People who have lost 100 or more Pounds?

Options
124»

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    BUMP...
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I started at 250 lbs my height is 5'1.5 and I lost 133 lbs with 10 more to or around that much. I been logging every day for 816 days now. So it's taken me a little over 2 years, but lost 100 + in a year time, the closer I get the more it starts to slow down. Also routine in my schedule lately has put some damper in it, it's all starting to workout though.

I copied and pasted my story from my About me section on my profile.

When I was growing up I didn't really start getting heavy till I was 10, I started to slim up in my teenage years but was never "Thin". I was always on the hefty end of the weight rim. When I was 14, I was like 5 foot tall. I weighed 140lbs. I remember this because I remember a cousin and I having a conversation, she asked me how much I weighed, and I told her 140, that is what the scale that day said. I didn't weigh myself all the time then, I wasn't obsessed with it and didn't really "care" how much I weighed. To me back then it was no big deal. Well I remember her saying "Oh wow, you hold your weight very good."

When I was 19 I met my husband, didn't care much for him when I met him. We started dating about a month after I met him and yeah he grew on me lol. I remember going to the beach with him and my best friend at the time and her boyfriend. I never "Owned" a bikini of my own, but a friend let me wear one of hers and honestly now that I think about it, I looked awful in it. I was about 150 lbs then, and I was 5'1.5 which is my current height. I don't know why I thought I needed a bikini then, urg. Live and learn I guess.

I ended up pregnant with my son in 2003, I was 20 when I found out I was pregnant, 21 when I had him. During my pregnancy I gained about 50 lbs. After I had him, you can forget about me fitting into any of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I got down to 180, but couldn't get passed that. I ended up falling into postpartum depression. Honestly I think it was more like Postpartum Psychosis. I was hospitalized for it for about 2 weeks. After I was out of the hospital I was medicated with anti depressants and anxiety medication. It caused me to gain weight. I was also on the birth control shot which caused me to gain weight. I have no idea my weight, I just know my pant size went from a 14 to an 18 and 20.

In September of 2009 my husband got in an accident at work that caused him to be out of work for awhile. So stress was put on me to figure out how to bring in some money. Also in September of 2009, my dad had a heart attack and found out he was a diabetic in the same day. This was an eye opener for me. I had signs of being a diabetic but I ignored it. In October of 2009 this photo was taken of me and found it on my friends facebook page, she tagged me in it, and honestly it made me sick. I was in denial that this was actually me. I couldn't believe this was me, I thought it was a sick joke, I didn't see that girl in the mirror, I seen a thinner girl. When I seen myself I only had 1 chin, not 3. I did not have an obese problem in my mind. I just ignored it and walked away. Come 2010, I found myfitnesspal.com and thought I'd try to lose some weight. I joined and was ready, then in April of 2010, I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. By May 2010 I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. I started seeing a diabetic doctor and also started seeing a nutritionist. By my last doctor appointment, I lost 70 lbs. I went from 250 lbs down to 180 lbs. Yes you can lose weight while pregnant, if it's needed. I was monitored by 2 different doctors and both said the same thing, that I was doing everything right. My baby girl was born healthy and only 7 lbs 9 oz. She's a happy healthy little girl.

Well after she was born I very quickly gained 25.5 lbs back. I used MFP during my pregnancy for carb counting for my diabetes but lost my access.

September 22, 2011 - This is the day my life changed! This is when I was reborn. I woke up and my baby girl was asleep, I was in the bathroom about to get into the shower, and I remember looking in the mirror, standing there naked, looking at myself in disgust. For the first time in my life I finally said it out loud "I HATE YOU" I was crying and screaming at myself "How could you let yourself go like this? You are so pathetic." I got in the shower and just cried. I got out, got dressed and went to my room, I sat on my bed and just cried some more. I was depressed and very unhappy. I started to feel sorry for myself. Then something snapped within me. "Feeling sorry for yourself isn't changing anything. If you really are this sick of yourself, what are you going to do about it? No one can change this but you. Why do you hate yourself? You made yourself this way!" So now I was blaming myself, which honestly for me it worked. So I started running this all through my head "If you are really serious about this what are you going to do?" So I got on facebook and a friend of mine posted a quote and this quote changed my life. It is now my go to quote when I feel like giving up.

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."

I've always been interested in losing weight, but I have never been committed to it. It was time to commit myself. I took a photo of myself because I wanted to always remind myself of the day my life changed.

After I dusted myself off and realized that the only way I could change is if I did it myself and not rely on anyone or anything at all. No I did not have any surgery, the only surgeries in my life I've ever had are 2 c-sections and surgery on my right arm. You may see the scar in a few of the photo's. Now in order to pick myself up and start on this path I had to tell myself that I can't better myself if I don't love myself. This is so true. So in order to love myself, I had to find 1 thing I loved about myself and let it build into more. I've always loved my eyes, so I made an attempt to dress my eyes up a lot more. I didn't do this alone, I don't believe you can do it without a support system. Now don't get me wrong, my support system didn't come from home. In fact my husband and I were having issues and he didn't believe I'd do it. He won't admit that, but I don't think he did think I would. I started to go to a weight loss clinic. At first I was a little skeptical, just wasn't sure how it would all work. Well I went in and what won me over was when he looked at me and said "Yes we want to lose weight but that's not all. We also want to lose inches, losing weight is just a number on the scale, losing inches is a whole lot more." I knew right then that this guy knew what he was doing. I went in with the mindset of "This doctor is going to focus on the number on the scale." While yeah that's important when you are as obese as I was. So he put me on a 1200 calorie diet, told me to quit drinking soda's and no fried foods. I have not had a soda in a long time. I don't miss them. I use to drink them religiously. Fried foods aren't the easiest to cut out, once in awhile I'll eat something fried and it reminds me real fast that it isn't worth it. Makes my body slow way down.
    I have worked out and still do. I did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, working on my 3rd round as of right now. My results from that, honestly that's where most my inches fell off.

You can get this workout at walmart for $10.00. I strongly suggest it. Now don't expect to lose as much as me, a lot depends on it. How hard you work at it, how much you need to lose, how much fat you have in the regions, how tall you are, a lot depends on it. Some people have had amazing results, some people haven't had as of amazing results. I promise you this though, you will get results. The more you want those results, the harder you need to work. Remember, you did not put the weight on over night, don't expect to take it off over night.

One thing I have learned through all this is, the mind is a lot stronger then we know. Our mind controls us, until we take control over our mind. You have no idea how many times I wanted to give up, how many times I didn't think I could do it. I'm not done yet by any means but I'm closer now then I've ever been before. My mom even says that she is proud of me because I stuck to it so long. I haven't really stuck to much in my life. My marriage and being a mom and now this. I don't plan on giving up, in fact my "I'm done losing weight" goal, when that is done I have so many other goals I'd like to accomplish. I hope this time next year, my stomach is showing abs and my stretch marks are nearly invisible. I have a long way for this goal but every day I get closer and closer to my weight loss goal. One thing at a time.

I want to go back to the love yourself part of this a moment. I didn't really really fall in love with myself till I started to believe in myself, and that did not happen till I seen changes. I'm sure to some people I give off the impression that I'm into myself. Ya know? I am into myself, because I love myself so much now. I have worked so hard, I deserve to love myself and honestly if people don't get that, then that is their problem. I am a great person and I have a great personality, sometimes it can be a strong personality, sometimes it can seem to be shy. Once I get to know you and the atmosphere I'm in, I eventually let loose and the real me starts to come out.

Through this process there have been many up's and many down's. I went through moments of feeling like a failure, through feeling like it's not worth it, through thinking I will never be where I want to be, to now knowing I will be to where I want to be. It takes time, it took years of putting it on, it'll not come off over night and I know this. My mind tries to tell me all the time that I can't, but when it does, I try to tell it I can and then prove it wrong. The only person that can stand in your way is the person you look back at in the mirror. I've heard excuses, I've used excuses, but until you are really ready, you will always have the perfect excuse.

Well this is my story

To add to this, I've done a few workout programs, Insanity, Power 90, Slim in 6, 30 day shred, and T25 (on my 2nd round of it.) I started out at 44 inches on my waist and now my waist is 28 inches.

Body
    lehc6.jpg

Face
    15dszux.jpg
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started 6/16/11. On 3/24/2012, I was down 100 pounds...so, a little more than 9 months (wow! I didn't realize how fast that went). On my one-year MFP anniversary, I was down 120 pounds. I hit my goal weight on 9/23/12, 15 months after starting. I've been maintaining ever since.

My blog has oodles of tips: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls
    Specifically, look at these entries:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls/view/follow-up-15-months-134-pounds-lost-at-goal-427140
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls/view/-how-did-you-do-it-262680

My "goal weight" success story thread might also be useful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/750327-15-months-134-pounds-lost-at-goal-pics-included

Thank you!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to my recent post with pics.

I lost 100 pounds in 9 months and 110 by one year. ALL natural. No surgery, no starving myself, no pills, gimmicks, etc. Just counted calories and exercised my fanny off.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1168527-110-lost-3-consecutive-years-on-mfp-today-pics
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I also accomplished my weight loss with no drugs or surgery, just using MFP.

It took me a little under 7 months to lose the first 100# with no exercising. The remaining weight I have lost took about anouther 5 months. At 7 months, I began walking. At first only 20 minutes per day. My knees were terrible. I was out of breath just walking up a flight of stairs. Now I exercise at least 1 hour per day. In fact, yesterday, I just got a home elliptical machine to use when it gets to -27 below with a -40 to -60 wind chill like it was on this past Monday.

For me, it is a constant battle. I monitor everything and probably will have to for the rest of my life, but that is the way it will be.

I know what it was like before and I know what it is like now and I will never go back to where I was pre-MFP.
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have been attending a Slimming World group (UK) sticking to the diet, and their way to get people to do more exercise, they call it "Body Magic". I started on 31st May 2013 weighing in at 329lb and Today 12th January 2014, that is just over 32 weeks I weigh 217lb. That is 112lb if my math doesn't fail me lol. I would still like to lose another 62lb that would just put me in the correct BMI range. I will do it in the next 5 month. Extreme focus I have.

You can see my results so far from my profile picture. I would love to have a few more friends on here so please feel free to add :-)
  • LouLouLemons
    Options
    This post is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing and Congratulations!! :love:
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Took me roughly 9 months.

How exactly did you do it? Specific eating program (5:2, IIFYM, etc? Special workouts (T25, C25K, etc)?

9-10 months is where I'd like to be in my perfect world! :smile:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I started in March 2012....135 gone so far........

I started by moving more along with logging every sip and bite.
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I lost 126 lbs since 2 feb 2013 till today.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It took me about 10 months to lose 100 pounds.
  • belleamour
    Options
    this thread is so inspiring! I also have 100+ to lose. way to go ladies and gentlemen, keep up the good work! :smile:
  • FoodSeaker
    FoodSeaker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Back in 2000-2001 i had reached over 380 pounds i was so young but too big, i was always reminded on how big i was, from family and other surroundings around the age of 13 i was introduce to this diet called Grapefruit Diet, low or no carbs diet and it work , and l did was walk , for nine months straight (including a weekend break once a month) i had two strips of turkey bacon 2 boiled eggs and 1/4 or 4 o.z. of Grapefruit (juice) a big salad with whatever i wanted (for lunch and dinner) with unsweetened tea and fruit juices and of course water throughout the day, i lost 180 pounds in 9 whole months on August 1rst 2003, i felt amazing , i was down 198 pounds throughout the high school years until mid 2007 (after graduation):noway: :huh: , about 70ish pounds creep ed up on me but its fine, i am a grown woman now and MAYBE the diet i was on as a child may not work for me now, so its always good for new things , HIP HOP ABS IS ONE OF THEM LET ME TELL YA! I am at 254.0 (after walking around all over time square i probably lost more lolz) i am aiming to get down to 150-130 :love: :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :indifferent: :glasses: :embarassed: to lose can't wait

Things ill be giving up
    Meat (fake meat for lyfe)
    Bread
    Starch
    Sugar
    Some seasings
    thats it so far
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I want to be one of the success stories so much!

SW 250lbs (April 2014)
    CW: 224.6lbs
    GW: 150lbs
  • FoodSeaker
    FoodSeaker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You and me both, I doubt it if they find anyone around Indiana , where i am from.... :tongue:
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little over 130lbs in about 2 1/2 years. I lost quite a bit the first year but between moving and new jobs, I took it kind of easy for awhile while I was getting settled in. But I figured slow weight loss is still better than none at all, it took me my whole life to gain it! Still plan on losing another 50-60lbs but would be happy for 25lb loss by the end of the year. Congrats to everyone for all their hard work and dedication!!! :happy:
  • Kayzia_M
    Kayzia_M Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My original goal was to loose 100lbs in one year. (it seemed like a nice round number) I started out at 5"5 and weighed 275lbs. In one year, i've lost 95lbs :) i just changed my ticker to a new goal of loosing 125lbs. I've come this far, i may as well get into that healthy weight range. Giddy up!

Good luck to you all and thanks for the inspiring stories!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Lost 100lbs in 5 months, 13 days
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!