, also, you may see some water weight gain at the start, but don't panic as it is highly unlikely this is fat
  • no2thdk
    Options
    Go online to a calorie calculator and put in your information. It will tell you for your height and current weight and exercise amount what you NEED to eat in order to maintain. It is normal for someone to fluctuaute 5lbs up or 5lbs down. Good Luck and Great Work on your weight loss!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    :noway: have a medical, just to be on the safe side. Could be thyroid.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Ok, oddest advice I've ever seen.........

Seriously OP you're wondering why you are still losing weight when you don't even reach 1000 calories a day? Find a doctor and get help for your ED like someone above stated and start eating again before you do some serious damage to your body.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Troll......?
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    This has to be a troll post. Nobody is that dumb.
  • Beckaroo94
    Options
    You're eating 800 calories and exercising 70 mins a day and losing weight? That's weird. Maybe go to the doctors

:explode: