How do you reward yourself..

Options
MuscleAndMascara
MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
How do you reward yourselves when you hit goals you've set? I learned a quote on one of the forums here saying " You are not a dog, do not reward yourself with food." It stuck with me, so what is it you do reward yourself with??? and does beer count? haha!

:)

Replies

• yourlittleloretta
    Options
    Clothes...and I want another tattoo so I'm using that as an incentive too!
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    The mere fact of knowing I've achieved a goal is satisfaction for me. Have never thought about rewarding myself in terms of material means.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    I did buy a pair of pants that were two sizes smaller that I now can fit into! That was pretty rewarding. But I am afraid to buy a lot of clothes seeing that I still have goals to reach.

I bought my first pair of really sexy high heels.. I'm getting more and more confident. Who knows, maybe in a month or two I'll actually wear them out lol!! :)
  • yourlittleloretta
    Options
    I definitely don't go overboard on the clothes...maybe a shirt or two...pair of jeans.

Rock those heels girl! :wink:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Mostly clothes. I need new clothes anyway from losing weight, but I'll be more likely to treat myself to a fun accessory item, boots, etc, as a weight loss "reward" to go along w/ new clothes (purchased mainly secondhand anyway).

For awhile I was doing fitness-related rewards for each 10 lb loss. I got myself a jump rope, glow in the dark basketball (which I actually use a lot more than I thought I would!), and compression-style fitness pants.
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    clothes, tattoo, body jewelry
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    By looking in the mirror and mirin how great I look as compared to how I used to look.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    Mostly clothes. I need new clothes anyway from losing weight, but I'll be more likely to treat myself to a fun accessory item, boots, etc, as a weight loss "reward" to go along w/ new clothes (purchased mainly secondhand anyway).

For awhile I was doing fitness-related rewards for each 10 lb loss. I got myself a jump rope, glow in the dark basketball (which I actually use a lot more than I thought I would!), and compression-style fitness pants.

That's a good idea! As I lose more weight I feel better about trying new things and not so embarrassed. I will look into more work out equipment for sure! :) things I can practice form at home so I don't look like a goof at the gym hahaha
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I don't really need to reward myself for getting proper nutrition and getting my fitness on. I never deprived myself and never thought of losing as something terribly difficult...I made overall better nutritional decisions and maintained a modest calorie deficit from that which I would need to maintain my weight...it was all very easy and I still enjoyed my beer and wine and jelly beans, etc. I've never seen any reason to materially reward myself for doing something that I should just be doing in general. I've been maintaining now for 6 months and really have never felt better...which I guess is my reward.

Making good nutritional decisions isn't hard and I look forward to my bike rides and hitting the weight room so no big deal there either.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    By looking in the mirror and mirin how great I look as compared to how I used to look.

haha I know I look better, but I'm still a harsh critic.. keeps me motivated to work on the areas I'm still unhappy with though.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Meh I'm reward driven hard work deserves payment. I love to accomplish a goal and know I'm getting something. So far my rewards have been make up and accessories for electric daisy concert, charms for my bracelet, perfumes, cartilage piercing and a copper salt and pepper grinder. More to come...cant wait!

When I reach my goal I'll switch to goals being more fitness, dietary, or challenge focused, but the rewards will still be extrinsic. Intrinsic just doesnt sit with me long enough.
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I treated myself to a few pairs of Rock Revivals when I finally reached the point where I really wanted to be with my body. Because I'm short and designer jeans only come in one length I had them altered to fit so they wouldn't drag on the ground. I also treated myself to a boutique shop owner's expertise of what would flatter my body shape the best. That was the most amazing reward. I had a new body, new identity and it deserved a new wardrobe.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Exactly this, secondhand clothes that get too big and fitness rewards. Next reward is a new pair of flourescent Nikes and maybe an ebook.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    I definitely don't go overboard on the clothes...maybe a shirt or two...pair of jeans.

Rock those heels girl! :wink:

I plan on it some day soon :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    And yes beer totally counts but I'd get a really high end microbrew and just enjoy the h_ll out of it
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I talk about my succes with mom or husband. I like verbal feedback.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    whatever it is that you all reward yourselves with, YOU DESERVE IT! In a world of hectic, unhealthy and lazy, you have made the choice to fight for your health. GOOD JOB EVERYONE. Keep up the awesome work. You all are an inspiration to me. :)
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I bought a scarf...which I guess I could have bought when I was heavier, but whatever!
  • MJC22712
    MJC22712 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Starbucks, I reward myself once or twice a week...
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Hookers and blow.