The world of warcraft thread

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
Long time wow addict here. Friends were bugging me to come back to a pvp based private server but since I've quit wow since early MOP, I figured I'd stay away. But it did got me to the memory lane.

In remembrance of WOW, I thought I shall make a wow thread and see what other players favorite thing in the game were? What were some of the best pvp you've done? What boss fights you thought were most creative and fun? Which ones were most frustrating and your guild breaker? What class was your main? What was most fun thing for you to do?!?!

Replies

• taunto
    Options
    I played almost every class on either high lvl raiding or pvp'ing except rogue, mage and shaman. But played lock and druid mostly in pve. Best pvp was (shamefully) when there was a prot pally healing in s7 (or was it s8?) when a prot pally with holy gear could solo 2 rogues in 2v2. Oh the fun I had back then!!!

Most fun fights were without a doubt Kael and illi. COUNTLESS hours were spent on it. The most kickass thing was that we got a warglaive on our first illidan kill which was just icing over cake. Most frustrating fight hands down was Archimonde. Every damn attempt we'd hear somebody blaming lag for not levitating. Our raid leader had to start taxing people with 10 motes of shadows for every screw up.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite times were various 2v2 matches, nowhere near the level you played at but in the 1800-2000 bracket. I recall one match where my mouse battery died and I managed to change batteries and get back into the match without either of us dying, which was hilarious. I recall hitting something like a 15k shield slam crit to bring a DK from about 75% to dead in one shot and all I hear on Teamspeak from my partner is:

"LOLOL What the hell was that?"
    me: "BOOYA! 15k shield slam LOLOL"

Him, totally serious: "This game is broken"
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I still play. Love me some arenas:) I'm a Warlock to the end! I've tried other classes and they weren't for me. With the new expansion you get an automatic 90 upgrade so I might bump my shammy.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite times were various 2v2 matches, nowhere near the level you played at but in the 1800-2000 bracket. I recall one match where my mouse battery died and I managed to change batteries and get back into the match without either of us dying, which was hilarious. I recall hitting something like a 15k shield slam crit to bring a DK from about 75% to dead in one shot and all I hear on Teamspeak from my partner is:

Hahaha! It's been a while for you eh? I hit 100k regularly with my chaos bolt.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I've found my home... <3

Started playing off and on in 2006, spent a lot of time on Blackwater Raiders now my main realm is Wyrmrest Accord. Started as an orc warrior, main became a belf rogue... now my friends only play alliance because they're hoidy toidy and only like "pretty" characters, so my main's a worgen druid... also leveling a dwarf mage, elf rogue, human pally... >_> I want to get back into the horde though *has a horde key chain to display her horde pride*... I miss my orcs and trolls and undead beauties. Not really into pvp, just kinda like my quests, being silly with my friends, and arenas/raids/heroics.

Smashed my finger over the weekend so I haven't been on much this week. :(
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

I quit just before MoP came out, but the good arena stories came from a season or two or four prior to when I had left. I found it less and less enjoyable as seasons progressed.
  • taunto
    Options

I remember coming back to game when cata came out and warriors had colossal smash or something attack that ignored all of players armor or something stupid like that. I was on my hpally and the warrior heroic leaped to me and within 2 seconds I was dead. I didn't even had a chance to bubble. That was like one of our first games so the bracket couldn't have been better than 1600. You have no idea the screams I yelled and my partner (I think he was playing his DK) just laughing his butt off saying "LOLOLOL MR. Gladiator!!! NOOOOOOB!!!!!" :(

I still have screenshots of last season in wotlk when I was boosting somebodys account and we faced a rdruid and hpally in 2's (seriously...) the game went on for like 40 minutes. I was used to playing hour long games in tbc against locks so no biggie but it was still frustrating. I was very happy when we actually killed both of them. Their entire strategy was to frustrate other team till they left or the game draw...
  • taunto
    Options

I quit just before MoP came out, but the good arena stories came from a season or two or four prior to when I had left. I found it less and less enjoyable as seasons progressed.

Arena boosting seriously ruined game for me after a point.

We had to transfer our toons to a low rated battlegroup (I forgot the name but the server was neldrassil) and games were so boring against teams that we ended up playing warrior/spriest/rdruid which was basically an unheard of comp. And while waiting for partners, I'd just go into heroics Q'd as a resto druid but spec'd for boomkin and just starfall. After everything was dead, 2 lifeblooms and tank is topped off again. Its sad how much I miss even screwing around like that lol.
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My main is an Orc Enhancement Shaman, started playing since wrath. I play on and off based on if my friends are active or not. Everyone is back and getting into raiding so I am back for that as well, ran a few raids earlier this week through the LFR system and it was a blast! My joy though is PVP. Best recent moment is when me and friend (windwalker monk) decided to do 2's arena with NO pvp gear whatsoever (I had just come back to the game after a while and he was on a new level 90) and we went head to head with a few well-geared players and actually won more matches than we thought we would. Our summary of the gameplay was "either we are better than we think, our opponents are just plain bad, or our classes are broken as hell" lol.
  • taunto
    Options
    My main is an Orc Enhancement Shaman, started playing since wrath. I play on and off based on if my friends are active or not. Everyone is back and getting into raiding so I am back for that as well, ran a few raids earlier this week through the LFR system and it was a blast! My joy though is PVP. Best recent moment is when me and friend (windwalker monk) decided to do 2's arena with NO pvp gear whatsoever (I had just come back to the game after a while and he was on a new level 90) and we went head to head with a few well-geared players and actually won more matches than we thought we would. Our summary of the gameplay was "either we are better than we think, our opponents are just plain bad, or our classes are broken as hell" lol.

lol you can get very lucky in early brackets as double dps. Specially with unconventional comps you can pretty much just confuse the lower brackets into making decisions and they're dead before they can react to you. I'm glad you got to enjoy the game with friends!
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I fail at PVP. I still say Karazhan chess rocks. I really liked LK fight. I dropped after hitting 90 and doing nothing in MOP.

My main is enhancement shaman.

My favorite thing was doing class quests before removal ( priest class quest rocked ), Battle for Darrowshire, stuff like that.

Not giving up my sub because WoW still has more lore than anything, when I want to relive a story I just go there.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    One of my funniest (to me) memories was my first time to Stormwind. Anyway, I had my Night Elf Druid there for the first time and someone had brought a dragon right up to the entrance and there was a big fight. I don't know if it was Onyxia or just a random dragon from the nearby mountains, but I just derped right up to join the fight. The dragon just looked my toon and she died. :laugh:

ETA missing words
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    What do you all think about the Warlords of Draenor expansion pack? From what I saw it looks like fun.

We are just a small level 6 guild of 2, LOL! My BF and myself. We get into random dungeons here and there. Have fun unwind after work. Make bags to sell on the AH...simple peasant WOW life.

Oh and pet battles rule!
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What do you all think about the Warlords of Draenor expansion pack? From what I saw it looks like fun.

We are just a small level 6 guild of 2, LOL! My BF and myself. We just get into random dungeons here and there. Just have fun unwind after work. Make bags to sell on the AH...simple peasant WOW life.
    From what I've seen of the expansion, I'm into it, if anything, I can get a free level 90, lol. I'm the same way with wow atm, unwind after work, play some pvp, or do a raid, nothing serious like back in the day of my serous business raiding schedule, good gawd, it was too much, heh.
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Lol. I started playing really young when my brother was getting into it. I just made a nightelf because she was pretty. :) Later, I got more serious, made a Bloodelf Pally, then a blood elf mage. Was horde all the way. Then I quit for a while, until I found friends who played and made me make some alliance toons. Night Elf druid. One of my favorite classes now. Lol. Goodness... Seriously want to play right now. When I was goofing off, I always loved getting under Orgimmar, when you could. And I love going to the Darkmoon Faire and watching Sig rock that guitar. ♥ Yum.
  • taunto
    Options

We are just a small level 6 guild of 2, LOL! My BF and myself. We get into random dungeons here and there. Have fun unwind after work. Make bags to sell on the AH...simple peasant WOW life.

Oh and pet battles rule!

Most of my friends are now wayy too higher skilled than me or playing on private pvp servers so I highly doubt I would play the new exac. Specially since pvp seems to be getting worst and pve is meh.

The simple wow life was awesome and I seriously miss it. My best time on wow was when I was new in wow and was in a very small guild who showed me the ways of wow.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

We are just a small level 6 guild of 2, LOL! My BF and myself. We just get into random dungeons here and there. Just have fun unwind after work. Make bags to sell on the AH...simple peasant WOW life.
    From what I've seen of the expansion, I'm into it, if anything, I can get a free level 90, lol. I'm the same way with wow atm, unwind after work, play some pvp, or do a raid, nothing serious like back in the day of my serous business raiding schedule, good gawd, it was too much, heh.

i'm so excited about the 90 jump up already have my character picked out!

I've never done the intense raiding thing, but what I've heard from my BF it was like a second job. He wont do it the times I've talked about expanding the guild and doing more raids he said nope didnt want to get back into it. Plus, he's probably protecting me from my general suck-i-tude when it comes to game playing.

Although the gear you guys get from it looks so cool.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

Oh and pet battles rule!

Most of my friends are now wayy too higher skilled than me or playing on private pvp servers so I highly doubt I would play the new exac. Specially since pvp seems to be getting worst and pve is meh.

The simple wow life was awesome and I seriously miss it. My best time on wow was when I was new in wow and was in a very small guild who showed me the ways of wow.

When did you first start playing it?
  • taunto
    Options

i'm so excited about the 90 jump up already have my character picked out!

I've never done the intense raiding thing, but what I've heard from my BF it was like a second job. He wont do it the times I've talked about expanding the guild and doing more raids he said nope didnt want to get back into it. Plus, he's probably protecting me from my general suck-i-tude when it comes to game playing.

Although the gear you guys get from it looks so cool.

Can't you get the gear from pugs? or at least get some of the gear from raid finder or did they removed it from the game?
  • taunto
    Options

Oh and pet battles rule!

When did you first start playing it?

TBC was when I got serious about it.