1 year success NSV

Options
vendygirl
vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
1 year ago I was laying in my bed twisted and broken. I had re-injured my lower back playing broomball(look it up if you don't know what it is). I had been slammed into the ice repeatedly by some d-bag who takes recreational sports way to seriously. I couldn't stand up straight, I was twisting to the left, I couldn't sit or stand for any length of time without pain. It sucked. I was out of work for a week and I spent 4 months trying different treatments and Physical Therapy just trying to get back to normal. Finally I gave and said I would get a steroid shot as nothing else worked. I had 1 shot (normally it wears off and you get a 2nd or a 3rd one to help but I was lucky and determined to NOT have to get a 2nd one). It was not something I wanted to do.

Luckily the 1 shot seems to help. I started working out again, very slowly. Walking mostly then gradually bringing yoga back in, TRX and light cardio. This whole time I was attempting to lose weight and was failing. I still haven't budge as pound but I haven't given up. I was determined to keep my fitness up. I had ups and downs and breaks form working out. I struggled I will admit. However I have always come back to the gym. I am stronger. I haven't found my magic mix yet but I am still going. I finally decided to start stronglifts 5x5.

Monday I squatted 60lbs, overhead pressed 50lbs and deadlifted 40lbs. Not bad for a girl who a year ago was laying in a bed broken and twisted. All with a bum back. I call this a NSV victory!

Replies

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You will keep getting stronger! It's so great that you can appreciate your body for what it can do as it heals. Go, you!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You have made a tremendous amount of progress. Victory, for sure!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I guess it goes without saying that you feel so much better than you did before in addition to your weight lifting accomplishments.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!