Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Somebody forgot how to keyboard. Dear god.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    they're saving up to make a new dog! And, gag!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Just no. I would demand hazard pay.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Try being IT in a school district. I touch computers that have been touched by hundreds of children every day. But what's even more gross, the teacher's laptops! Who knows what some of them do with those things at home. No way do I want some of those laptops anywhere near my lap. Gloves and hand sanitizer are my two best friends.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I sit in one of many teleworker cubes semi-weekly and there's a big *kitten* canister of sani-wipes in amost every cube. I use them before and after each shift on the keyboard, mouse, phone, and nearby desk surfaces. Yay "work" for being proactive.

Now if they'd only provide enough IT assets (e.g. keyboards, cables, etc.) for each t-cube so they'd stop growing feet and walking away...
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    *looks down at 3 year old keyboard*

D@MN. And I wipe it down once a month too. I'm having flashbacks to Gattaca, actually. Maybe I'll bring my Saitek in tomorrow.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Never know how many people were in IT Here...

No longer do I feel alone.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Is that vomit on the keyboard? Because that's what it looks like... I know I do the no no and snack at my computer but damn!!! Mine only has the normal dust and dirt in it...
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    pennywise-down-here.gif

Wait, we're not talking about this IT?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Back when I worked in Desktop I dealt with a few of those. Usually I would just throw away the keyboard and bring them a new one.

It was always a woman too. Always. Disgusting.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    You do know that you have the right to refuse work that may affect your well being in any way, right? Pretty sure that qualifies.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    looks like recycled pizza
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Ewww.....thas awful... interested in knowing what sort of IT jobs fo u guys do? Hunting for one padt 5 years but alas

I do network design and instillations, my advice would be to get certified in whatever field you want to go into. If its networking look into Cisco and microsoft certs, if its general IT look in microsoft and comp tia. Also get any experience that you can, certs used to mean a job but not anymore.
    i would love to go in testing field but no jobs since i do not have experience :(
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I should of seent his before i had my lunch, then I would of lost my appetite

that is disgusting! i put bleach on mine in work.

bleurgh
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Try being IT in a school district. I touch computers that have been touched by hundreds of children every day. But what's even more gross, the teacher's laptops! Who knows what some of them do with those things at home. No way do I want some of those laptops anywhere near my lap. Gloves and hand sanitizer are my two best friends.
    Did IT in a school district for over 5 years,...........I know these feels, freaking getting sick like every few months
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I would have just tossed it in the trash.