Rocky Horror Picture Show

Options
A friend and I were chatting the other day about what our favorite movie of all time was. I said the "Rocky Horror Picture Show". She said that was her favorite movie as well. I absolutely LOVE this movie. I have seen it about 30 times and it never gets old. It's something about Tim Curry in lingerie. *Shivers*. I know how that sounds, but if you have seen this movie, you would understand where I am coming from. Anyway, back on track. I was wondering how many people out there have seen this movie, and who would you go dressed as to a showing in the theaters. I would go as "Magenta", just cuz I love her outfit at the end of the movie. :wink:

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I HAVE gone as Magenta! :)

I've probably seen this movie 50 or 60 times. One of my favorites.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Never seen it.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I HAVE gone as Magenta! :)

I've probably seen this movie 50 or 60 times. One of my favorites.

<<<< Me too!!! That was my first time ever last year! It was so awesome!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I like it too. Do kids watch it anymore? Does it still has it's cult following or are we mid-30'ers the last of that era?
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The Rocky Horror Show is even better than going to the Rockery Horror Picture Show....seeing it live is awesome and getting to interact with the actors! I've seen the movie more times than I can count and the stage show 2x.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Saw it when I was about 11 years old. Never mind Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon could wake anyone's sexuality. Dayum.............
  • Firefighter4ever
    Options
    "I'm just a sweet transvestite"
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! My daughter (16) thinks it is weird but one of her friends thinks it is amazing and is obsessed. I love knowing all the words and actions, it is so much fun!!!
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Back in my partying days, this was something my friends and I would do on a Friday night after we were half tight. Yep... we brought rice to throw during the wedding scene.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i've only seen a couple of time i would go as the father its not the first time i put on a dress. twice for halloween and once as a dare
  • DaniellaB1995
    DaniellaB1995 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love it! Me and my boyfriend saw it in the theatre when the West End version was doing a UK tour before going to London, it was great! We wouldve dressed up but it was a last minute thing so we didn't have time to get the costumes together :(
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yup, love it!
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    18 years old and I've seen this movie at least 20 times since I was 12 :) I love it! I would definitely dress as Columbia!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Seen it a bajillion times. I've been in 3 shadow casts (twice as Frank) and loved doing shows. I try to go to showings at least a couple times a year. I always go dressed as Frank. It's a great chance for me to let my inner exhibitionist out. I look smokin' hot in a corset and garters.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    A Theater near me still shows it every other Sat night. Love it!!!!

tumblr_mtq9oxPOZl1r7q26fo1_500.gif
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    18 years old and I've seen this movie at least 20 times since I was 12 :) I love it! I would definitely dress as Columbia!

I've gone as Columbia too. LOL

I have a real problem.

I turned my daughter onto it as well (she loves it, and she's 20).
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Love RHPS. Used to go see midnight showings when I was younger.

tumblr_lbgi2bKBDN1qbqb2ho1_400.gif
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I honestly never truly grasped the full appeal. To me it's a fun, campy cult classic...but that's it. My closest friends are absolutely obsessed though!

I've gone to midnight showings though, a lot, all back in the 1990s. I went as Columbia twice, but usually just casually dressed.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like it too. Do kids watch it anymore? Does it still has it's cult following or are we mid-30'ers the last of that era?

College kids still watch it and it has a sort of cult-esque feel around halloween. They play it in the campus theatre and everyone dresses up and there are contests and such.

I saw it once, and I just couldn't do all the...crazy. The movie itself wasn't that bad, but when people started throwing toast at the screen and toilet paper I just couldn't handle it.
  • Ravenous4Captain
    Ravenous4Captain Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    "I'm just a sweet transvestite"

"From Transexual, Transylvania". Love it!!!