so guys what's your reasons for losing weight

Options

Replies

• KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Originally I wanted to be healthy, I hated not being able to look in the mirror. 64lbs later, the truth is, I just want to feed my ego and like how muscles look on my body.

Gotta admit it, this is pretty spot on for me too.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I want to be a healthy, fit, capable badass who is up for any challenge:)!
  • ADietadaM
    ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    To feel beautifull, to feel that i control my weight, to be more healthy, to feel desire to others, to not be alone anymore, to find a partner a true love that fights for me, to see how i look skinny, to others treat me like normal person, to buy shorts and everything i like and know that will be good on me.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Mostly, I want to live for a long time and with a healthy lifestyle. Also I want to be able to sift through thrift stores and not feel excluded because everything is too small for me.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    To prove that I am a reasonably attractive person who deserves some attention from my husband. Embarrassing but that's the truth. I also wanted to be able to chase after my kids without losing my breath, dissolving into a puddle of sweat or turning red in the face.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    It was mostly vanity which spurred this weight loss journey for me. I'm lucky that I have no diseases or health issues and maybe that's also why it took me so long to decide to shed the extra weight- I didn't experience much physical discomfort. During your weight loss journey, you'll often find that the health reasons become just as or even more important than the motivation to look good. My main motivators:

1) To finally have the freedom to wear whatever I want
    2) To be the best I can be physically- to lift heavier, to run faster, to nail those challenging yet cool yoga poses, etc.
    3) To have the confidence to live life to the fullest and not have my weight hold me back
    4) To live a long, healthy and happy life
    5) To set a good example for my dad. We both love food, but I want him to realize that you can love food and still eat healthy and not let your weight spiral out of control
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Aaron Sorkin put it best in "Sports Night": "He did it the same reason anyone did anything. To impress women."

Sure, I want to be healthy and live forever. Yet, the true reason is that I feel like the deck is stacked against me and I want to do what I can to get women to find me more attractive.
  • BreNic18
    Options
    To tell the world basically the truth. I'm tired of being alone. I would like that someone to look at me like I'm attractive and would want to hold me. I mean I'm already 5' 10. I shouldn't be obese too.
  • gina_nz_
    gina_nz_ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Basically because I feel gross. When it gets to the end of the day and you feel like you're dragging your body around it gets really tiring. Also in a couple of years I want to try and start a family. For years I've been on antidepressants which made it a struggle to lose weight,created a lot of cravings and made me really unmotivated. Been off for 6 months and starting to be healthier and more motivated.

I want to see a photo of myself and think I look good instead of un-tagging myself in gross photos on Facebook.

And mainly because being healthy makes me feel happy.
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It was because I saw a picture of myself and didn't like it, am maintaining now.
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    To be healthy, mostly. Also to look good.

I have a lot of clothes but couldn't fit into most of them anymore! I didn't want to have to buy an entire new wardrobe, and definitely did not want to start shopping in plus sizes!

And, I'm moving to Florida next year and I can't stand the way I look in a bikini...
  • Emmetkelly
    Emmetkelly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    At first it was because I was uncomfortable at my weight. I was lonely and thought losing weight would help me find someone. I also wanted to wear cute clothes. When I felt more confident (and not at my goal, but at my half way point of 50 lbs), I bought summer dresses, shirts that I liked, pants that fit, and put myself out there. I've got someone now, and fell off the wagon a bit. As soon as the weight started coming back, I felt less confident and started getting depressed. I'm back on the diet train, not only to feel better, but so that when I'm standing up by my sister at her wedding next summer, I'll look fabulous in her pictures.
  • LJTetz
    LJTetz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had many many different motivating factors over the years. Right now it's to get to a healthy pre-pregnancy weight in order to have a safe and comfortably pregnancy with little complications.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Hated being fat. Holiday photos and just seeing myself in the mirror on vacation made me realize something had to change. Getting two clients who worked in fitness, one had lost a substantial amount of weight. Feeling like I could do it after I stopped eating bread (worked for me not saying anyone else has to do this).

Knew I was and am a physical person who loved to do athletic things but had lost her way. Somehow I got the gift of motivation and ability to take action and grabbed it with both hands and haven't let go.

Just wanted to have my body back, wanted to feel beautiful again and wanted to wear normal clothes. Wanted to feel proud of my appearance. Wanted to stop making stupid jokes about being fat and wanted to feel like me again.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Vain reason...I want to be hott. My 10 year HS reunion is in 2015 and I want to be the hottest one there :)
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Returned to kickboxing after almost 13 years and wanted to be more flexible to catch up with youngsters. And in early 30's ti's time to do something for yourself !
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Quality of life.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Avoiding all the medical bills of genetic diseases in my family: diabetes, heart disease etc.
    I want to be a rocking old grandma with a strong body that allows me to LIVE!
    Been overweight my whole life, and would really like to come to a place where I am proud of my body. :smile:
  • abbiemcarrington
    Options
    I just want to be able to be proud of myself. I've battled with my weight for as long as I can remember, and my mother mad weight loss surgery...I want to avoid going down that path. However genetics are working against me bigtime.