Women- Have any ladies out there lost 60 lbs in 6 months?

Options
124»

Replies

• texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Don't ask .. just go for it ... get as far as you can without second guessing your ability to do it ... SOMETHING IS POSSIBLE .... you will get somewhere and that is better than where you are now right?

Looks like you got some great role models and potential support here just by starting the thread! Good luck!! :)

Now that I like!!!!!
  • ebabcock2014
    ebabcock2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm at 56 lbs. lost in almost 6 months - I have a week to go to hit 6 months. It wasn't difficult and I didn't starve myself - just ate healthy, filling foods to get the most out of calorie count and exercised at least 5 days a week. The loss has definitely slowed down at this point, but I expected that. I have quite a bit more to lose, but I'm not going to put a ridiculous goal on myself - slow and steady wins the race!
  • lnettles5179
    lnettles5179 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started in April and as of July I have lost 34 lbs with eating better and exercise. So it's possible!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs in 10 months. Lower calories plus exercise.
  • phishyy
    phishyy Posts: 1
    Options
    i lost 40 lbs in three months. I went hiking about 5x a week and went vegan.
  • MrsH1987
    MrsH1987 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I lost around 70lbs in 6 months. I walk a lot (don't drive and my job can involve being on my feet for the whole 12.5 hour shift), go to the gym and my calorie allowance has been between 1200-1500 a day
  • arlettasloan5
    arlettasloan5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, my mom lost 100 lbs in approximately a year (maybe a touch less) by following the basic diabetic diet.
    There are many people who lost around 50 lbs. in 11 weeks or so, following the older version of the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet and all of them that I have seen posting, since, say that the weight stayed off as promised.

I lost 50 lbs and most of it was in about 4 months. This was doing mainly three things:

1)Conscious exercising for 2-10 minutes, 3 x a day (aerobic, non-impact, but, fairly high intensity); and, just telling myself to walk to a store instead of getting a ride, get up and wash the dish NOW, get your own ... whatever it was .. and doing more for other people than they were doing for me.

Part of conscious exercising is really making sure the muscles are being used, rather than momentum doing most of the work of moving body parts.

2) Adding in more vegetables and fruit, in that order. If I made spaghetti, I added in a lot of mushrooms, chopped eggplant and zucchini, onion, green onion, parsley, cilantro, bell peppers, whatever... I would make huge salads of spinach, lettuce, mustard greens, collard greens, kale, mint, parsley (some or all of those) and add in other things like tomato and cucumber and radishes and avocados, seeds, etc. as the mood struck me. Found out a lot of salsa and a little mayo makes a very, very satisfying salad dressing, as does avocado with a little spice. If I made sandwiches, I added lots of sliced veggies. If I wanted a snack, I had a grapefruit or an orange or apple, or all three, sitting beside me so it would be harder to get anything else and I would shrug and eat them and know that if I still wanted something else I could have it - but, I ate the veggies and fruit most and usually first and during anything else.
    3) Mindfulness. Especially with anything "bad" I got to know my food - taste, touch, sight, smell, what it made me feel like. And there as no guilt allowed about anything. If I wanted chocolate, it was an informed decision, after having eaten much good food, and, I treated that decision with the honor it deserved by taking my time to eat teeny tiny crumbles of the chocolate and feel the flavor burst upon my tongue, to draw the aroma into my nostrils and down into the heart of me.

That really did two things for me, # 3 did. For one thing, it helped me to eat a lot less, because, it takes a long time to experience a very small thing fully and I didn't want to give up those experiences. Eating that way made everything I did it with better.

Also, it gave me a deeper appreciation of high quality ingredients versus cheap food. I would so much rather have 1/2 a piece of really good sprouted wheat bread than 2 (or more) of even lesser quality multi-grain bread from a regular store. And, you know what? It has more nutrition, so, having 1/2 a slice is not deprivation. Cheap chocolate ... hmm .. well, cheap like say,Hershey's, is sometimes still worth it.Cheap like Elmer's or whatever that nasty brand is - no way! Eating them slowly emphasized, in some cases, how much the "good taste" was just sickly sweet crap. Yaye!

Okay, so, I was not working out much at all and I was still eating whatever I wanted, including hamburgers and french fries (but, really good ones with real meat, most of the time), and turkey lunch meat sandwiches on what I used to think was good multi grain bread, and, fried eggs and pizza (not together) and drinking diet sodas (but, mostly water and unsweetened tea) and I lost that much weight in that sort of time frame without really trying to cut out anything. If you did the same basic things, but, more consciously, you'd probably do quite fine.

Two things I have learned, since, which I need to put into practice, all over again (that's a long story as to why):
    Exercising a few times a day, instead of just one big time, is much more likely to help you lose actual fat. It doesn't have to be big bouts of exercise, and, it can be as simple as a few minutes here and there and still include an hour long workout session before or after.The important part is to force your body into gearing up for exercising as many times a day as you reasonably can. That's when your metabolism really fires up and it takes just as long to shut down after 10 minutes as it does after an hour. I don't know about under 10 minutes,but, I had some dared good results with just 2 minutes, at times.

Use some extremely slow movements, some moderate paced movements and some very fast movements. Extremely slow movements mean concentration and really feeling what your muscles are doing and having time to utilize them best. Also, helps a lot with posture and toning. Moderate paced movements, well .. I guess they are just normal. You can do extremely slow and then extremely fast, if you want to, but, most people want to do moderate paced, so ... The fast bits, which are of short duration compared to the moderate paced bits (about half and half, alternated with slow bits), again, help really kick your metabolism into gear.

I could keep going on with things I learned,but, that's more than enough and I don't know what other people have told you. I was too excited that I actually knew something about something, for a change, and, jumped right in, as usual.
  • arlettasloan5
    Options
    Hello. Great progress!

I'm curious, are you doing the Whole30 program? What you said sounds a lot like what I just read about the program.

This is to the lady who says she gave up wheat, sugar, etc. and doesn't have a young lady's metabolism. I thought it would post right under her comment, since I clicked the reply button right under it, and, I didn't memorize her name or anything.
  • ShaSha620
    ShaSha620 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yes it is possible!!! i weighed 320 in march and as of today i have lost 40lbs, so 4 months i've lost 40. but as i saw someone else say it does depend on how big you are starting out at. i have alot to lose so of course its easier for me to set a goal like that and i did my goal is to lose 75lbs total by the end of september.
  • arlettasloan5
    Options
    Everyone is different; but also everyone is the same. We don't all necessarily need to eat exactly the same things or have the same amount of liquid, true. So we are different.

We do all - regardless of whether you believe in God, evolution or something else altogether - come from nature. We are all what we eat, so, if we want to be natural, we all need to eat natural. Not necessarily vegan, or all organic, or all raw, or so natural that we never take a bite of chocolate cake again because it has over 5 ingredients in the recipe; just, not chemically laden, over-processed crap. And, we all need water, lots and lots of water, because, we ARE lots and lots of water and without it, we don't function well and/or we die, altogether.

And, in all cases that I know of, we all have bodies that, if we pay attention, will tell us mostly everything else we need to know about how we should be eating. I truly believe that, especially as, after listening to my body, I read a whole lot of stuff from Dr. Oz and so many other people about how people with my (varied) problem(s) should eat like this and like that, and, avoid this, and, have that, and, I realized that, upon synthezing all that information over months of time, I had already been eating the way that was the balance between all those different things.

Now, after being interrupted by thieves and hooligans, I must get back to it.
  • MsPrncss
    MsPrncss Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is what I need to do too.
  • MsPrncss
    MsPrncss Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A BIG CONGRATS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!