HELP! Losing weight when I am suppose to be maintaining

2»

Replies

• i would shoot for 1200 calories a day and see how that goes. Also lessenin your workout to 40 minutes and no more...anything more is detrimental to you physically. Replace the workout time that you deduct with reading a Proverb and 5 Psalms out of the Bible every day and you'll be amazed what that simple thing will do for you! Loosing weight is lots of work and you've done great! Now you'll have to work just as hard to get it back to where you want it! Keep up the good work! :happy:

is this real life? lmao
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    I don't understand why you're confused. You're eating less than half of what you're supposed to be eating and that's why you're still losing weight.
  • natsukokaito
    natsukokaito Posts: 8 Member
    I am so sorry for the multiple post. I only meant to post once but my computer lagged on me so I had to refresh and I didn't know if my post was posted the first time so I re-posted again. I didn't know how to delete post ( this is my first post >.<) Again, please don't be mad MFP community I am not trying to get multiple of different answers from two different post.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Cake
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Hi MFP Community! I need some advice.

I reached my goal weight of 120lbs one month ago so I am suppose to be maintaining. BUT.... I am losing more weight instead. I know I am suppose to eat 1620 cal a day excluding exercise. I am currently 111 lbs I eat on average 800 cal a day and I exercise on average 70 mins everyday. I guess the better question to ask is how do I stop losing weight without having to eat 1620 cal? I do fear gaining back all the weight I worked so hard to lose if I let myself go and eat till I reach 1620 cal. I do not want to be at my current weight though because I don't look or feel good being at my current weight. I want to be back at my suppose to be healthy and maintaining weight. What should I do? If anyone could help me I would be very appreciative!

You "know" your daily goal for maintenance is 1620, yet you report you eat an average of 800, along with exercising 70 mins each day (which, of course, you're not eating back), and you're asking a forum how to stop losing weight?

If this is a troll, you need to try harder.

Otherwise, just read your own post for the answer.
  • natsukokaito
    Thank you those who have gave great advice. Sadly this is how I ate for a month after I was suppose to be maintaining. It is an eye opener after reading all the comments that I do need to increase my cal intake. Like some said I can do it slowly, but I really do need to increase my intake. You guys were harsh, but honest and truthful. This is what I needed to open my eyes. It's different when you hear it from strangers who don't know you. Again, thank you guys so much. I really appreciate all the suggestions that were given and I will make a change once again. This time a change for a better and HEALTHIER me.
  • natsukokaito
    nope not a troll post sadly... I guess it's hard to believe this is how I was eating huh?
  • natsukokaito
    You "know" your daily goal for maintenance is 1620, yet you report you eat an average of 800, along with exercising 70 mins each day (which, of course, you're not eating back), and you're asking a forum how to stop losing weight?

If this is a troll, you need to try harder.

Otherwise, just read your own post for the answer.
    [/quote]

Nope not a troll post =(
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    i would shoot for 1200 calories a day and see how that goes. Also lessenin your workout to 40 minutes and no more...anything more is detrimental to you physically. Replace the workout time that you deduct with reading a Proverb and 5 Psalms out of the Bible every day and you'll be amazed what that simple thing will do for you! Loosing weight is lots of work and you've done great! Now you'll have to work just as hard to get it back to where you want it! Keep up the good work! :happy:

Thank you for the good laugh today. This has to be the most unique advice ever offered on MFP. Replace workout time with bible reading. Amazing. Great stuff!
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    i would shoot for 1200 calories a day and see how that goes. Also lessenin your workout to 40 minutes and no more...anything more is detrimental to you physically. Replace the workout time that you deduct with reading a Proverb and 5 Psalms out of the Bible every day and you'll be amazed what that simple thing will do for you! Loosing weight is lots of work and you've done great! Now you'll have to work just as hard to get it back to where you want it! Keep up the good work! :happy:

Thank you for the good laugh today. This has to be the most unique advice ever offered on MFP. Replace workout time with bible reading. Amazing. Great stuff!

Our bodies here are merely temporary vessels. Where will your abs be in 100 years?

Edifying our spiritual well-being will have consequences everlasting.
  • SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Seriously? You wonder? 800 on average is WAY too low! You should have at least 1200...
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Hi MFP Community! I need some advice.

I reached my goal weight of 120lbs one month ago so I am suppose to be maintaining. BUT.... I am losing more weight instead. I know I am suppose to eat 1620 cal a day excluding exercise. I am currently 111 lbs I eat on average 800 cal a day and I exercise on average 70 mins everyday. I guess the better question to ask is how do I stop losing weight without having to eat 1620 cal? I do fear gaining back all the weight I worked so hard to lose if I let myself go and eat till I reach 1620 cal. I do not want to be at my current weight though because I don't look or feel good being at my current weight. I want to be back at my suppose to be healthy and maintaining weight. What should I do? If anyone could help me I would be very appreciative!
    Seek medical help.
  • I suggest you use it healthy weight loss, healthy weight loss is not difficult, in one sentence, exercise plus diet, it must pay attention to diet: balanced nutrition, but also strictly control the intake of calories, this is my personal experience, I before eating hormone, a lot of fat, sick after a good man like bread made ​​up of the same, but, after nearly two years to lose weight, I've been close to ordinary people!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Thank you those who have gave great advice. Sadly this is how I ate for a month after I was suppose to be maintaining. It is an eye opener after reading all the comments that I do need to increase my cal intake. Like some said I can do it slowly, but I really do need to increase my intake. You guys were harsh, but honest and truthful. This is what I needed to open my eyes. It's different when you hear it from strangers who don't know you. Again, thank you guys so much. I really appreciate all the suggestions that were given and I will make a change once again. This time a change for a better and HEALTHIER me.

It's nice to see someone recognize good advice, and take it as intended. Good luck with upping your calories, and if you find that you still struggle with that psychologically, seek medical advice.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    dont count calories
    eat normally
    and get busy in something else that is life!!
    and stop worrying :)

dont gain weight back but give yourself treats by eating out or making delicious food at home!!
    u will love food again!!
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    The laws of physics apply to you too- That's why they're called "laws". Calories in. calories out......

490 minutes per week of exercise is not needed by anyone maintain a healthy state. Do yourself a favor and limit it to four days a week max, Three would be better. As a side benefit you'll have more free time to enjoy life.

Fat (healthy dietary fat that is) is your friend. Nuts and a lot of olive oil on your salad will get your calorie consumption up nicely.

ETA: never understood the "troll" thing. I guess trolls are really bored to take the time to elicit a response form others. But it is hard to believe someone could be so unaware of a solution when they know what the problem is.