A cry for help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    if you have 150 pounds to lose, then you should be able to lose a larger amount of weight at first than a lot of people. im not being rude, but the larger you are, the faster the weight loss in the begining. if you are upwards of 300 pounds, then you should be able to lose 2 pounds a week, easily, possibly 3 with hard work and exercise! lets say you have 16 weeks until your wedding, thats a loss of 32-48 pounds... but like i said, thats 100% dedication... better get to work!
    Agreed. I started at 300lbs in late July '12 and by the end of Sept '12 had lost 30lbs (over about ten weeks). However, after that initial first push, i joined MFP and I stayed at a 2lb per week loss and now, closer to goal, I only try for .5lb loss a week. Too aggressive of a deficit is not sustainable long term. But as someone else commented, think more in terms of your first anniversary. Much progress can be made in a year of hard work and dedication, both myself, and the lady I am quoting, are living proof of that.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    With 150 to lose you can lose a lot pretty fast without any issues. My first few months I was losing 10+ lbs easily with close to 100 lbs to lose. You will hate it, you will be constantly hungry and it will be HARD but yes you can lose pretty close to 50 lbs if you can manage to stick to it - I could not do 1200 for longer than a couple months.

Set your goal on MFP for 2 lbs / week. Eat your 1200 NET (which means eat back some exercise) drink a ton of water and you will lose fast the first couple months. Eventually you should adjust your calories upwards so that you do not have such an aggressive deficit but with that much weight it won't hurt you to under eat for a while. Personally I recommend it for a couple months for people who have more than 100 lbs (or close) to lose because of the super huge boost to your moral that you get when the weight comes off fast. Just remember it is NOT meant to keep coming off at that rate (nor will it) if you intend to keep it off for any length of time.