Rocky Horror Picture Show

Options

Replies

• Beckaroo94
    Options
    I love it!! I went through a faze of watching it everyday and listening to the sound track all the time. Drove my housemates crazy. Sadly I don't think I'm brave/fit enough to wear a themed outfit, though I love magenta. Maybe some day :)
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    love love love that movie.
  • Ravenous4Captain
    Ravenous4Captain Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I went through a faze of watching it everyday and listening to the sound track all the time. Drove my housemates crazy. Sadly I don't think I'm brave/fit enough to wear a themed outfit, though I love magenta. Maybe some day :)

I know what you mean. I want to be skinny enough by next Halloween to be able to go as Magenta to a live showing. I can't wait!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Never seen it but damn Susan Sarandon was hot back in her prime!!!
  • amie709
    Options
    A friend and I were chatting the other day about what our favorite movie of all time was. I said the "Rocky Horror Picture Show". She said that was her favorite movie as well. I absolutely LOVE this movie. I have seen it about 30 times and it never gets old. It's something about Tim Curry in lingerie. *Shivers*. I know how that sounds, but if you have seen this movie, you would understand where I am coming from. Anyway, back on track. I was wondering how many people out there have seen this movie, and who would you go dressed as to a showing in the theaters. I would go as "Magenta", just cuz I love her outfit at the end of the movie. :wink:

Makes you shiver!?!? Does it make you wanna take Charles Atlas by the ha-ha-hand?? LOL

Dr. Frank N. Furter!! Everything that he has on when he so perfectly dramatically takes that cape off during Sweet transvestite but I want to wear the leather jacket too. Totally getting my hair and make up done to match when I go to see this...within the next 3 years. I'm making it as one of my official goals and make that checked off my bucket list!!

And Tim Curry in drag is one of the sexiest things that I have ever seen!! Him and Davie Bowie in Labyrinth!! I told my BFF once that I thought I might have some deep sexuality issues cause I think the hottest guys are the ones that look like girls and she told me "nope-your just an 80's kid!" and that's true!! All the hotties had long teased hair and make up!! remember how crushed you were when Jon Bon Jovi cut his hair!?!?

And when I get to see it live I will definately be putting some pics here!!

And I totally love everything about this movie!! Right from the time they enter the castle straight through til the end!! My oldest girl could do the Time Warp by the time she was 5 lol. And it's not a movie I ever watch either-when I put this movie on it's a sing and dance along event lol.

I found the Rocky Horror Tribute Show a few years ago so I have that one burned off now too. Loved that one too!
  • amie709
    Options
    Never seen it but damn Susan Sarandon was hot back in her prime!!!

Slowly slowly it's too nice a job to rush!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I would have to say Janet...not brave enough to dress like anyone else..
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Magenta is my favorite as well.
    I first watched this movie with my dad's cousin, who was like a brother to my dad, and therefore like an uncle to me. He passed away at the age of 50 a few years ago from complications of Type 1 Diabetes and at the funeral I said to my second cousin "Your dad introduced me to Rocky Horror and I'm so glad".
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like it too. Do kids watch it anymore? Does it still has it's cult following or are we mid-30'ers the last of that era?

Yup, we've done it since high school. In college, I don't think it was as popular at my university but there was always a decent turn out. Not as many people dressed up, but my (now) husband went as Frank N Furter and got a standing ovation when he walked in the theater (I'm good at makeup, but he has Tim Curry eyebrows and legs).
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've seen it a few hundred times and can recite the entire movie by heart lol. I've gone to a few midnight shows, Columbia was always my character of choice :smile:
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    One of my all-time favorites! I own the movie, which I originally had to special order through the base exchange, in like 2003. I went to my first live show here in Norfolk, got spanked with the oar and all....so I'm no virgin. ;)

I've never actually dressed as a character, but my husband has. =D
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Davie Bowie in Labyrinth!!

David Bowie :love: :love: :love:
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Rocky Horror Picture Show. I have watched the movie too many times to count.
    I actually know someone who was in the film (one of the "time warp" dancers).

I was going out with a guy and he had never seen it before, we had him watch it, and he didn't get it. That was my first real clue that he was going to have to go, we broke up soon after that.
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    Great movie, love the songs!
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Went as a virgin to see it in Liverpool in 1992. Richard O'Brien played riff-raff. Awesome, simply awesome.

There is something so inherently sexual about the whole show - Christopher Biggins aside :wink:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Even my mum loves it and as seen the live theatre show twice. She's 75
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I love this film :love:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I like it too. Do kids watch it anymore? Does it still has it's cult following or are we mid-30'ers the last of that era?

I've known every step since elementary school. :wink:

tumblr_laeua58pIE1qb7rta.gif
  • Firefighter4ever
    Options
    "Lets' do the time warp again"

Been singing this all friggin day since i saw this thread.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Can I just go as Meatloaf's date???? I love me some Meat!