The world of warcraft thread

Options

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    What do you all think about the Warlords of Draenor expansion pack? From what I saw it looks like fun.

We are just a small level 6 guild of 2, LOL! My BF and myself. We get into random dungeons here and there. Have fun unwind after work. Make bags to sell on the AH...simple peasant WOW life.

Oh and pet battles rule!

Ah! I'm trying to level my pets so I can get the baby Niuzao:) It's so time consuming though. Some of WoD sounds great, other things I'll have to see them in play.
  • JesusBiscuits
    Options
    I met my ex on WoW, and crossed the world to meet him in person.

I'm a BR HUEHEUHUEHUE GIBE MONY PLEASEE. Sometimes you find love in strange places.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I used to play, forgot the server, but my character name was Justatyp

Cow Shaman.

I really dug WSG, so I played the hell out of the 10-19, then moved up to the 40-49, and stayed there. It was good. Played a pally in 40-49 WSG for a while too, wasn't as fun as my murder cow though.
  • NetmanNH
    Options
    I am a strictly PVE player, but I love raiding. I have a lvl 90 Hunter, a 90 Death Knight and a 72 Warlock (got to get his butt in gear!) .. Cant wait for the next expansion!
  • JesusBiscuits
    Options
    Oh, and I was Olyvianna in Lothar - US I believe. A paladin draenei.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    What do you all think about the Warlords of Draenor expansion pack? From what I saw it looks like fun.

We are just a small level 6 guild of 2, LOL! My BF and myself. We just get into random dungeons here and there. Just have fun unwind after work. Make bags to sell on the AH...simple peasant WOW life.
    From what I've seen of the expansion, I'm into it, if anything, I can get a free level 90, lol. I'm the same way with wow atm, unwind after work, play some pvp, or do a raid, nothing serious like back in the day of my serous business raiding schedule, good gawd, it was too much, heh.

i'm so excited about the 90 jump up already have my character picked out!

I've never done the intense raiding thing, but what I've heard from my BF it was like a second job. He wont do it the times I've talked about expanding the guild and doing more raids he said nope didnt want to get back into it. Plus, he's probably protecting me from my general suck-i-tude when it comes to game playing.

Although the gear you guys get from it looks so cool.

I hate raiding for TONS of reasons. Mainly the elitist a-holes who will kick someone for getting into a random argument, not even game related. That seriously happened and me and the hubby was like, what the hell? So we pulled the boss and let 'em wipe. Then we left the raid, lol. Another issue I have is after every boss there's like a 15 minute wait for a new tank or whatever. Not for me at all.

On the PVP, WoD front, I am looking forward to the new arena where everyone has the same gear and it's solely based on skill. That'll be awesome.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    In remembrance of WOW

:flowerforyou:
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Still playing (too much) on EU - Darksorrow
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I quit before the last expansion. I got sick of the same oh same oh. I decided to try Guild wars 2 and instead got hooked on minecraft lol. I still plan on trrying Guild Wars 2 and I will defiantly be playing Elder Scrolls Online :)
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oh man. This thread ALMOST makes me want to buy a month just to see what's going on in the game. I loved PVP. Sucked at it, but loved it. I was all about endgame though. Ridiculously high gear scores. All that jazz. I was a night elf hunter. Those were the days. MOP ruined that game for me.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've been playing WoW on and off since Burning Crusade, usually on my warlock. I did a lot of raiding on the Illidan and Mal'Ganis servers but my first raiding guild is where I had the best times. It was a very social guild that liked to party, and consequently there were a lot of drunk raids. On a particularly rough night after everyone had stumbled home from their respective bars, we decided to do a makeshift Naxx run that was utterly disastrous. We usually cleared the content without issues but barely made it halfway this time thanks to giggle fits.

I loved Ulduar for raiding. I had all the leet skeet gear, but I don't think I could ever go back to a strict raiding guild/schedule. So time consuming and not always that fun. At least I can still "raid" with LFR.

I'm leveling an Alliance warlock for the first time at the moment with a group of friends, just casually passing time until the next expansion. It feels really dirty and forbidden being Alliance after so many years with the Horde.
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I only recently canceled my long time (since release) subscription.

I kept going back and have so many great memories. But now when I go back. I find myself just flying around doing nothing.

I miss the way guilds and raiding used to be. Now it's all random, random groups, random guilds, random raids... you don't get to know who you're playing with.

I'm not playing any mmo at this time. I'm waiting for something... just not sure what yet... maybe EQ3.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Still playing (too much) on EU - Darksorrow

We seriously tried to chase EU players in world rankings but... they are just a different breed of players. I believe there has been only 2 times when world firsts were US rather than EU ("blood legion" and "death and taxes") and it was just crazy stressful to compete against EU guilds for spots.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a level 90 sub rogue for my main, i got mop and leveled him all the way up. I beena couple month brake.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, hardest boss fights. Hard mode Anub or Lich King. I think we got Anub down to 1% once. Brutal. 0 light Yogg? Oh man.

I think the most difficult instance (at the time) was AQ40. We never even made it to Cthun, and I heard he was ridiculously hard. Hell we barely made it past Twin Emps a few times. Even the trash in that place was insane.

I haven't played in 2.5 years if you can't tell. Last major fight I did was hard-mode Nef/Ony.
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, you're killing me here! Used to play all the time until a couple years ago when our guild just sort of...inexplicably...disintegrated. I actually didn't miss it at first, as it had become like a second job and the constant raiding was just taking up so much of my time. Lately I have been jonseing to play again. I would love to just poke around, do quests and the OCCASIONAL raid. Our guild was mostly family, and was a lot of fun just to hang out online together. My husband and I both played (he got me started on it) but he's had a bad taste in his mouth from the way it all fell apart, so I don't know how receptive he would be to getting back in it. Sure, I could get back on by myself, but the fun was in doing it together.

Anyhoo, my main was a BE lock, and if I remember correctly I had her maxed out, with pretty decent gear and DPS. I never really liked doing PvP, but that's probably because I just didn't do much of it. Cata was the last expansion I played, so I feel like I'm so far behind that even trying to get back in it would be a lost cause.

Sigh. Oh well...

(BTW, was Ixreyn on Jaedenar server. FOR THE HORDE!!!)
  • alecialudwickjones
    Options
    FACK, I need to log on and do my dailies!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, hardest boss fights. Hard mode Anub or Lich King. I think we got Anub down to 1% once. Brutal. 0 light Yogg? Oh man.

I think the most difficult instance (at the time) was AQ40. We never even made it to Cthun, and I heard he was ridiculously hard. Hell we barely made it past Twin Emps a few times. Even the trash in that place was insane.

I haven't played in 2.5 years if you can't tell. Last major fight I did was hard-mode Nef/Ony.

I always felt vanilla KT was rougher than Cthun. The video you heard on my wall was about HM Anub lol. I think we were going for US first in that. LK was tons of fun too. They shoulda made more fun fights like LK!
  • meeper123
    Options
    FACK, I need to log on and do my dailies!!!
    shudder
  • meeper123
    Options
    I think I put too much pressure on myself when I played and didn't just have fun. I had 5 85s that I grind to heroic gear and just raided nonstop. I was sick of the whole thing when I quite. I just logged off one day and didn't come back. If I did go back I think I would just have fun maybe pvp more.